Geo filter and cold war

scoobypreza

Getting this error message whether Geo Filter strict mode is turned on or off. 

PS4 Pro, Zen ISP. 

Not sure if relevant, but for some reason, there's a server which keeps lighting up in Poland - which never happens in Modern Warfare. Not sure if this is a misattributed server?

• Administrators
On 11/16/2020 at 11:45 PM, local_celebrity said:

Getting this error message whether Geo Filter strict mode is turned on or off. 

PS4 Pro, Zen ISP. 

Not sure if relevant, but for some reason, there's a server which keeps lighting up in Poland - which never happens in Modern Warfare. Not sure if this is a misattributed server?

Disable Filtering mode, do you still see it? As above it's for authentication and so required for an online connection to the game - it won't affect your game ping.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable Filtering mode, do you still see it? As above it's for authentication and so required for an online connection to the game - it won't affect your game ping.

Even with filtering disabled, it still happens, but less so. That's my (admittedly not v scientific) impression from testing it out for a couple of hours tonight.

Will see how things pan out during the week.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, local_celebrity said:

Even with filtering disabled, it still happens, but less so. That's my (admittedly not v scientific) impression from testing it out for a couple of hours tonight.

Will see how things pan out during the week.

How often does it happen without filtering enabled? It could be due to the launch rush, there are usually issues early on.

I'm looking forward to the cloud update since I'm dealing with the same issue. I'm really confused though about how some low ping servers are located far away from my location when I ping them using the Ping headmap. Are those servers mislocated and with this cloud update are they gonna be place in the correct location? 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I'm looking forward to the cloud update since I'm dealing with the same issue. I'm really confused though about how some low ping servers are located far away from my location when I ping them using the Ping headmap. Are those servers mislocated and with this cloud update are they gonna be place in the correct location? 

Yes exactly, you hit the nail on the head there. If you see a server that is far aware from you but it has a low ping then in reality it will be much closer to you. Until then you could use the Geo-Filter to force the server where it appears on the map and get a low ping. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, scoobypreza said:

Still getting error message when using geo on cold war so I can't use it as soon as it tries to connect to a sever outside of the geo the search fails 

If you allow that server does that become the host or does something within your radius become the host?

If I turn geo off it will connect to any of the sever around Europe but if I use geo for just the UK and it tries to connect to a sever outside the geo the game search times out with the error message I think it does this because cold war thinks there is an error with my connection because it can't connect to the severs th r2 is blocking 

On 12/1/2020 at 2:14 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you able to re-search after you get the message and get a game within your radius?

Sometimes yes but most of the time restarting the game seems to work.

Although I googled the error and it seems a lot of people are getting the same issue so I'm starting to think it's a game issue not the R2

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Wayne1985 said:

Sometimes yes but most of the time restarting the game seems to work.

Although I googled the error and it seems a lot of people are getting the same issue so I'm starting to think it's a game issue not the R2

Oh interesting, thanks for that information. If you come across any links do post them here as it'd be very helpful.

On 11/16/2020 at 7:36 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Great thanks for the information, I've passed that onto the team. Are you thinking it could be to do with Sky?

No I’m with BT and get the same issue so I play without geofilter now 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, doesn't look like it. Does it happen without the Geo-Filter or connected direct to the hub?

No without geo filter I get no issues. The odd part is even when I don’t host the party but I have filtering mode on (covering the whole of U.K. and bit of France) we get the same error. The fix requires me to turn off filtering and we get into a lobby straight away. This was something I hadn’t experienced with the R1 where you get issues even when you’re not hosting the party. I then tried to use the polygon setting to see if that would help but again the same error. I’ve attached an image to show my settings which I thought weren’t too strict but idk. 

C6495262-7877-4DEA-885A-0E264B7F242B.png

On 12/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Oh interesting, thanks for that information. If you come across any links do post them here as it'd be very helpful.

https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-fix-unable-to-join-party-3-issue-in-cold-war/

Found this link, none of the "fixes" they mention actually work 🙄 lol

Theres lots on google I just type 'cold war unable to join party (3)'

I'm going to stick to believing it's a game related issue rather than the duma as I can still join games with my geo filter on and the southern half of the UK selected and when I get the error i keep trying until i get a game if not then i restart my console then it works for a few games strangely.

One thing that is confusing I see people saying they get the error when trying to join friends but I play solo and still get the error when finding a match.