VLAN configuration on NETDUMA R2

JOSHR3ll

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nWoMaverick said:

My R2 is now unusable since 6 Month (half a year) cause of lacking VLAN support ..... this sucks guys.... this isn´t "top priority" 😞

We're hoping to have this included in the next firmware.

Can you not connect the R2 to your old router and then have all devices connect to your R2?

.... My "old" Router is an XR500. i buyed the R2 cause it was promised that the Firmware Updates will be much more often and frequent. But as u know by urself  .... the promise wasn´t/isn´t fullfilled and i don´t want cascade the routers.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, nWoMaverick said:

.... My "old" Router is an XR500. i buyed the R2 cause it was promised that the Firmware Updates will be much more often and frequent. But as u know by urself  .... the promise wasn´t/isn´t fullfilled and i don´t want cascade the routers.

It will be included in the next build and it's not far off now

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
9 hours ago, JOSHR3ll said:

finally after more than 6 months of waiting, I'm still waiting to see with my own eyes because unfortunately I no longer believe it

Totally understand your frustration, I don't have a date for the next firmware but I'll see if I can get a better idea of how long it might be

• 4 months later...

Hi Team!
Thinking of buying a Netduma R2, but using Movistar (Spain) as ISP, which requires VLAN Tagging (VLAN 6). I can certainly see there is no update regarding VLAN Tagging support for R2 since September 2021 in this thread.

Also, the FAQ looks quite outdated too: https://netduma.com/support/faqs/r2-support-vlan/

Is there any update? How is it possible that something that means a business blocker to reach a huge part of your potential market/customers like VLAN tagging gets so unattended and deprioritized?

If Netduma R2 doesn't support VLAN Tagging, I will likely choose a different brand to replace my HGU

1 hour ago, eduramfer said:

Hi Team!
Thinking of buying a Netduma R2, but using Movistar (Spain) as ISP, which requires VLAN Tagging (VLAN 6). I can certainly see there is no update regarding VLAN Tagging support for R2 since September 2021 in this thread.

Also, the FAQ looks quite outdated too: https://netduma.com/support/faqs/r2-support-vlan/

Is there any update? How is it possible that something that means a business blocker to reach a huge part of your potential market/customers like VLAN tagging gets so unattended and deprioritized?

If Netduma R2 doesn't support VLAN Tagging, I will likely choose a different brand to replace my HGU

Since R2 FW .394

vlan tag ok …

1 hour ago, eduramfer said:

Hi Team!

Welcome to the forum!

VLAN tagging has been supported in DumaOS since we released our latest firmware, see below:

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2021 at 10:37 AM, nWoMaverick said:

Can´t use the R2 without VLAN feature. 

German Telekom (Germanys biggest Provider) forces VLAN 7. Without VLAN feature it it IMPOSSIBLE to connect to the internet. Please this should be TOP Priority to the DEVS.

hi, benutzt und vor dem netduma noch ein Modem im bridge oder kann der netduma vollständig die Verbindung herstellen? Ich habe ein Modem davor, würde es aber gerne entfernen 

9 hours ago, fabigas said:

hi, benutzt und vor dem netduma noch ein Modem im bridge oder kann der netduma vollständig die Verbindung herstellen? Ich habe ein Modem davor, würde es aber gerne entfernen 

Sie müssen etwas im Netzwerk haben, das die Modemfunktionalität handhabt, ja. Der R2 ist ein reiner Router.