Please read if you're experiencing DumaOS not loading/login interface issues

• Administrators

*Update* We have identified the issue and we are working on an immediate fix. We will update this post with further information when it is safe to reupgrade back to .56. Thank you for your patience.

*Update 2* It is now safe to upgrade back to .56.

We have received multiple reports about these issues. I have reported this to our team as this seems to be affecting a few people today. While we investigate please try a factory reset first using the button at the back of the router and holding it down for 30 seconds then allowing 1-2 minutes for boot up before accessing. If that doesn't work please follow these instructions:

1. Go to http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm if that doesn't work please try your LAN IP instead with /adv_index.htm added to the end e.g. the default IP is 192.168.1.1 so would be 192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm
2. Administration -> Firmware Update
3. Download this firmware (two versions below .56*) http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.32.zip
4. Unpack the .zip file
5. Browse to Image file
6. Upload
7. Go back to Administration -> Firmware Update and disable Auto Upgrade until we can say this has been resolved.

If you receive any errors on the .32 firmware then you may need to clear the cache/cookies on your web browser, if that doesn't solve it then do a factory reset, that should ensure no legacy issues have carried over.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and will investigate this issue ASAP.

*This version lacks some security updates but this is unlikely to affect you as well as some features (e.g. Ping Assist, Device Manager Table View, Hybrid VPN & Advanced Ping Stats) from the .56 firmware.

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We have received multiple reports about these issues. I have reported this to our team as this seems to be affecting a few people today, please follow these instructions provided as a workaround while we investigate:

1. Go to http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm
2. Administration -> Firmware Update
3. Download one of these firmware versions (latest two versions before .56*) https://kb.netgear.com/000060464/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-40 or http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.32.zip
4. Unpack the .zip file
5. Browse to Image file
6. Upload
7. Go back to Administration -> Firmware Update and disable Auto Upgrade until we can say this has been resolved.

*These versions lack some security updates from the .56 firmware but this is unlikely to affect you.

Thanks will give it a go. 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, vewxi said:

do we all have to factory reset? Setting the internet up was a real struggle...

Try downgrading first then as that should work without resetting.

42 minutes ago, T-ken972 said:

Hello, my router keeps asking me to reset a password, so I can't follow the directions

Access via your LAN IP instead and add /adv_index.htm at the end, I've added this to my main post to reflect this.

34 minutes ago, anon_the_nine said:

Does the .32 version not have the Hybrid VPN function?

No it doesn't, thank you for the reminder, I've updated the main post to reflect this.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try downgrading first then as that should work without resetting.

Access via your LAN IP instead and add /adv_index.htm at the end, I've added this to my main post to reflect this.

No it doesn't, thank you for the reminder, I've updated the main post to reflect this.

Do you have a possible ETA on patch(eg hours, days, weeks)? However, if you are unable to provide it i understand this could take time.

Normally i wouldn't ask but i kind of need the Hybrid VPN functionality for some of my devices. Thanks

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, anon_the_nine said:

Do you have a possible ETA on patch(eg hours, days, weeks)? However, if you are unable to provide it i understand this could take time.

Normally i wouldn't ask but i kind of need the Hybrid VPN functionality for some of my devices. Thanks

This has happened this evening after our office hours have closed so the team will investigate tomorrow when they are back in the office so I couldn't say at this time.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Essayez d'abord de rétrograder, car cela devrait fonctionner sans réinitialiser.

Accédez via votre IP LAN à la place et ajoutez /adv_index.htm à la fin, je l'ai ajouté à mon message principal pour refléter cela.

Non, je vous remercie pour le rappel, j'ai mis à jour le message principal pour refléter cela.

I still have the same problem and after following the instructions in the photo, I cannot connect, I still have the password to configure

1530262287_DesktopScreenshot2019_12.17-19_22_29_97.thumb.png.732eabf66b3013697c57faf6142867f9.png

Is this anything that can be fixed without a factory reset?

If not this is terrible. Been a Netduma user for several years, but that's a deal and trust-breaker for me if I need to configure everything all over again as I just don't have time and patience for this these days anymore.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This has happened this evening after our office hours have closed so the team will investigate tomorrow when they are back in the office so I couldn't say at this time.

Understood please let us know once you have an update Thanks for letting us know

Just had this issue and did had to do a factory reset on the router, as wasn't aware of this post, but seems fine now.
I lost my old save and settings (included my MAC address I used), so created a new one at the same time.

What caused this issue?
After doing the reset I am still on V2.3.2.56 do I need to downgrade?, I have turned off the auto update.

1 minute ago, bberger said:

Is this anything that can be fixed without a factory reset?

If not this is terrible. Been a Netduma user for several years, but that's a deal and trust-breaker for me if I need to configure everything all over again as I just don't have time and patience for this these days anymore.

If you use this site http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm you should be able to go into Administrator then into Backup settings that way you'll have a backup to restore once they release a patch. i was unfortunate to not realise this before i did the factory reset so i can't confirm it works as exactly as intended but its worth a shot.

it's good, I forced it again and again then it worked. thank you so much

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Cela s'est produit ce soir après la fermeture de nos heures de bureau, donc l'équipe enquêtera demain quand ils seront de retour au bureau, donc je ne pourrais pas dire pour le moment.