EU server keeps getting pinged no matter my settings

d.o.c

I am located on the East coast (USA) & this server is the only one I keep connecting to/making matches through. The ping seems to flux between 20-35ms but the connections in the game are horrible.

And whenever the geo-filter map does not show any server, everyone in the lobby is clearly not speaking english (granted I know that every person located in the US might not speak english, but come on the entire lobby is a different language we can assume I'm being thrown in server lobbies not located in North America).

Is there anyway for you guys to black list this server, I try to deny it on my end but it keeps having a circle around it regardless.

ID: ccb9b580566b1d22

Domain Name: 185.34.107.128

Checked this multiple times and it is an Ireland server that my game keeps routing me through to make games on MDW.

Try placing a circle around the server you would like to join in the US. Select strict mode. Set Ping Assist to 30. Make sure filtering mode is selected as well.  Many time I am so excited about playing that I forget to select filtering. And report if you still get placed in those lobbies.  

Also if you are able to post the Server ID in this post the admins can determine if it is mislocated and what exactly is the purpose of the server. Thanks.

Either the backend config on the geo-filter is forcing my 'device' (computer) to connect to that Ireland server I posted above, or the game (activision servers) are forcing my IP no matter my configure on the geo-filter to go through Ireland.

It doesn't matter where I put my circle, or if I set it to strict or not with or without ping assist.. it still trys to force my IP to connect to that Ireland server. And yes I've 'flushed the cloud' & no it does not fix this.

The only fix is if I keep playing the same lobby eventually if I get lucky enough it switches me over to an actual US server at some point & then I end up seeing  all the US servers (not just my IP or blocked players).

• Administrators

That server is an authentication server and so is required for online play, if you or we were to block it then you wouldn't get any games at all. There must be a server in the US you're connecting to as that one won't be your game or having anything to do with connecting you to a game. Could you show us a screenshot of what is happening when you're not getting these servers?

I will screen shot today when I match making on PC solo (filtering on/off doesn't matter) -- which will show that Ireland server populating during match making then nothing else shows up while in the match itself (this process repeats itself)

Then when I match make with a friend on xbox (joining his lobby) with filtering off, that Ireland server never shows up.. so what does that Ireland server have to do with logging me into the game?

Because I have a list of Demonware servers that MW uses, and there are more closer to my location then Ireland to just log me into the game.. And I doubt they set up the Ireland server as the default login server that would be pretty poor modeling/handling of a user login server.

• Administrators

An authentication server will not always be active, just when it makes its checks which explains why it may not happen when connecting to a friend. The ping to that doesn't matter so it doesn't really matter where it is located (obviously somewhere with a good connection/routing). Likely chose Ireland because of the tax breaks (haha), undersea cable to the US and connectivity with Europe. We can confirm when we see the screenshot though.

Actually the location is Ireland because that is where Demonware has it's servers, along with a few other locations.

Demonware basicly handles the matchmaking for activision and other online shooters.

D.O.C is correct the server you connect to is located in ireland  but its for american players i think its just mislocated 

Because when i played a few hours on all of the american servers everyone  to test out my ping to them

I would always connect to the ireland server as well 

Ive played in russia  same thing i wss always connected to the ireland server as well as the russia dedi

Same with italy i was connected to ireland server as well 

Thats my experience with them no matter where i set my locatiion i always connect to two servers at the same time  the first is the countrys ddi and the second is the one in ireland  its either a data centre or an autothentacation 

I thought that the autothencation server pops up when you first put in the game even before you select multiplayer so your not even online yet and your connected to a server

You can check this out yourself put cd iin dont press anything when it gets to cod mw screen it says press x to start dont press any thing it should show you your connected to s aserver but your not even online yet

This ws on ps4  btw i cant remember if you could eer ping to it or not but atm i couldnt

I havent seen that in any cod before

I hope i made sence

On 11/14/2019 at 9:54 AM, kinel said:

D.O.C is correct the server you connect to is located in ireland  but its for american players i think its just mislocated 

Because when i played a few hours on all of the american servers everyone  to test out my ping to them

I would always connect to the ireland server as well 

Ive played in russia  same thing i wss always connected to the ireland server as well as the russia dedi

Same with italy i was connected to ireland server as well 

Thats my experience with them no matter where i set my locatiion i always connect to two servers at the same time  the first is the countrys ddi and the second is the one in ireland  its either a data centre or an autothentacation 

I thought that the autothencation server pops up when you first put in the game even before you select multiplayer so your not even online yet and your connected to a server

You can check this out yourself put cd iin dont press anything when it gets to cod mw screen it says press x to start dont press any thing it should show you your connected to s aserver but your not even online yet

This ws on ps4  btw i cant remember if you could eer ping to it or not but atm i couldnt

I havent seen that in any cod before

I hope i made sence

Yeah you're right, the authentication server is in Ireland. It's probably used to log you in and check your purchases and such. Your gameplay speeds won't be affected by it because it's not used for anything except authentication.