Issues since getting the NetdumaR2

HaydenBee

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HaydenBee said:

Will do. No, i almost never have the interface open, only when i want to check something. If i recall correctly, last time it seemed to cut out whenever there was a DHCP lease change...will post then soon.

If that is the case then on the R2 change the DHCP lease hours to 168 and that may help

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If that is the case then on the R2 change the DHCP lease hours to 168 and that may help

this was the step you told me to do a few weeks back, i checked and confirmed that it is still set to 168 hours

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, HaydenBee said:

since changing the setting, the dropouts didnt stop. I havent been home much yesterday and today, but next time it drops out i will capture a log and post it here

Also when it happens see if you're able to grab this information please:

Click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then however above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:32 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you could get it to a week and have the time it renews to the middle of the night then I think that would work much better.

It seems to cut out every time a device gets a new IP, not just my routers ip. It sometimes happens a few minutes apart

6 hours ago, HaydenBee said:

It seems to cut out every time a device gets a new IP, not just my routers ip. It sometimes happens a few minutes apart

Did your ISP extend the lease? 

So are you saying every time one device gets a new IP it loses connection? Or everything loses connection?

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Did your ISP extend the lease? 

So are you saying every time one device gets a new IP it loses connection? Or everything loses connection?

sorry i thought i already responded after it happened, i called my isp and told them the issue, and they said they could put me onto a static ip, so that's what i did. but the dropouts are still happening, and yes every time one device gets a new ip, everything seems to lose connection.

10 hours ago, HaydenBee said:

sorry i thought i already responded after it happened, i called my isp and told them the issue, and they said they could put me onto a static ip, so that's what i did. but the dropouts are still happening, and yes every time one device gets a new ip, everything seems to lose connection.

Thank you for the update! Are there any log entries now when this occurs then? If you could repeat the process of checking the logs when the drops occur.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:17 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Is this when the drop occurred? 11:38?

sorry, the dropout occurred at the top of the logs, at around 11:55. It happened again today, here are the logs for that. To note, the dropout happened at 11:46 here, and the logs were taken at 11:49, there dont seem to be any logs past 11:45 though. 

• Administrators

Seems to be indicating a kernel issue, when it happens again could you do the following please:

Click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then however above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.

Hey @Netduma Fraser I noticed HaydenBee has a similar issue when it pertains to the WAN credentials.. His logs are exactly like mine when this happens as for the WAN side.. If you noticed that his WAN renews to the correct address but yet the R2 doesnt use the same address after.. Even a DHCP dynamic address it should renew to the same address if nothing has changed.. But in this situation it shows the renew one then comes up with a different one.. That really shouldnt be happening.. 

This could cause the disconnect.. It may not happen right away but minutes later it could drop the connection because the WAN address is already in use.. I noticed that two things that can occur during this.. One when this takes place the WAN completely drops out.. Two if one is online there will be a temporary freeze WAN drop but will recover..

Hope what im saying makes sense..

Thanks!

Zippy.