Scuf controllers

bagsta69

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd buy a Battle Beaver but the import tax is ££££$$$$.

I recently bought a new pickguard for my guitar which had to be imported from the USA and the import charges were neatly half of what I paid for the item!

Scuf have a UK retail outlet now so for now, it's the cheaper option.

I had same issue but i had spoken to bbc team and they sad that i schould not pay any tax.

Thats probably worng. If they shipped it as a commercial smaple that would be possible. But it probably went on sale so will had to pay that tax.

I think the phrase is "fookin love it" tried 3 games against bots then went public and medals coming out of my ass. Using the finger I give the bird with instead of ring finger as it just feels better for me.

Fingers crossed it holds together. It seems sturdy enough but we will see.

So far a big thumbs up. Will be writing a review on me blog in a few days time when ive had a few more hours with it.

will be writing up a review of my first 6 months ish living with my R1 soon. :)

So far I love this thing, not taking long to get to grips with it at all, quality feel and the last game just seemed to gel with the whole jump in the air whilst aiming and drop a few mofo's.

As i said above ill put up a full review in a few days time, love the matt finish and grips.

After reading this and finding out the DS4 works on PS3, theoretically a Scuf PS4 controller should work on a PS3 (for the games listed) too?!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/227012-list-ps3-games-compatible-dualshock-4-a.html

I've been using my PS4 controller to play BO2 on my PS3. No problems.

Just that there's no button emulating the PS button on the PS4 controller.

So I just use the PS3 controller for the PS button and then connect my PS4 controller via bluetooth to my PS3 and away I go!

I loved mine until last week my menu button died of all the under used things to go, and they only do a 90 day warranty, [Tirade of swear words/]

I fix controllers for shits and giggles normally it is the joysticks that go bad...

let me know if you want this replaced via PM or Email

its always my L3 button that goes bad from sprinting too much... pain to fix too.

:) i'll have to take a picture of my workbench (when there isn't a laptop taken apart or cellphone...) 

one thing i've learned is that with the right tools all the jobs get easier

its always my L3 button that goes bad from sprinting too much... pain to fix too.

My Battle Beaver L3 button has started to carve into the top of the 'thumb stick hole' on the controller from sprinting too much.

It gives movement on the left stick a very uneven feel. It's a shame because those domed thumb sticks are a massive improvement on the stock ones.

Maybe if they made them out of a softer material on the stick shaft part (that sounded rude), then maybe they'd last longer.

:) i'll have to take a picture of my workbench (when there isn't a laptop taken apart or cellphone...)

one thing i've learned is that with the right tools all the jobs get easier

I'd 've curious to see. I'm about to get my stuff set up again since I started this new hobby of multicopters... Been soldering a lot with how much I crash and break them.

@ abc does that mean you could fix my scuf as the left sticks (PS3 and PS4) are completely jammed forward  ?

yup, it actually is the sticks themselves...so when you get it back it would have 2 new joysticks (including poll resistors).

You can easily replace the sticks themselves... I switch those out constantly. Switching out the actual joystick, especially the left one in a 360 controller is a pain.

The sticks were replacements! I installed the Battle Beaver domed ones into my stock controller.

It's not the sticks that have worn away - the sticks have worn the plastic away on the controller so now the sticks dig in and get stuck when you move it around!

If it gets any worse then I'll have to buy a new front cover for the controller.

@ lukasz damn bro I'm jealous as hell that looks sweet.Please keep us updated on how it compares to your scuf as that's what I have now and am very intrested in the BB.But I'm really hard on controllers (sticks) so am curious how the sticks go for you but also curious about the buttons and how they work.

Got Mr Dillingers input on the BB,so would like your's also before I get one,looks sick

due give me a week and a bit more will do a proper reviev with viedos. 

Just got like 1 h of game and frist thing that stands out for me is those smart trigers. 

Now the sticks i got are aluminiu so i dont think i can break them and belive me i am capable of breaking.

the buttons on the back hm... i wish i could chose slightly lower location but prefere them over paddels already

the buttons on the back hm... i wish i could choose slightly lower location but prefer them over paddles already

Not going to help you now Lukasz, but for people who are thinking about ordering, you can place the bottom buttons where lukasz (and I) have ours, or you can slide them slightly up or down on the back of the controller.

My Scuf arrived today.

Loving it so far apart from the fact that some of the paint is already chipping off it around the thumbstick areas and there's roughly a 1mm gap between the shell casing in the headphone input area. Bearing in mind I've had 3 hours or so playtime with it so far.

Obviously these do not effect the way the controller works but it's still annoying.

10/10 for practicality

2/10 for quality of finish

Archived