Connection benchmark test results

scoobypreza

8 hours ago, Snipingzom said:

What are you guy's internet speed and do you have fiber?

Fibre 100/40

7 hours ago, j.corona1999 said:

What settings do you guys have the R2 to get these ping results? The lowest I have gotten is around 25 ms.

When i do the connection benchmark, I have the QoS set to always. I haven't fiddled around too much with the settings, I started with the sliders at 70/70, noticed my ping was around what i usually get on speedtests but the upload under load was a little higher s i dropped that slider down bit by bit to get it close to the download ping.

End result 70/50 on the slider

7 hours ago, j.corona1999 said:

What settings do you guys have the R2 to get these ping results? The lowest I have gotten is around 25 ms.

there are lots of factors like what type of connection you have the quality of your connection speed/bandwidth has nothing to do with gaming performance its all about low ping and jitter you could have the highest bandwidth in the world if its not stable and consistent its performance for gaming will be terrible. Because every connection is different there is no set settings all you can do is use the tools the r2 has like the benchmark geo filter and lots of testing to find your best settings 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Topguns said:

@scoobypreza how did you read the benchmark on r2 you started at 90% and went all the way down till you found the lowest ping and jitter ?

Started at 100% and moved down at 5% at a time till I found a good baseline then tweaked it from there up and down by 1% at a time to find the sweet spot 

1 hour ago, Topguns said:

@scoobypreza how did you read the benchmark on r2 you started at 90% and went all the way down till you found the lowest ping and jitter ?

Just to give you an idea of what @scoobypreza were referring to. You could try to get your 'idle' ping as stable as possible.

Here's a takeaway of what I've done with stabilizing Apex Legends.

My bandwidth is 1Gigabit download and upload and look at the IDLE on the far right(seen in photo 1). You want to get that as stable as you possibly can

1G1G_100prct_EDIT.thumb.png.c898ea64126a51360ecfd629e266ec49.png

What I did was just reduce my "set bandwidth speeds" to 800mbps download and 10mbps upload and you can see that it stabilized a bit in the IDLE to the right.

930858949_netduma800_10mbps_EDIT.thumb.png.286c14b21e0c7bc613a4b6038252ef1a.png

Here's my ping with geo-filter

geofilter_apexLegends_saltLake.png.89f9098152fbe02bf3b9fdcb53309826.png

and here's my ping IN-GAME

EjsJExaUYAEUL6Y.thumb.jpg.d45668d555dad9a2e35137033bb1555b.jpg

10 minutes ago, Topguns said:

this is mine at 55% UP AND DOWN ON SLIDER 1173752718_r2pingtest.thumb.png.a8488990675a204bca8f45d8441ef5a0.png

Try to get your upload (underload) to be as close as possible to each other which is 20.86ms. So try to get your DL and UL to as close to that as possible. Basically you upload jitter (under load) is pretty high. Stable it.

Just a suggestion here. But, try unticking your upload "shared bandwidth"
This is what I'm currently doing right now with 100% on sliders with the bandwidth set to 870Download and 10Upload.

image.thumb.png.7921e0594c313840ca175c1de7a2e7ba.pngimage.thumb.png.e53bafb82479517cf30e0d12ea1dda55.png

This is mine, not sure how to optimize it. Im supposed to have a 1000 MB/s download and 100 MB/s upload, upload is fine but cant seem to break 650 mb/s download.

Currently have SET BANDWIDTH SPEEDS to 800 MB/s and Upload to 105 MB/s

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Avalon2099 said:

This is mine, not sure how to optimize it. Im supposed to have a 1000 MB/s download and 100 MB/s upload, upload is fine but cant seem to break 650 mb/s download.

Currently have SET BANDWIDTH SPEEDS to 800 MB/s and Upload to 105 MB/s

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

You need to lower Congestion Control as mentioned above. Also there is a known issue where Benchmark has trouble giving accurate speeds for those with really high bandwidth, this will be resolved in an update so you can ignore that.

On 10/6/2020 at 8:44 PM, TrayDay said:
On 10/6/2020 at 8:39 PM, Topguns said:

Try to get your upload (underload) to be as close as possible to each other which is 20.86ms. So try to get your DL and UL to as close to that as possible. Basically you upload jitter (under load) is pretty high. Stable it.

How exactly do you tweak that?

I can't seem to get my download and upload (ms) to match my idle. I've been all over the congestion control

2 hours ago, SendNukes said:

How exactly do you tweak that?

I can't seem to get my download and upload (ms) to match my idle. I've been all over the congestion control

What I normally do, I have two tabs open. One for QoS and the other for Connection bench mark. If I change QoS, I would personally change the Connection benchmark tab to Device Manager and then click back to Connection Bench mark to refresh the page. But you're more than welcome to refresh the page with either F5 or however you refresh your browser. Again, I used "Set Bandwidth Speeds" method. By, changing my overall bandwidth and not touching the sliders(leaving them at 100%) but I have "ALWAYS" ticked for the congestion controls.

This is just the method I used, personally. But you could also obtain this with the sliders (as everyone connection is different), but the 'set bandwidth speeds' method worked for me. As stated, my connection is 1gigabyte for both download and upload. But I dropped my overall speed to 860 mbps download and ALL the way to 10 mbps upload. If I used the sliders, it would be 86% for download and 1% for upload if I put my 'set bandwidth speeds' to 1000/1000. 

I would advise on working on stabilizing one at a time. For example, get the download to be stable for as straight of a line for " Ping Test (Under Load) " as possible then begin working on the upload second. But in my case as seen in the photos, my download wasn't the problem and only the upload, so focused was put there.