VLAN configuration on NETDUMA R2

JOSHR3ll

• Administrators

I did bring it up recently and a dev said possibly Q2 so I brought it higher up and expressed that some people need it for a connection so they will bring it up at the next sprint meeting to see if it can be implemented sooner. I'll get back to you once I have more news.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I've just spoken with the devs and there's no news as yet, but they're still working on it!

thank you i hope this will be quickly implemented for the quality of this product. It would be a shame that this is not available because many users will force us to go to products like the Ubiquiti Router. Thanks you.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, JOSHR3ll said:

thank you i hope this will be quickly implemented for the quality of this product. It would be a shame that this is not available because many users will force us to go to products like the Ubiquiti Router. Thanks you.

It is being worked on, I've been told it could be implemented in about a month.

4 hours ago, nWoMaverick said:

Can´t use the R2 without VLAN feature. 

German Telekom (Germanys biggest Provider) forces VLAN 7. Without VLAN feature it it IMPOSSIBLE to connect to the internet. Please this should be TOP Priority to the DEVS.

We appreciate how inconvenient this is for some users, rest assured this is indeed a top priority for us!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 7:03 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It is being worked on, I've been told it could be implemented in about a month.

hi, 1 month has passed what is the news on this implementation thank you

On 3/10/2021 at 9:20 AM, Netduma Liam said:

We're still working on this, it shouldn't be too long before we can release this but unfortunately we don't yet have an ETA.

willing to beta test; I need VLAN!

On 2/19/2021 at 10:37 AM, nWoMaverick said:

Can´t use the R2 without VLAN feature. 

German Telekom (Germanys biggest Provider) forces VLAN 7. Without VLAN feature it it IMPOSSIBLE to connect to the internet. Please this should be TOP Priority to the DEVS.

You can always use a Modem like the Draytek Vigor ones, and set the VLAN Tag 7 there. Is the better option. Things like MagentaTV will still work, and you will not have this Problem again with any kind of Router. Also gets rid of Double NAT.

Cheers

Boixa

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 12:48 PM, Boixa said:

You can always use a Modem like the Draytek Vigor ones, and set the VLAN Tag 7 there. Is the better option. Things like MagentaTV will still work, and you will not have this Problem again with any kind of Router. Also gets rid of Double NAT.

Cheers

Boixa

Nope. i have FTTH, and the provider forces there own Fiber Modem. I agree with u when i would have internet over DSL, but with FTTH Draytek can´t help

• Administrators
1 hour ago, nWoMaverick said:

Top Priority .... 2 Months later : Nothing

sorry but this isn´t top priority in my opinion.

We're working on it in this sprint so should be available when the next version is released

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/24/2021 at 12:46 PM, nWoMaverick said:

Nope. i have FTTH, and the provider forces there own Fiber Modem. I agree with u when i would have internet over DSL, but with FTTH Draytek can´t help

Then it's possible to do it with  a cheap managed swith ie Netgear GS305E.

Connect it between your media converter, set 2 ports to VLAN 7. Tag the port going out to your  mediaconverter and untag the port to your router. Port coming from your router should have PVID 7.

It's just inconvient having another device in between.

8 hours ago, JOSHR3ll said:

6 months ! that I am waiting and that I will soon be yes, I am patient but take us for sheep

I can appreciate why it's so frustrating, we're still doing it but the devs are really busy currently hence why things are taking longer.