What does everyone do...

fuzzy clam

,,,for a living,aside from the duma crew.The reason i ask is the more i scroll thru the forums,the more it seems like there are a lot of people who do some form of networking for a living.The reason i say that is all the info and feedback on forum posts,so either that means we have a lot of people in that industry or you guys take your hobbies  very seriously,Both of which are really cool but i feel like i'm learning a foreign language here.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Well, even though I am on the Duma crew, I am also studying for a Computer Science degree at Uni. I'm still learning as well so I know what you mean, even some things on here seem alien to me but its definitely good to have such a mix of people which is why I think our community here is so great because everyone helps each other out regardless of their knowledge :)

Agree 100 % there are a ton of really smart people here,who are actually willing to help less knowledgeable people out.I'm new here but there doesn't seem to be any ego's on the forum ie no condescending answers in other words the threads don't turn into a penis swinging contest.Which we all know will ruin a forum.But without that it make's this place very user friendly and a great source of information.

I'm an elementary school special education teacher in NYC, but before I switched over to education I was a computer science major for two years. In those two years I learned a decent amount of information retained much of it, although that was ten years ago.

<sarcasm>I'm a steamboat captain.</sarcasm>

College: Bachelors degree in computer engineering and computer science from the university of louisville speed school.

Career: my title is currently senior developer, but I have 7 years of experience being team lead. Currently I work on what is referred to as platform solutions architect. Normally when people ask what I do I just say research and development because it is very complex.

When I'm not doing that I'm a professional tinkerer, building systems for fun. Fixing phones, computers, removing the glass from the digitizer in smart phones. Basically just opening things and then understanding them and putting them back together.

Hobbies: building microcontrollers, playing frolf, pen testing systems.

But I'm just a dude, I contribute to open source projects and stack overflow as I feel that giving back to the community is the only way to maintain it.

Make whiskey barrels for Jack Daniels.

That would be a great job to have.I kinda figured there were lots of people in networking here.I forgot my info...i'm a welder/fabricator who rebuilds airplanes (2 and 4 seater cess,beavs and lance air 4's).I'm also a pilot but don't get paid for that that's the bonus for building the planes since i own the business with my father in law.Only down side is sometimes you finish a plane and fly it,fall in love with it and then don't want to sell it.I have this problem everytime we finish a lance air

I live in Louisville Ky. They also build them in Alabama. And thanks for the love just remember me when I need tech advice lol.

I live in Louisville KY (Highlands) near Assumption

Archived