PS4 MW type moderate

joel82

Hello everyone,

for the longest time when playing MW on my PS4 I was getting open NAT in game but it suddenly changed to moderate? Is this normal? I reset my router, set port forwarding, DMZ with no luck. At the moment I have reset the router again. 

any tips highly appreciated. 

• Netduma Staff

This usually happens with in-game NAT - it can be caused by the Geo-Filter but we've found it to be a false reading most of the time. If you're able to connect easily to lobbies in MW, it's likely that your NAT is actually open but the NAT servers haven't been able to properly identify that fact.

Let me know if you're experiencing issues with joining games. NAT doesn't cause lag, it just severely limits your choice of server / restricts your ability to connect.

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

This usually happens with in-game NAT - it can be caused by the Geo-Filter but we've found it to be a false reading most of the time. If you're able to connect easily to lobbies in MW, it's likely that your NAT is actually open but the NAT servers haven't been able to properly identify that fact.

Let me know if you're experiencing issues with joining games. NAT doesn't cause lag, it just severely limits your choice of server / restricts your ability to connect.

My pc having open NAT acording to CoD MW, but my son's pc on the same network have moderate NAT acording to CoD MW. He having no problems connection or finding servers.

Should we just ignore it?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Crysister said:

My pc having open NAT acording to CoD MW, but my son's pc on the same network have moderate NAT acording to CoD MW. He having no problems connection or finding servers.

Should we just ignore it?

It can be difficult to get an Open NAT with multiple devices according to the CoD reading anyway, if there are no problems with connection or getting games then it's safe to say it is a misreading. You could try the above suggestion to see if it does change to open if that puts your mind at ease but I don't think it is necessary.

11 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

i can tell the difference. before i would find a match immediately after login in and and after each match it would be ready for a new match. Now it takes a few minutes to locate a lobby and after each match. not a big deal I suppose 

• 3 weeks later...