Lag vs Lag Compensation

2 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Same thing as the congestion control sliders on your XR500.

The "idea" is the same but nothing more than this......different algorithms,functions....and works much better.

9 minutes ago, Knomax said:

The "idea" is the same but nothing more than this......different algorithms,functions....and works much better.

Nice, you use this in the "Advanced Configuration"  Queuing disciplines-tab

33 minutes ago, Knomax said:

Yeah I know, I use OpenWRT too but its the equivalent of the Duma CC silders.

You could've explained it to him properly but he would've been confused as he doesn't know what OpenWRT is.

Yes you must start from the beggining.."what is openwrt".

I think this is what everyone especially gamers need...auto configuration.....a "must" function for Netduma to.

@N3CR0  You try it?

1 hour ago, Knomax said:

I think this is what everyone especially gamers need...auto configuration.....a "must" function for Netduma to.

@N3CR0  You try it?

I've had an OpenWRT router for over a year now. BOps4 and MW play much better on it than the Duma did.

4 hours ago, Knomax said:

Auto adjust settings in SQM....it closes SQM..then it makes a speedtest .... then it takes 95% of download and upload speeds and apply them in SQM.

And it runs every 40 minutes (my settings)....so every time you have best settings in SQM.

can you send me script-file, i will try on my openwrt

6 hours ago, Knomax said:

@N3CR0  You try it?

Ok , what open wrt is and how do I use it to my advantage? 😂

14 hours ago, WalkedDave said:

can you send me script-file, i will try on my openwrt

First install netperf package.....then you need betterspeedtest.sh  and autoSQM.sh  median.awk  which you download them from here.

betterspeedtest.sh autoSQM.sh  and median.awk you put them in /root/   and don't forget to make autoSQM.sh to run as a program with chmod +x autoSQM.sh  command.

Without configuration it takes 80% of your speed and runs 4 times a day.

2 hours ago, Knomax said:

First install netperf package.....then you need betterspeedtest.sh  and autoSQM.sh  median.awk  which you download them from here.

betterspeedtest.sh autoSQM.sh  and median.awk you put them in /root/   and don't forget to make autoSQM.sh to run as a program with chmod +x autoSQM.sh  command.

Without configuration it takes 80% of your speed and runs 4 times a day.

and you have goog results with this than te normal sqm cake

3 minutes ago, Knomax said:

I have every time the right speed settings in SQM...so yes perfect results.

I would love to use it. Really... but this makes no sense to me. I don’t understand it =\ Just used Netduma as resources for my connection 

4 minutes ago, Knomax said:

I have every time the right speed settings in SQM...so yes perfect results.

its need to copy ro \root\ or i can copy to These scripts can be saved in the /usr/lib/OpenWrtScripts directory like i see in the link you post

6 minutes ago, Knomax said:

copy to /root/

Knomax do you only use openwrt or combo with duma, i have playing with dscp but is to confuse and no always work now im with the basics sqm with cake peace of cake

and this:

2020-05-17.png

1 hour ago, Knomax said:

Only openwrt.....i have SQM with piece of cake  to.

and what type of connection you have. main is fiber ftth 200 down and 100 up vodafone Portugal may modem=ont is a Huawei HG8012H

One last question as I’m very lost here. When you say “playing with the sliders on qos” do you mean the bufferbloat that you set on upload and download or controlling the individual upload and download to the console I’m playing ? 

1 hour ago, WalkedDave said:

and what type of connection you have. main is fiber ftth 200 down and 100 up vodafone Portugal may modem=ont is a Huawei HG8012H

It has nothing to do with type of connection...my connection is dsl but works with all connections as openwrt work....if opewrt works well with your connection...then these scripts will work to.

3 hours ago, Knomax said:

It has nothing to do with type of connection...my connection is dsl but works with all connections as openwrt work....if opewrt works well with your connection...then these scripts will work to.

in the autoSQM.sh  file this is were i can set the %

#convert to Kbps & adjust to 80% speed
 downloadKbps=$(awk "BEGIN {download = $download; print download*1000*80/100}")
 uploadKbps=$(awk "BEGIN {upload = $upload; print upload*1000*80/100}")
 echo $downloadKbps
 echo $uploadKbps

7 hours ago, Knomax said:

Do I need another router to do this or does this work with XR500?

• 11 months later...

So I have noticed alot on Lag Compensation: Here is my thought... Gladly hear you guys out.

The game FAVOURS the average ping - Below = BAD ... High = BAD

Go onto Twitch - Watch all the streamers - Jukeyz, Lenun, WarsZ, Tommey etc etc etc and check out there ping. There PING is always 27-60ms ALWAYS, when you watch them there shooting people and killing with 4 bullets VS my whole clip.. and just so you know i am not a NOOB i have a 2.5 KD on WZ, which is that low because of my lag COMP.... 

I run at a 19ms ping, I believe this is what is causing my lag... I have VPN to a server that gives me 50ms ping and I SLAAAAAY!!! The only issue with VPN is that I have to be host etc. 

SO, we need a way to increase our ping. I think this fixes the issue. I have read LOADSSSS on ping, but cant find anyway to solve it. I found a programme to do it for me but it only gives a 30sec trial and works perfectly in WZ but obv 30sec isnt long enough to test it - It is then approx. £180 for the software which I am not prepared to pay for! 

I have tried THROTTLING my speeds, although it does FEEL like my bullets hit better - It doesn't feel as smooth. 

No body I have spoke to or forums have any idea how to increase ping, I have asked EVERYWHERE... I have tried using longer cables, different routers, cheaper routers... ISP router.. My ping is always sitting at 19ms on WZ  (8ms on Speedtest.net)

If we can figure a way to make our ping 30ms I believe this is the FIX

What are your thoughts??

I have tried this with a piece of software called Softperfect Connection Emulator or something.

Problem that it isn't constant because you have to adjust your latency to the average in the lobby. If you have a lot of high latency players in your lobby it will work if everybody else is low latency then it hurts you. If anything it's not a magic bullet, it just makes the game feel more fair as you have less wonky deaths.

For console users, it requires a PC with 2 network interfaces and running your connection through the PC. So obviously there is some setting up involved as well.

In the early days of CoD, before dedicated servers you had lag compensation. But nowadays something is added that is called active latency balancing. This means that the low latency players get an added latency penalty. This is why hitdetection is always crap on a dedicated server even though you are playing on 3ms ping. Also latency balancing can do a lot more things. Like for the higher ping player, the position of the other players is extrapolated forward, so the game guesses where the other player is in realtime. For the low ping players the same thing happens. This is why you get these wonky deaths since the futher apart the latency's in the lobby are the more guesswork is involved.