Issues since getting the NetdumaR2

HaydenBee

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@Zippy it's sending the renewal to the gateway address to then get the new address ending .145 so that's normal there.

Okay Fraser I think I see what your saying.. I just thought because he said he had a static IP now it would have grabbed the same address.. Or basically renew to the same address..

My fault there Fraser! :) 

Zippy.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Seems to be indicating a kernel issue, when it happens again could you do the following please:

Click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then however above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.

this is the same thing i did a couple weeks back, i can do it again though next time it happens

I dont have any issues like this, best thing I can recommend to fix this is to use the aussieBB app kick connection twice and do a port reset if on fttn, do this after you've disconnected the router .Im with Aussie using same router and the dropouts stopped after those. Haven't had any wan issues since.

Make sure you have disabled ipv6 in the lan and wan sections. Unless you are on the ipv6 beta with Aussie which I doubt I would disable them.

Also those arent kernel panics, its for cache clearing which is a script set on a timer so the command is being called and then executed no issues.

11 hours ago, digz_au said:

I dont have any issues like this, best thing I can recommend to fix this is to use the aussieBB app kick connection twice and do a port reset if on fttn, do this after you've disconnected the router .Im with Aussie using same router and the dropouts stopped after those. Haven't had any wan issues since.

Make sure you have disabled ipv6 in the lan and wan sections. Unless you are on the ipv6 beta with Aussie which I doubt I would disable them.

Also those arent kernel panics, its for cache clearing which is a script set on a timer so the command is being called and then executed no issues.

thanks for the help! will do next time it drops out

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for that, there's nothing I would consider to be out of the ordinary there.

Was this screenshot captured when the drop occurred?

yes, maybe like 20 seconds after the internet came back and i was able to open the interface and get to this menu. During the actual dropout, i can't load dumaos at all.

1 hour ago, HaydenBee said:

yes, maybe like 20 seconds after the internet came back and i was able to open the interface and get to this menu. During the actual dropout, i can't load dumaos at all.

Righto, thanks!

Just quickly, did you try the suggestion from digz:

On 1/31/2021 at 12:58 PM, digz_au said:

use the aussieBB app kick connection twice and do a port reset if on fttn

11 hours ago, HaydenBee said:

If you can't load the duma os itself during the dropout it could be a router issue. I'd suggest reinstalling the latest firmware followed by a factory reset both from the gui and the little reset button on the back of the router.

On 2/2/2021 at 1:25 PM, digz_au said:

If you can't load the duma os itself during the dropout it could be a router issue. I'd suggest reinstalling the latest firmware followed by a factory reset both from the gui and the little reset button on the back of the router.

i have re-installed the firmware twice and factory reset 5+ times, unfortunately hasnt fixed anything

6 hours ago, HaydenBee said:

i have re-installed the firmware twice and factory reset 5+ times, unfortunately hasnt fixed anything

Im not sure then mate, maybe a defective unit then. I have no issues with disconnects and I've got the same connection and isp as you.  Do you have another place you can test this router at?

@Netduma Alex maybe we need a wan release/reset button like the xr routers have. This would help people,I know it would help me.

30 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Im not sure then mate, maybe a defective unit then. I have no issues with disconnects and I've got the same connection and isp as you.  Do you have another place you can test this router at?

@Netduma Alex maybe we need a wan release/reset button like the xr routers have. This would help people,I know it would help me.

i may be able to test it somewhere else, although probably not anytime soon

1 hour ago, HaydenBee said:

i may be able to test it somewhere else, although probably not anytime soon

Maybe better to return it mate. If it's not working for you which it isn't for some people. What reasons did you buy it in the 1st place. The Geo-Filter won't have any effect over here in Australia as we only have 1 location for all dedicated servers which is Sydney. If you need an advice for a router that helps with gaming I can help you no problems.

1 hour ago, digz_au said:

Maybe better to return it mate. If it's not working for you which it isn't for some people. What reasons did you buy it in the 1st place. The Geo-Filter won't have any effect over here in Australia as we only have 1 location for all dedicated servers which is Sydney. If you need an advice for a router that helps with gaming I can help you no problems.

I mainly got it because i fell in love with dumaos, being able to see the tickrate and exact location of servers i play on, network-wide adblock, being able to prioritize different types of network tasks (im a video editor and so im downloading/uploading 10-20gb of files a day, and i honestly dont even know if it makes much of a difference but to be honest, its all stuff i can live without. Ill most likely purchase another router, thank you to everyone for all the help though! It is much appreciated.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, HaydenBee said:

I mainly got it because i fell in love with dumaos, being able to see the tickrate and exact location of servers i play on, network-wide adblock, being able to prioritize different types of network tasks (im a video editor and so im downloading/uploading 10-20gb of files a day, and i honestly dont even know if it makes much of a difference but to be honest, its all stuff i can live without. Ill most likely purchase another router, thank you to everyone for all the help though! It is much appreciated.

Sorry to hear it is still happening, we could organize a replacement but as it's a software issue there is a high chance you would experience it again. Hopefully the issue should be fixed for the next version though.

6 hours ago, HaydenBee said:

Yeah nice thats the same as me, being able to have the servers details at hand to troubleshoot if iam having/seeing issues. Id recommend an asus ax86u that what ill be moving to shortly, the r2 just doesn't cut the cheese in regards to wifi, general stability and performance. My edgerouter x outperforms it and it costs $75 vs $250 for the r2. Goodluck mate

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear it is still happening, we could organize a replacement but as it's a software issue there is a high chance you would experience it again. Hopefully the issue should be fixed for the next version though.

Been hearing that since the r1 about waiting for the next version... seriously though you might wanna think about getting the r apps sorted and fixed asap to be able to roll out fixes much faster. Im very close to returning my r2 aswell due to wifi just plain and simply not working or dropping out. In fact how do I go around doing this so I can get it organised? I need functional wifi for the kids and my mobile devices at home. Cheers

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Been hearing that since the r1 about waiting for the next version... seriously though you might wanna think about getting the r apps sorted and fixed asap to be able to roll out fixes much faster. Im very close to returning my r2 aswell due to wifi just plain and simply not working or dropping out. In fact how do I go around doing this so I can get it organised? I need functional wifi for the kids and my mobile devices at home. Cheers

The R1 is in beta so that's understandable but I get your frustration on the R2, I've been told a few more weeks for an update by the looks of it. You can see our terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The R1 is in beta so that's understandable but I get your frustration on the R2, I've been told a few more weeks for an update by the looks of it. You can see our terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/

Terms for what? You sell a product advertising wifi yet it doesn't work lol hello. Can I please have the return details. I've owned this for a month now. Or get somebody to PM me. Cheers.

You've told us customers a fix is coming yet there's no fix, then go ahead and say you can't return after 30 days... dude that's pretty bad considering you are telling people wait a fix is on the way but if you wait too long and we don't provide a fix, as it's happening now that you are screwed.🙄🙄

I emailed the address listed in the tos. Thanks for your help.

Sorry for hijacking your post Hayden.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Terms for what? You sell a product advertising wifi yet it doesn't work lol hello. Can I please have the return details. I've owned this for a month now. Or get somebody to PM me. Cheers.

You've told us customers a fix is coming yet there's no fix, then go ahead and say you can't return after 30 days... dude that's pretty bad considering you are telling people wait a fix is on the way but if you wait too long and we don't provide a fix, as it's happening now that you are screwed.🙄🙄

I emailed the address listed in the tos. Thanks for your help.

Sorry for hijacking your post Hayden.

I understand but that is the return policy we have, anything outside that they would need to authorize via email as I can't do that unfortunately. They are quite reasonable though.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I understand but that is the return policy we have, anything outside that they would need to authorize via email as I can't do that unfortunately. They are quite reasonable though.

I emailed them, just so you know that we are covered over here by the ACL. Thanks for your help.