Geo filter and cold war

scoobypreza

Yes you can restart the search but if it doesn't connect in the first 3 attempts it will stop its not the r2 its cold war so have to turn geo filter off not sure if there is a work around for it as its the way cold war is programed by the looks of things 

• Administrators

Do you see anything blocked on the map with this message appears? If so could you provide us with the ID please? Also if you enable it does it allow you to get in games again? If so is it actually putting you on that server - i.e. is it a game server or could it be for authentication as in it needs to be whitelisted by us?

• Administrators

For anyone who is having this issue, what platform are you playing on? Is it specific to one platform or across platforms? 

When you get the error can you just research for a game - if so, I assume that if you block a server three times the error appears again? 

If you have to reboot the game does that mean you can block more than 3 times without error?

Any/all information you can provide to help us narrow it down would be great, thank you.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For anyone who is having this issue, what platform are you playing on? Is it specific to one platform or across platforms? 

When you get the error can you just research for a game - if so, I assume that if you block a server three times the error appears again? 

If you have to reboot the game does that mean you can block more than 3 times without error?

Any/all information you can provide to help us narrow it down would be great, thank you.

I think the problem is with cold war not the r2 because  the game tries to connect to severs outside the geo filter and the r2 is blocking them the game thinks there is a problem and gives the error I think its the way cold war deals with matchmaking  not sure there would be any work around for it 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, scoobypreza said:

No geo set to cover uk only and qos set before turning ps4 on and thats it 

Could you take us step by step through your settings and what you do when on the game etc, any changes you make as so far we've been unable to reproduce it. What console are you playing on?

Ps4 pro added to geo geo set to uk only 

Qos set from never to always all settings done before turning on the ps4 if I decide to make any changes I turn the ps4 off before I change any settings then power ps4 back on haven't had this issue before with the r1 or the r2 on any cod apart from cold war 

• Administrators
On 11/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, stenmars42 said:

I have this too.

Are you changing Geo-Filter settings when on the game? What platform are you playing on and who is your ISP?

3 minutes ago, Burger100 said:

Don't know just might be a coincidence it might help you with the issue knowing if its a certain ip.

Cheers, will keep it in mind!

@Netduma Fraser I think they mean when the game connects 3 times to a server outside of your radius (the ones u excluded in Geo-filter) then Black Ops Cold War will give u this error.

I will test it also in a bit and will confirm if it happens here as well.