smooth cold war

stenmars42

No offense to most of the people on this forum but although the Call of Duty servers can be trash, the most important variable amongst all of the Call of Duty complaints is the fact that most people are just BAD at the game. 

Streamers stream because they’re fundamentally good at the game. Having the “perfect connection” is only a sideshow to them. 

My point, people blame their gameplay on everything EXCEPT themselves. They’re finding ways to blame the DumaOs software, finding ways to lag out their connections, making all of these useless tweaks INSTEAD of the simplest fix...PRACTICE. I can find agreement with 90% of the complaints made on this forum but regardless, I can still wreck 90% of any lobby I’m in regardless if I have 60ms ping or 100+ms ping.

There is NO magical settings in any Router that will naturally improve your gameplay.

6 hours ago, Mossberg said:

No offense to most of the people on this forum but although the Call of Duty servers can be trash, the most important variable amongst all of the Call of Duty complaints is the fact that most people are just BAD at the game. 

Streamers stream because they’re fundamentally good at the game. Having the “perfect connection” is only a sideshow to them. 

My point, people blame their gameplay on everything EXCEPT themselves. They’re finding ways to blame the DumaOs software, finding ways to lag out their connections, making all of these useless tweaks INSTEAD of the simplest fix...PRACTICE. I can find agreement with 90% of the complaints made on this forum but regardless, I can still wreck 90% of any lobby I’m in regardless if I have 60ms ping or 100+ms ping.

There is NO magical settings in any Router that will naturally improve your gameplay.

When you turn a corner, see someone, shoot them, don't miss a shot with a gun that kills in that range in 4 shots yet you get 10+ hitmarkers and they STILL don't die...

Thats not you being potato... thats connection!

When you see someone, fire shot after shot into their chest at close range yet get hardly any hitmarkers if any...

Thats also not you being potato... thats connection!

You sound like that guy who used to post on here that had a 10000GB connection with Cat 73 cables and uses his tv to stable server tick rates and seemly never ever had a single problem with his connection to the game lol.

And besides... Swagg is a proven reverse booster, just like his stupid mate KS.

Again, I stated in my post that I “understand” most of the complaints that people are making but a lot of it could be managed if they were actually “better” players(which is never acknowledged). They are the ones looking too take advantage of a lag compensation tweak as opposed to going in practice mode and fixing their questionable gun skill. 

I have to keep referring to “streamers” because if you go on any of your favorite  streamers, you’ll see that they consistently play very well. What this forum will have you believe is that they are taking advantage of some magical connection, router or setup tweaks. No. That’s not the case(most of the time). I’m sure if this forum were to play on their personal setups they would be complaining about the same thing... “I see first, die first”, “people running out of my bullets” etc. 

I’m not trying to start some debate. I’m just a forum lurker who observes people looking for some imaginary holy grail setting that does NOT exist. 

My response was to the OP questioning how someone has “smooth gameplay” and “zero delay”. Swagg is a really GOOD Call of Duty Player, that’s it. He was also really good when he was a nobody with an average to below average connection and setup. The same with countless others.

2 hours ago, Mossberg said:

Again, I stated in my post that I “understand” most of the complaints that people are making but a lot of it could be managed if they were actually “better” players(which is never acknowledged). They are the ones looking too take advantage of a lag compensation tweak as opposed to going in practice mode and fixing their questionable gun skill. 

I have to keep referring to “streamers” because if you go on any of your favorite  streamers, you’ll see that they consistently play very well. What this forum will have you believe is that they are taking advantage of some magical connection, router or setup tweaks. No. That’s not the case(most of the time). I’m sure if this forum were to play on their personal setups they would be complaining about the same thing... “I see first, die first”, “people running out of my bullets” etc. 

I’m not trying to start some debate. I’m just a forum lurker who observes people looking for some imaginary holy grail setting that does NOT exist. 

My response was to the OP questioning how someone has “smooth gameplay” and “zero delay”. Swagg is a really GOOD Call of Duty Player, that’s it. He was also really good when he was a nobody with an average to below average connection and setup. The same with countless others.

What complaints are people making that can be managed if they were a better player? How does one improve their gun skill to land enough shots FIRST to get a kill when they are already doing that?? please explain..

I haven't had a single game that looks remotely close to the video posted in OP connection wise and I have fibre with 6ms ping. Every game feels like I'm a second behind playing in the past. I see an enemy running, shoot at them but start taking damage from them even though they are in a running animation looking like they are facing a different way and they kill me. I check my ping and its around 20ms... ok

Maybe due to the larger player pool in the USA there's a higher chance of everyone in the lobby having good internet resulting in a fair distribution of lag comp amongst everyone = good connection for everyone, fair gunfights etc. The issue in the EU is you have so many countries playing together so you get random high ping people connect messing around with the lag comp. The same thig happens here in Aus, not everyone has access to fibre and most people play casually via wifi so you get really random bullshit gunfights. It has nothing to do with skill. I maintain a career KD of 3+ in most cods and have played enough to know when I've been cheated out of a kill or whether I was outgunned. In the games current state most of my gunfight losses are due to factors out of my control (connection issues etc, not me missing my shots!)

Landing the first shot and hitting your follow up shots are all connected. If you can’t control recoil, when YOU THINK you’re hitting all of your shots, you’re actually missing which allows someone like me to turn on someone and still kill them. 

I’m not disputing that there are people with REALLY BAD CONNECTIONS and it actively works against you no matter how good of a player you are.

Dude, if you have a 3 k/d what are you responding to this thread for? I had over a 2.5 k/d in MP(when I did play) and have over a 4 k/d in Blackout and Warzone(which I actively play). My point is...disregarding my connection, I have a GOOD shot. I have waaaaaay more good games than bad ones as you should too.

TRUE STORY: A few years ago, a friend of mine kept referring to my connection being so much better than his and that he was “behind” when we played together(BR’s, Fighting Games, etc). Well, I went and visited him out of state (was actually visiting my family) and for shits and giggles, I played on his “behind” connection. Literally, it felt like I was playing on my connection. I was killing people as normal. At that point, HE realized it was his own skill that held him back, not his connection. I even thought I would play bad based on what he was saying about the connection. It simply was not true. Since then, I have NEVER heard him mention “connection” being an issue and he theoretically plays better because of it. 

I only say these things because I notice a lot of average to below average players use “bad connection” as a crutch. Based on the above story and how miraculously, I have moved several times since then, had difference ISP’s and I still play the same. I have shitty games like anyone else but finding the next great tweak or router hardware is not what I think about when that happens. 

This will personally be my last response to this topic because I’m trying to down anyone. There are legitimate issues with connections, servers, hardware, software etc but after all of those issues, MOST of the time, it’s likely the person is simply not as good as they THINK they should be. 

9 hours ago, Mossberg said:

Landing the first shot and hitting your follow up shots are all connected. If you can’t control recoil, when YOU THINK you’re hitting all of your shots, you’re actually missing which allows someone like me to turn on someone and still kill them. 

I’m not disputing that there are people with REALLY BAD CONNECTIONS and it actively works against you no matter how good of a player you are.

Dude, if you have a 3 k/d what are you responding to this thread for? I had over a 2.5 k/d in MP(when I did play) and have over a 4 k/d in Blackout and Warzone(which I actively play). My point is...disregarding my connection, I have a GOOD shot. I have waaaaaay more good games than bad ones as you should too.

TRUE STORY: A few years ago, a friend of mine kept referring to my connection being so much better than his and that he was “behind” when we played together(BR’s, Fighting Games, etc). Well, I went and visited him out of state (was actually visiting my family) and for shits and giggles, I played on his “behind” connection. Literally, it felt like I was playing on my connection. I was killing people as normal. At that point, HE realized it was his own skill that held him back, not his connection. I even thought I would play bad based on what he was saying about the connection. It simply was not true. Since then, I have NEVER heard him mention “connection” being an issue and he theoretically plays better because of it. 

I only say these things because I notice a lot of average to below average players use “bad connection” as a crutch. Based on the above story and how miraculously, I have moved several times since then, had difference ISP’s and I still play the same. I have shitty games like anyone else but finding the next great tweak or router hardware is not what I think about when that happens. 

This will personally be my last response to this topic because I’m trying to down anyone. There are legitimate issues with connections, servers, hardware, software etc but after all of those issues, MOST of the time, it’s likely the person is simply not as good as they THINK they should be. 

Dude you sound like an awesome player.... PM me your Activision name and we can get some games in together ;)

On 11/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, Satan1976 said:

What in this game footage is different to what you are experiencing? 

I have zero time to react being shot. His bullets register and I don´t know how to explain, but it seems that everything is slower compared to my experience. I have around 30-40 ping  in game and I´ve been playing cod since more than +10 years.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:24 PM, Mossberg said:

I understand, but I´ve been playing cod since +10 years and I´m pretty good at it when its working at least as half as good as for this guy above. I can easily recognize when everything is working fine or not. It is not normal to loose every gunfight because I´m behind 1 second all the time. WW2 was better, MW was worse, but this is really bad. I suspect that this is because the closest server to me is cca 900 miles away even if I have 30-40 ping in game. This is happening with cod only and its really annoying when you know that you are good at the game.

On 11/16/2020 at 1:01 AM, johnnytran said:

What complaints are people making that can be managed if they were a better player? How does one improve their gun skill to land enough shots FIRST to get a kill when they are already doing that?? please explain..

I haven't had a single game that looks remotely close to the video posted in OP connection wise and I have fibre with 6ms ping. Every game feels like I'm a second behind playing in the past. I see an enemy running, shoot at them but start taking damage from them even though they are in a running animation looking like they are facing a different way and they kill me. I check my ping and its around 20ms... ok

Maybe due to the larger player pool in the USA there's a higher chance of everyone in the lobby having good internet resulting in a fair distribution of lag comp amongst everyone = good connection for everyone, fair gunfights etc. The issue in the EU is you have so many countries playing together so you get random high ping people connect messing around with the lag comp. The same thig happens here in Aus, not everyone has access to fibre and most people play casually via wifi so you get really random bullshit gunfights. It has nothing to do with skill. I maintain a career KD of 3+ in most cods and have played enough to know when I've been cheated out of a kill or whether I was outgunned. In the games current state most of my gunfight losses are due to factors out of my control (connection issues etc, not me missing my shots!)

Exactly. I may have forgot to say that I´m playing in Europe, (eastern europe, which is the worst) and there are not enough servers here.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:23 PM, Mossberg said:

I know he is a good player, just like Korean and the others, but I can clearly see the difference in the gameplay, I´m not an idiot. I think the reason could be the distance to the servers. I´ve been playing from eastern europe and the closest server to me is in Germany around 900 miles away. Loosing every gunfight to delays is not normal. If you haven´t experienced issues like this the only reason you can think of is the skill. I´ve been playing quake 3 competitively and I´ve been good at it and back then the internet speeds were nowhere. Also, generally I think the internet quality in the US is better and there are a lot of players close to each other compared to where I live so the general experience is much better.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, Satan1976 said:

If you are running DumaOS, and you are getting 60ms ping, then I think you hay have a few settings that may need tweaking ;)

And if you are playing on a 60+ms ping, rather than the more common 10-20 in MP and 30ms in warzone, then 'Call of duty' is probably using its algorithm for lag compensation, by throttling the other users faster connections to compensate for your bad one. 

I'm sure you must be playing on a better connection than 60+ms....

Also, if you dominate 90% of all lobby's you get in, the games 'Skilled Based Match Making' is probably putting you into easier lobby's than it should be ;) 

I totally understand how people can complain about connection issues, when you have the servers dictating the speeds of the faster connected users over those that are slowing the server down. Its very obvious when this happens (in my experience). This has been covered in great depth on Youtube. For example how Tick rates work in MP compared to Warzone. The servers update 20 times a second in Warzone when compared to 60 times in MP, so you can clearly see why people experience the 'Super bullet' kills that drop you instantly in warzone. This is why the competitive 'money Games' community called for the tick rates to be increased on the servers that these players play on.

Any half decent FPS gamer can identify a discrepancy in the way the game performs. For me, its like night and day if there is a problem with the connection.  

Nicely written.

17 minutes ago, stenmars42 said:

Nicely written.

Thanks man. Its something that I have spend a lot of time and effort into researching over the past years.

And I totally agree with you when you explain how you are loosing easy gunfights. I know INSTANTLY when I meet a guy 1 on 1 if the server connection is worth playing out or not. I KNOW how fast my reaction times are, because of the years I have played shooters, (since the first ever Ghost Recon back in 2001, playing in the IGS League). So when I hit my left button to shoot, and the guy drops me before I can even see his gun go off, (sometimes even looking in a completely different direction to me) and I hit the deck before my gun even SHOOTS, I know that there is an issue. Years ago, this was a way of telling if there was a guy in game that was the host of the game, but now I am only allowing dedicated servers into my game, this should take that problem out of the equation. But it seems that there is clearly an algorithm within 'ALL' COD games, that seems to be giving people a clear unfair advantage online over others.

I have messaged streamers to find out what speeds and IPS's they use, but never get a response..... Its almost like they are promoting an amazing game FOR the developers, that are giving them an edge over other people. I know this sound insane, but I NEVER drop people as fast a I see other people doing it on Warzone. Its NOT my shooting skills, its just my game doesn't allow me to cause as much damage to other people, in the same time it takes the people I meet online to drop me. 

Kill-cams are obviously no way to judge this theory, because the server only sends you a rough idea of what actually happened. So its not like I am using that as my reason to justify the issues with the game. But when you pepper a guy in the FACE for almost half a full clip of an M4, and he drops you shooting at your shin area with a pistol. it clear that there is something amiss. 

Sad that online gaming has been put into this situation by one of the most popular game developers on the market :(

22 hours ago, Satan1976 said:

Thanks man. Its something that I have spend a lot of time and effort into researching over the past years.

And I totally agree with you when you explain how you are loosing easy gunfights. I know INSTANTLY when I meet a guy 1 on 1 if the server connection is worth playing out or not. I KNOW how fast my reaction times are, because of the years I have played shooters, (since the first ever Ghost Recon back in 2001, playing in the IGS League). So when I hit my left button to shoot, and the guy drops me before I can even see his gun go off, (sometimes even looking in a completely different direction to me) and I hit the deck before my gun even SHOOTS, I know that there is an issue. Years ago, this was a way of telling if there was a guy in game that was the host of the game, but now I am only allowing dedicated servers into my game, this should take that problem out of the equation. But it seems that there is clearly an algorithm within 'ALL' COD games, that seems to be giving people a clear unfair advantage online over others.

I have messaged streamers to find out what speeds and IPS's they use, but never get a response..... Its almost like they are promoting an amazing game FOR the developers, that are giving them an edge over other people. I know this sound insane, but I NEVER drop people as fast a I see other people doing it on Warzone. Its NOT my shooting skills, its just my game doesn't allow me to cause as much damage to other people, in the same time it takes the people I meet online to drop me. 

Kill-cams are obviously no way to judge this theory, because the server only sends you a rough idea of what actually happened. So its not like I am using that as my reason to justify the issues with the game. But when you pepper a guy in the FACE for almost half a full clip of an M4, and he drops you shooting at your shin area with a pistol. it clear that there is something amiss. 

Sad that online gaming has been put into this situation by one of the most popular game developers on the market :(

I´ve been playing shooter games since Quake 3, back then with those shitty internet speeds I never had any problem like this. If you were a good player you noobs didn´t have a chance until they get better. As you wrote, this is only for cod. I never had any problems like these with Battlefield, Apex was good as well, although there I could also notice if there were issues with connection or not. Apex also have SBMM if I´m correct, but its more subtle than in cod. I´ve been asking streamers as well about this, but I´ve never got any response either. I´ve asked smaller streamers where the connection seemed really nice, but never got any replies. I´m baffled that with millions of subscribers they don´t get questions like these and they don´t see stuff like these. Sometimes I´m thinking that its only my connection, but I´m not sure. One day, I´ve been playing Cold War for half a day, then quit after being too frustrated of the delays. The next day on the first match I was 24-0 and I clearly had an advantage over the others. It was just too unfair. People were shooting my back then I turned and melted them with 3 bullets. Its not that they were really bad players, but I haven´t lost a single gunfight even when they shot first from close range. I understand the concept of SBMM, but this solution to delay others so you have more time to react is bullshit. I don´t have any problems getting killed by more skilled players, but loosing every face to face gunfight regardless of close or long range is not normal.

I really wanted to enjoy cod games, but things like these are very frustrating. I thought that connecting to only servers would solve my problems, but thats not the case. To my closest server I have 20 ping. If I get fair deaths in a match I don´t care, but clearly loosing gunfights because of delays is infuriating.

COD multiplayer connection is getting worse and worse for me. Of course this way holding the hands for the noobs will get them more money. I understand that these youtubers will only upload good matches , but I don´t know if they have a smooth gameplay all the time or only when abusing the SBMM. Thats all I wanted to know nothing more.

Also, maybe I just shouldn´t compare my experience to those in the US, as there are a lot more players, more servers and better internet providers. I don´t want to prove to anyone how good I am or to argue wheter its my skill or not is the reason, because I can clearly see even from one gunfight how good the match will be, like you. I´m not sure if the majority of the cod gamers can notice these or even care, which is sad and thats why they can get away with this.

16 hours ago, slugg said:

Anybody that has never had to deal with bs inconsistent cod connections will never understand the struggle.

Of course not, because they don´t know what we are talking about. For those people the only factor is skill so they automatically assume that we are just only whining because we are bad players. if you know that your are a good player  and losing to some idiot just because of the connection or something else is very frustrating. If I would suck at every other fps game I wouldn´t say shit, but this happening in cod only for me at least.

On 11/15/2020 at 1:24 PM, Mossberg said:

I tend to agree with this lol ,  when I literally concentrate and as they say put my game face on i do quite well at Cold War .... if I chill and take it easy I’m toast which is what happens the majority of the time . BTW the concentration phase for me personally can not be sustained for long :)  then I go back to blaming  my connection 

11 hours ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

I tend to agree with this lol ,  when I literally concentrate and as they say put my game face on i do quite well at Cold War .... if I chill and take it easy I’m toast which is what happens the majority of the time . BTW the concentration phase for me personally can not be sustained for long :)  then I go back to blaming  my connection 

I always have my game face on ;) 

When a new COD is released, if you are not mentally trying to be in the Zone, then ‘you’re  crazy as hell’ haha