Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GHOST-1-EC

In game Bandwith

Recommended Posts

For longest time i've always noticed that i have my best games when my ingame bandwith is around the 2500-2800kbps range vs the normal 4100-4250kbps. 

Not sure why this happens (the reduction in bandwith) or what exactly happens when the bandwith drops to the lower figure but my bullet reg goes through the roof (in a very good way) and my movement feels extra fluid - like i am a touch ahead of everyone else. 

Now with the advanced qos rule/s the lower ingame bandwith is giving me even better gameplay. 

Has anyone ever experienced or noticed the same? 

And it goes for both BO4 and MW. 

Nothing in my settings change, its only the random ingame bandwith drop - if i relaunch the game and the bandwith goes back up to the 4000+kbps range the ingame effect is instantly different - now i dont struggle but i am also not finessing as much as i did with the lower ingame bandwith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I've never noticed any difference no matter what the 'test' says.

Kewl.... i uploaded BO4 gameplay in the other thread with the lower ingame bandwith. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never noticed a difference either.

 

It's actually your upload bandwidth it tests when you start the game, but it's capped to 4100ish.

 

If you throttle your connection to say 200kbit it should say 200000 or something (MW displays bytes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bert said:

I have never noticed a difference either.

 

It's actually your upload bandwidth it tests when you start the game, but it's capped to 4100ish.

 

If you throttle your connection to say 200kbit it should say 200000 or something (MW displays bytes)

Yeah it reads differently in MW 

Will see if i can try and keep it around the 2500-2800kbps mark with some upload throttling and see how it plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 1:48 PM, purpleandgold33 said:

 

 

4 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Yeah it reads differently in MW 

Will see if i can try and keep it around the 2500-2800kbps mark with some upload throttling and see how it plays. 

i Notice the lower the better also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Yeah it reads differently in MW

Will see if i can try and keep it around the 2500-2800kbps mark with some upload throttling and see how it plays.

Are you lowering it via bandwidth allocation? mine is current 10mb down and 2mb up but in game its 1672717kbps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SlingshotGamer said:

Are you lowering it via bandwidth allocation? mine is current 10mb down and 2mb up but in game its 1672717kbps

Doesn't seem to matter. Its a completely inaccurate test anyways. I have 10mb upload and sometimes it tells me I have 4, other times 2 even when I'm not throttling.

I spose you could throttle to get try and get 2500-2800 but no guarantee the game will give you that reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can recall @DMC_81 did this before and found his sweet spot in his findings. Given the route of traffic and various ISPs each user has.  As @N3CR0 stated, it doesn't seem to work for him. The sweet spot for everyone will be different. What works for you, the better. All that matters is you're having a good gaming session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

If you can recall @DMC_81 did this before and found his sweet spot in his findings. Given the route of traffic and various ISPs each user has.  As @N3CR0 stated, it doesn't seem to work for him. The sweet spot for everyone will be different. What works for you, the better. All that matters is you're having a good gaming session.

DMC also said you 100% needed Cat 8 cables too LOL. (I swear he sells the things coz thats what it was sounding like)

Anyways... DMC iirc stated that the higher that test showed, the better whereas Ghost is saying his 'sweet spot' if you like is alot lower.

For me, that test changes every time I restart the game and it doesn't matter what it says, it makes no difference whatsoever... for me anyways.

As they say, everyones connection is different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...