Duma OS 3.0 Feed Bar on website

Potentially a good idea, although these things are hard to estimate. Also we've learned the hard way before that making promises about deadlines and such can lead to disappointment down the line...

My best guess based on what i'm seeing in the office right now is maybe 40% complete but that's just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I used to use a burndown chart when i was managing my software development team. I'd always have a deadline and and actual projected finish date based on velocity of work completed vs work remaining. This way i knew if i needed to add more resources to the team in order to make the deadline. 

I've noticed a recurring theme with netduma, the excitement gets the better of you guys, you over promise a deadline and under deliver constantly for the last 4 years i've been using your routers.

We're getting much better at that kind of thing now. We have strict internal deadlines and we have a whole team working to meet them.

We haven't shared these deadlines with the public because, as ever, unexpected roadblocks could always occur. For example, a fatal bug.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, acoop133 said:

Do you have a public Jira board so we can see whats in the works? and how far along your progress is.

No we don't have that unfortunately, at least not at the moment. I couldn't say whether that's something we'd do or not.

On 12/6/2019 at 5:16 PM, acoop133 said:

Do you have a public Jira board so we can see whats in the works? and how far along your progress is.

Well it's certainly something we have considered. Problem is, we don't like to make promises about what's around the corner, as then any delay can lead to disappointment.

I'd think of it like this: most routers hardly receive any updates aside from security fixes. We'll be adding loads of brand new features for free. I don't feel we're currently under a huge obligation to give minute to minute updates on progress. All i'll say is that we're making great progress, things are coming along really nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to just change subject a lil but i was kinda curious on if their were a way to find out some of the possible future features in 3.0

I also have some suggestions if they haven't already been covered, such as mac filtering and whether my current router "xr300" will maybe not get the update

• Netduma Staff
On 12/21/2019 at 6:39 AM, TimothyYoung said:

sorry to just change subject a lil but i was kinda curious on if their were a way to find out some of the possible future features in 3.0

I also have some suggestions if they haven't already been covered, such as mac filtering and whether my current router "xr300" will maybe not get the update

Currently it's under wraps. All I can really disclose is that it's the biggest update in Netduma history, and bigger than DumaOS itself.

If you've got any feedback for us or there's something specific you'd like to see, I'd recommend posting it in the 'Feedback & Suggestions' section. We keep track of anything requested in there, and we're looking to make it happen :)