I cannot connect to the closest dedi server

Mobel

When i boot up Bo4 i see for a short moment the servers around me, there appears 1 in the Netherlands EU (the country where I live) everytime i boot up but I never get connected to it.

I get always connected to the the servers in France, Germany or United Kingdom.

So my in-game connection meter always be around 35-55 ms ping but I remember a few months ago I got sometimes in games thrown where I had around 15ms ping in the game connection meter.

I have added a few of them on the allow list and looked the ip's up they are in the Netherlands and are dedicated servers, see picture.

I will add some pictures later when i am home.

Can somebody please give the right steps of how to use the geo-filter with Ps4 and Bo4 when to boot-up the game, when to apply changes in DumaOs geo- filter menu and which settings can you change while u have the game already running and in the lobby.

And are the geo-filter settings also working without logging in your DumaOs interface ?

I am a new user of DumaOs just have it a week.

20191012_223933.jpg

It's possible that the server you see on start up is just used for authentication and not for actually playing the game. It could also be possible that the server was just full every time you played.

The game should be fully restarted every time you change Geo-Filter settings. This is because the game figures out what servers it can talk to while it starts up.

DumaOS doesn't need to be open for it's settings to take effect. Once you've got the settings as you like them, you can close DumaOS and it will keep applying your settings until you turn them off. In Geo-Filter, you can turn them off by switching to Spectating mode.

No it is a dedicated servers i managed yesterday to play a few games on it with 9-12 ms ping and in-game 18-20 ms.

The authentication server is in Ireland.

Also the gameplay was different I get quite a lot times on the French (Paris), Germany (Frankfurt) or UK (London) dedi servers games and ping is between 17-25 ms but most of the time the in game connection meter shows between 35-50 ms and then I have a bad game (bad hit detection, players running through shots without getting a hitmarker or instantly dead when I just engage the enemy player) 

But sometimes I get 17-25 ms ping and the in-game connection meter shows a ping around 25-30 ms then i always have a decent fair game.

It looks like a small increase in ping but it feels like a totally different match when it is like that.

I have found around 9 different ones on the same spot and looked them up all dedicated servers in Amsterdam NL while 2 where appearing as a peer but they are vultr also.

Also want to mention i tried to force the server to keep the geo circle only on The Netherlands (radius 250km) but i didn't get the Amsterdam servers i live in the same city btw, but when I put my geo radius over whole Europe and covering a small piece of Russia and North-Africa radius 2000km and PA on 50ms I got the server in my city Amsterdam NL 

Yes really weird I tried that a few times for like an half hour each time.

After that i was playing for like 4 hours with geo radius on 800km from Amsterdam my home location so I have my circle covered on the France, UK, Germany and Dutch dedicated servers didn't get once the servers in my home location.

After that a friend of Italy and 1 of southern France joined me so I decided to make the geo radius bigger around 1800-2000 km so it will cover whole europe to possible play servers from Italy and Spain also (to come across a team of friends that where playing at the moment) with Ping Assist on 50ms, then i played a few times on different Amsterdam servers.

Also should I put QOS off i play wired with 500mb download and 50mb upload speeds and have only the laptop connected with wi-fi when i am playing almost all of the time, have the sliders on 70/70 now for anti-bb.

It sounds like you might not necessarily need anti-bufferbloat if your connection is that good. The idea behind anti-bufferbloat is that if everybody in the house is trying to stream video at once, their bandwidth will be limited so that there's enough for everybody. If there's no bandwidth being used, you might not need anti-bb... Then again, it won't hurt your gameplay to have it turned on. The only thing it might effect is the speed of system updates and patches. Also if you were streaming to Twitch i'd probably turn it off.

I found a way to connect to the closest servers have to set my radius around 600km (then it covers 4 dedi's around me like I mentioned before) strict mode enabled, ping assist 15 ms enabled, but when I put my radius on 250km i can't force to get the closest server.

Actually looked up some servers 1 datacenter is 1 kilometer away from my house 4 different ones of them are within 5 kilometres, that's why my ping on those is between 8-11 ms even on one like 50 km away get also 11 ms.

• Administrators

It could be the case that when the radius is too small and that particular server is under heavy load they will restrict how many games/players can use it, so I think your method is good to cover a few and then you'll always get a low ping game.

Try this

1. Place geo location on top of server of choice smallest radius(69)

2. Boot game with filtering mode on

3.once you see all servers being blocked and your at the main multiplayer menu

expanded the radius between 600-1000 miles

4. Search for a game

Let me know if you have any luck

Yes i will try that in a few hours when i am online, i will let u know what happens.

And what about the other settings for Ping Assist and strict mode ?

Thank you for the help.

6 hours ago, progprogprog said:

Try this

1. Place geo location on top of server of choice smallest radius(69)

2. Boot game with filtering mode on

3.once you see all servers being blocked and your at the main multiplayer menu

expanded the radius between 600-1000 miles

4. Search for a game

Let me know if you have any luck

This worked for me, got thrown whole time in servers in my country 8-11 ms ping.

Thank you very much & Big thumbs up 👍👍

Your setup is pretty similar to mine. 

I never had issues with forcing Amsterdam in The Netherlands, but it's a while since I have been there (playerbase shrunk a lot since then) I typically leave the Geofilter covering London, Amsterdam and Frankfurt. AMS gives me 8-10ms ping, while London and Frankfurt are around 13-15ms. For some odd reason, Paris always seems to underperform for me, I get 25ms ping to that but it feels like a lot more. 

There is 2 serverclouds in Amsterdam though, the Internap one and the Choopa one. Internap always gives me crappy performance as one of the routers in between (Owned by Congentco) gives ping spikes. The other one, Choopa usually plays fine.

I do always feel that the game plays crappy for me around prime time, but when I play after midnight it's great on the AMS server. ISP is Ziggo 250/25. I have Anti-BB set to  70/70 but I don't really feel it makes a difference. That is with PS4, PC connected hard wired and phone online through wifi, and QoS set up manually to cover CoD's port range. XR500 router and Ziggo Cisco EC3928 modem in bridge mode. Especially on the modem, make sure it's bridged or if it's not, make sure that this wifi sharing business is disabled as otherwise your neighbors or whoever can use your bandwidth for stuff. I blame Ziggo for shit performance but not a whole lot can be done about it in my case. 

Before the XR500 I used a R1 and it generally read 9-11ms ping to AMS. Not a whole lot in it but the XR500 seems a little faster, giving 8-10ms.

I found like 5 different servers in Amsterdam and the Netherlands, Onavo, Vultr, Choopa, Internap and I came across a few others from the Netherlands.

And what are the best settings for opening ports upnp, dmz, or enable the ports manually ?and how to set it up in the right way.

Also Ziggo 500/50 with Connectbox modem in bridge mode.

Ams NL servers ping around 10 ms, UK 15-18, Germany 15-20, France around 20.

On R1 I normally just used UPNP.

On XR500 that seems to work a little less, even with UPNP on I get moderate NAT. But if you manually forward port 3074 UDP to your console it gives open NAT.

For QoS, adding PS4 with Playstation Network or whatever the setting is called will work as it works on ports 1024-65535 UDP. You can add it manually as well for CoD, in that case you need to put your PS4 in QoS and add UDP Source 3074:3074 and Destination 1024:65535. It does the same thing though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
15 hours ago, ItsMrWes said:

I don’t get it, I’m in Long Beach, California and somehow it’s always showing Vultr and Choopa as what I’m connecting too even though my radius is set to 500 miles

Not sure I understand, they are the servers they use mostly. Are they outside your radius? If they have a solid white circle around them then they are whitelisted and are required for authentication, they're not actually the game server.