Mobel

I cannot connect to the closest dedi server

When i boot up Bo4 i see for a short moment the servers around me, there appears 1 in the Netherlands EU (the country where I live) everytime i boot up but I never get connected to it.

I get always connected to the the servers in France, Germany or United Kingdom.

So my in-game connection meter always be around 35-55 ms ping but I remember a few months ago I got sometimes in games thrown where I had around 15ms ping in the game connection meter.

I have added a few of them on the allow list and looked the ip's up they are in the Netherlands and are dedicated servers, see picture.

I will add some pictures later when i am home.

Can somebody please give the right steps of how to use the geo-filter with Ps4 and Bo4 when to boot-up the game, when to apply changes in DumaOs geo- filter menu and which settings can you change while u have the game already running and in the lobby.

And are the geo-filter settings also working without logging in your DumaOs interface ?

I am a new user of DumaOs just have it a week.

20191012_223933.jpg

It's possible that the server you see on start up is just used for authentication and not for actually playing the game. It could also be possible that the server was just full every time you played.

The game should be fully restarted every time you change Geo-Filter settings. This is because the game figures out what servers it can talk to while it starts up.

DumaOS doesn't need to be open for it's settings to take effect. Once you've got the settings as you like them, you can close DumaOS and it will keep applying your settings until you turn them off. In Geo-Filter, you can turn them off by switching to Spectating mode.

No it is a dedicated servers i managed yesterday to play a few games on it with 9-12 ms ping and in-game 18-20 ms.

The authentication server is in Ireland.

Also the gameplay was different I get quite a lot times on the French (Paris), Germany (Frankfurt) or UK (London) dedi servers games and ping is between 17-25 ms but most of the time the in game connection meter shows between 35-50 ms and then I have a bad game (bad hit detection, players running through shots without getting a hitmarker or instantly dead when I just engage the enemy player) 

But sometimes I get 17-25 ms ping and the in-game connection meter shows a ping around 25-30 ms then i always have a decent fair game.

It looks like a small increase in ping but it feels like a totally different match when it is like that.

I have found around 9 different ones on the same spot and looked them up all dedicated servers in Amsterdam NL while 2 where appearing as a peer but they are vultr also.

Also want to mention i tried to force the server to keep the geo circle only on The Netherlands (radius 250km) but i didn't get the Amsterdam servers i live in the same city btw, but when I put my geo radius over whole Europe and covering a small piece of Russia and North-Africa radius 2000km and PA on 50ms I got the server in my city Amsterdam NL 

Yes really weird I tried that a few times for like an half hour each time.

After that i was playing for like 4 hours with geo radius on 800km from Amsterdam my home location so I have my circle covered on the France, UK, Germany and Dutch dedicated servers didn't get once the servers in my home location.

After that a friend of Italy and 1 of southern France joined me so I decided to make the geo radius bigger around 1800-2000 km so it will cover whole europe to possible play servers from Italy and Spain also (to come across a team of friends that where playing at the moment) with Ping Assist on 50ms, then i played a few times on different Amsterdam servers.

Also should I put QOS off i play wired with 500mb download and 50mb upload speeds and have only the laptop connected with wi-fi when i am playing almost all of the time, have the sliders on 70/70 now for anti-bb.