Allowed server outside of geo filter

Wayne1985

Hmm... That server in Poland is being allowed because it's been whitelisted on the cloud. Servers are whitelisted on the cloud if they are required for authentication, but if you believe that a server has been incorrectly whitelisted, please report it in the following form and i'll get it fixed for the next cloud update!

I'm not really sure what that means to be honest lol, this is all new to me and I thought that I should only be connecting to servers and players within my set range on the geo filter.

Also why would the server in the UK be blocked when it's in my range?

It's got the best ping when I check on ping heatmap and I haven't blocked or denied anything so I'm not sure why its blocked.

My gameplay has been a bit touch and go too sometimes the game feels great and others (like this evening) it is horrible my players movement seems bouncy or jittery if that makes sense.

I'm also having trouble getting the the ping heatmap to load when I log in to the R2 and I have to reboot the router to get it working.

And finally I've noticed that the R2 isn't using my ISP dns the primary is the R2s gateway ip and the secondary is 0.0.0.0

Thanks.

Just checked the ping heatmap for COD MW and its currently showing no servers in the UK could this be why my gameplay is choppy?

Not sure if I've got the R2 setup optimally with the geo filter or QoS as it still seems like I'm playing against players with way better connection than me. Doesn't seem much different from when I was just using my ISP router/Modem.

I've never played around with internet settings before buying the R2 other than changing my WiFi password.

I'm just not seeing the benefits atm to justify my purchase.

• Administrators
On 9/30/2020 at 5:40 PM, Wayne1985 said:

I'm not really sure what that means to be honest lol, this is all new to me and I thought that I should only be connecting to servers and players within my set range on the geo filter.

Also why would the server in the UK be blocked when it's in my range?

It's got the best ping when I check on ping heatmap and I haven't blocked or denied anything so I'm not sure why its blocked.

My gameplay has been a bit touch and go too sometimes the game feels great and others (like this evening) it is horrible my players movement seems bouncy or jittery if that makes sense.

I'm also having trouble getting the the ping heatmap to load when I log in to the R2 and I have to reboot the router to get it working.

And finally I've noticed that the R2 isn't using my ISP dns the primary is the R2s gateway ip and the secondary is 0.0.0.0

Thanks.

On 10/1/2020 at 1:58 PM, Wayne1985 said:

Just checked the ping heatmap for COD MW and its currently showing no servers in the UK could this be why my gameplay is choppy?

Not sure if I've got the R2 setup optimally with the geo filter or QoS as it still seems like I'm playing against players with way better connection than me. Doesn't seem much different from when I was just using my ISP router/Modem.

I've never played around with internet settings before buying the R2 other than changing my WiFi password.

I'm just not seeing the benefits atm to justify my purchase.

4 hours ago, Wayne1985 said:

This is my screenshot of ping heatmap for modern warfare it's not showing anything for the uk anymore?

Basically, it is a server required to keep you connected to Xbox Live, PSN etc so it must be allowed, we do this for you so that you don't block it by accident. It doesn't affect your game ping so you can ignore it. There is a zoom issue at the moment so some icons can appear slightly differently to where they are actually placed, that will be fixed for the next firmware. What is your Ping as shown by the Geo-Filter and what are your QoS settings? Is use upstream DNS ticked?

They could be down for example but there is some good ping servers in France.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Basically, it is a server required to keep you connected to Xbox Live, PSN etc so it must be allowed, we do this for you so that you don't block it by accident. It doesn't affect your game ping so you can ignore it. There is a zoom issue at the moment so some icons can appear slightly differently to where they are actually placed, that will be fixed for the next firmware. What is your Ping as shown by the Geo-Filter and what are your QoS settings? Is use upstream DNS ticked?

They could be down for example but there is some good ping servers in France.

My ping in Geo-Filter ranges from 13 up to 28.

Congestion Control is set on auto enable with 70% down and 70% up when I tried auto setup it put my down and up on 7%

Bandwidth allocation I've set 60 to gaming on download and 30 to gaming on upload

Upstream DNS is ticked

• Administrators

Okay that is a pretty good ping. I would suggest seeing if you can optimize the Ping Under Load results in Connection Benchmark by adjusting Congestion Control until you get to a percentage that lowers it as much as possible. Okay DNS is fine then.

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that is a pretty good ping. I would suggest seeing if you can optimize the Ping Under Load results in Connection Benchmark by adjusting Congestion Control until you get to a percentage that lowers it as much as possible. Okay DNS is fine then.

Ok thank you.

With the DNS I used to use cloudflare DNS but on the R2 I ticked override DNS and enter 1.0.0.1 1.1.1.1 but it doesn't change anything in the PS4 network settings?

Also should ipv6 be enabled or disabled? I've read mixed things about this and not really sure if it matters or not.

• Administrators

The PS4 will still use the router as the DNS as it has to go through the router first but then it will use Cloudflare. You can leave it as is, it won't make much difference to the connection quality.

On 10/3/2020 at 3:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The PS4 will still use the router as the DNS as it has to go through the router first but then it will use Cloudflare. You can leave it as is, it won't make much difference to the connection quality.

So leave IPv6 enabled?

I've been fine tuning congestion control over the weekend and managed to lower the ping as much as possible and hit registration in COD does seem better but the difference between the R2 and my superhub is minor.

So my guess is I rather already had a decent ping on the superhub or I've still not got the settings just right on the R2.

I have noticed that icons on the geo filter seem misaligned and players in my lobby never show up on the map and on ping heatmap I used to be able to click on a server in the south UK and it would expand into a cluster but it seems to of moved out of the UK and doesn't expand anymore.

My gameplay also still seems to suffer when my kids get home and go on their tablets youtube etc.

• Administrators

You can leave it enabled yes or disable it, doesn't matter much either way as it isn't being used anyway. What are your benchmark settings now and what QoS settings are being used?

You won't see other players icons as most games are server based so that is all you will see. It's probable there were mislocated servers in the UK and they have been moved accordingly.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can leave it enabled yes or disable it, doesn't matter much either way as it isn't being used anyway. What are your benchmark settings now and what QoS settings are being used?

You won't see other players icons as most games are server based so that is all you will see. It's probable there were mislocated servers in the UK and they have been moved accordingly.

My congestion control is set on 30% both up and down and QoS is currently evenly distributed between all devices.

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that the best setting you have found for Ping Under Load?

Yes ping under load is 19 - 20 ms can't seem to get it any lower. My ping in MW seems all over the place and hit registration is touch and go sometimes it seems like I've got the upper hand and win the gunfight others I'm nearly emptying my whole mag on a player for them to 'what seems like' just turn and one shot me with an assault rifle lol

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How does that ping compare to your base ping (2nd test on benchmark)? What ping are you getting as shown by the Geo-Filter and what are you getting as shown by the game?

This is my benchmark resultsBenchmark.thumb.jpg.4b036de61a03d02038b206016064ec1e.jpgmy ping in geo filter says 13 - 16ms atm

And in game its 30 - 40ms

• Administrators

Okay then you're literally getting the best ping possible as your ping to the server is basically the same as your base ping so you're very close to it. You can try forcing servers slightly further away and see if they give you a better experience.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay then you're literally getting the best ping possible as your ping to the server is basically the same as your base ping so you're very close to it. You can try forcing servers slightly further away and see if they give you a better experience.

You mean expand my geo filter or use polygon mode to highlight servers in other countries?

My Ping heatmap is misaligned so it's hard to see the proper locations looks like all the pinged locations have shifted to the right.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Wayne1985 said:

You mean expand my geo filter or use polygon mode to highlight servers in other countries?

My Ping heatmap is misaligned so it's hard to see the proper locations looks like all the pinged locations have shifted to the right.

Move the home location instead, otherwise still the possibility you get the same one again but yes. There should be enough in EU for you to try and force.

• 1 year later...

Hi, my default allowed server changed and now I can’t use filtering mode in the proper way anymore. I’m in the uae and before my default allowed server was somewhere in Europe, which is pretty close. I tried to recync the cloud and after that it changed to the USA. Now when I use filtering mode and select my aerea, which would give me around 20 ping, it says in game that I have 163 ping. Something changed it and I’m struggling to change it back. Can you help?

3 hours ago, Jaybigshake said:

Hi, my default allowed server changed and now I can’t use filtering mode in the proper way anymore. I’m in the uae and before my default allowed server was somewhere in Europe, which is pretty close. I tried to recync the cloud and after that it changed to the USA. Now when I use filtering mode and select my aerea, which would give me around 20 ping, it says in game that I have 163 ping. Something changed it and I’m struggling to change it back. Can you help?

Could you please create a new topic for you issue and we'll help you there?

Initially I'd just mention that the authentication server won't be affecting your game ping, so please include a screenshot of your current Geo-filter setup in your new topic.

On 10/6/2020 at 4:59 PM, Wayne1985 said:

I'd just start with a radius of 1000Km, use ping assist at 30 and try that to begin with, or just enough radius to get you to the nearest German server. All servers in this area should give you a good game performance, unless the servers are having problems. There is no real benefit to using just UK servers, particularly as you already have pretty good ping.

Edit: Have you actually added your device to the geofilter?