User Complaint Video (Youtube Gamer)

So this was just posted...... i am over the update and bug fix crap but i also cannot just let it be........ this gamer has promoted the product on his platform all the time....... i'm not sure what tipped the scales for him but i know how frustrating the lack of transparency can be. 

@Netduma Admin this is for your attention - alot of users are switching to other routers...... i personally have just tried to make the best of what i have (xr500) and set things up as best i could - my gameplay speaks for itself but i cannot not say anything and leave you guys to continue the way you are with no clear timelines on the upcoming updates.

Use this as constructive criticism!!! 

The xr500 have bugs and netduma know ( they tell us that new duma.3.0 will fix)that bugs.

The new update will come with new bugs, and if i want the older duma 2.0 , patch the older bugs  for a stable duma 2.0 

and work on the duma3.0..

Any users like me will give you a like 

There is just one functionality that sets this router apart from the rest and that is the Geofilter. These have been screwed up for the last week since update on MW. IMHO this needs to be sorted a lot faster than is happening now, my XR500 has been a expensive paperweight for the last week.

All this other stuff that will supposedly be in DumaOS 3.0 doesn't matter when the geofilter doesn't function. 

Yeah the geofilter is a tricky affair......i had to switch from ping assist to normal radius usage and it defntly does not give me the servers i prefer as opposed to when i use ping assist. 

I still feel like the situation can be fixed instantly.... but it kinda seems like support for issues have been thrown away........if we dont post questions and or possible solutions to help each other then everyone will be left in the dark. 

Support has to be alot more pro-active!! 

6 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Yeah the geofilter is a tricky affair......i had to switch from ping assist to normal radius usage and it defntly does not give me the servers i prefer as opposed to when i use ping assist. 

I still feel like the situation can be fixed instantly.... but it kinda seems like support for issues have been thrown away........if we dont post questions and or possible solutions to help each other then everyone will be left in the dark. 

Support has to be alot more pro-active!! 

I completely feel ya homie. Honestly I'm over the geofilter and all of the tweaking with the router. If they would've been more proactive with the updates and trying to remedy today's problems I would've stayed with duma. They aren't transparent never have been. I've done moved on. This forum is good though. I love you guys and appreciate everyone's help and opinions on things that has put me where I am today with my current setup! Honestly I'm much happier not staring at the stupid geo and my game play not reflecting anything positive. You guys probably spend more time tweaking stuff then you do playing the actual video game. Thats counter productive imo! Cheers

12 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

I completely feel ya homie. Honestly I'm over the geofilter and all of the tweaking with the router. If they would've been more proactive with the updates and trying to remedy today's problems I would've stayed with duma. They aren't transparent never have been. I've done moved on. This forum is good though. I love you guys and appreciate everyone's help and opinions on things that has put me where I am today with my current setup! Honestly I'm much happier not staring at the stupid geo and my game play not reflecting anything positive. You guys probably spend more time tweaking stuff then you do playing the actual video game. Thats counter productive imo! Cheers

The forum's main purpose right now is more for us to chat and share some ideas and strats that seem to work well on other routers, yet not helping the majority of users on the DumaOS routers, lol.........since i own this expensive piece of gear i made it a point for it not to be a 'white elephant' (piece of useless equipment).

1 minute ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

The forum's main purpose right now is more for us to chat and share some ideas and strats that seem to work well on other routers, yet not helping the majority of users on the DumaOS routers, lol.........since i own this expensive piece of gear i made it a point for it not to be a 'white elephant' (piece of useless equipment).

Yeah mine is just sitting on the ledge in my man cave gaming room. Probably just going to retain some of money that I spent on it! I bought the router that sable has asus ac88u. I set like 2 settings on that and never look at it again!

33 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

This forum is good though. I love you guys and appreciate everyone's help and opinions on things that has put me where I am today with my current setup! Honestly I'm much happier not staring at the stupid geo and my game play not reflecting anything positive. You guys probably spend more time tweaking stuff then you do playing the actual video game. Thats counter productive imo! Cheers

Exactly why I'm still here and not going anywhere. I was a total n00b with networking when I first came here 3 years ago (had a chance to do networking in college 20 years ago, wish I did it now) anyways,  I've learnt alot since. I look forward to learning more.

18 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Yeah mine is just sitting on the ledge in my man cave gaming room. Probably just going to retain some of money that I spent on it! I bought the router that sable has asus ac88u. I set like 2 settings on that and never look at it again!

I sold my XR500 last year, got most of my money back too.

29 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

To be honest I don't believe in all this settings stuff. I set mine to ABB 80% and set up QoS and that's it.

This morning I used my regular ISP router for an hour or so and it doesn't play any different over my XR500. The problem here in Asia is that the nearest server is Singapore 33ms, but if SBMM decides to ruin your day it will put you on Japan (107ms) or Sydney (150+ms) and that ruins your game. In EU or cross USA ping is much tighter so it's less of an issue. But to illustrate how annoying it is here, this morning for testing I played the Hardhat playlist and backed out of 8 different games on the Japan server before I finally got Singapore server.

The game can screw with you in too many ways for any setting to be effective IMHO. This all worked when you had player hosts etc but now with dedicated servers and active latency balancing etc it's a toss up. I can play on the same server as always and still tell within one minute when the game decides to give me a disadvantage or advantage.

I really think that we have one excellent device in our hands but it’s not work as should be. It like to have one Ferrari car without the wheels... doesn’t matter how strong is the car... without wheels I will stay on the same spot... I don’t wan’t to sell it and by another router because I believe that none of the routers is work good with CoD. The game is broken and this is a fact. Normally WE SHOULD NEVER trie to find the “best” settings for a game. For example... I have set my xr500 to play CoD. So when my son play Fortnite or some times when a play Fortnite for fun the game runs perfect!! And there is not priority, no geofilter NOTHING! The game is ok and doesn’t need to do anything!! My support on the NetDuma is to spend 300$ to buy this router. My support is to tell on my friends that my router is ok. Now I am waiting from NetDuma to support me and all the other guys. Give us a software that we can’t find it on The competition. Give us a solid strong software!