Scuf controllers

bagsta69

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its very interesting what you say buddy....

Its very interesting what you say buddy....

I speak the truth my friend.  

Modding has always been FUN and something to share.  I share my info with everyone, Only reason I joined here was to share those PS4 boards I found for modding.

Turning it into a mulimillion dollar business, yea ok.. sure I can see that if you have something special.

Certain rapid fire chips that have a boat load of macros are cool and unique, not everyone can make a chip like that.

But there are a ton of people who buy the same chip and all sell modded controllers - that irks me.

But a company like evil controllers who makes their own chip which is unique - I give them respect for that. 

If they just did shells and colors I would call them another opportunistic company looking to cash in, but at least they have a unique product. 

As for remapping and trigger stops and such. All such simple things to do.  This is why I am glad I learned to do it myself and I am glad I can pass what I learned on to others.

A .10 cent tact button is nothing special to be charging so much money for. Know what I charge my friends to do their work. $40 even.

That comes down to about $3 in parts for Xbox one or $18 in parts for PS4 and about 1 hour of my time.  I charge them $40 regardless of the controller.

I had a few people from another forum mail me their controller (because they refused to try it themself)  - I charged them $45 ($5 extra for return shipping).  I think an hour of my time, my parts and tools that is so fair. I use the cash to buy beer and amiibos for my kids.. LOL

Know what scuf charges $77!!  FOr just 2 remaps..  The price goes up if you add more.

That purple controller I did above for my buddy yesterday.  I charged him $0 cause he is my buddy, but still if he was a local who wanted it done I would have done the button remaps, standard trigger stops, led light change and other things all for the same price. To change a .10 cent LED scuf charged $10!!  I changed the led in about 2 minutes.  It took longer to unscrew the board and flip it over to remove then it did to replace the LED.

There are so many things that make modding easy these days. From youtube videos (where I learned alot about how to do things on the newer controllers) to the guy who sells the boards to make PS4 controllers easy to remap. To cool programmable chips (so you can make your own SCUF EMR) for cheap.  To China sellers for shells and buttons.  That Hydrodipped shill I bought for that XB1 controller a few post back with the 4 metal paddles cost me $20 shipped and I had it in a week.

There is so much we can all do on our own.

well i have al the tools that i need at my work place as we are manufatures of wireles brodcast equipment so i so soldering on pcb boards as well as cable soldering etc. 

i have 2 spare ps4 ctnr will try some thing like that just for funn to learn something new.

if you could send me some useful links would be nice via pm .

well i have al the tools that i need at my work place as we are manufatures of wireles brodcast equipment so i so soldering on pcb boards as well as cable soldering etc. 

i have 2 spare ps4 ctnr will try some thing like that just for funn to learn something new.

if you could send me some useful links would be nice via pm .

I posted everything publicly.. All the parts and links you need are posted in my other posts.  

If you need any help post it publicly - I will be glad to help you in the forums that way other people can benefit from our conversation.

There is always someone who has the same question in the future, keep it all here and I will be glad to share all my info with you.

sure i am not saying will do it tomorrow i have copule project i am working on so until i finish that i have no time. but will be back on it as soon a can.

sure i am not saying will do it tomorrow i have copule project i am working on so until i finish that i have no time. but will be back on it as soon a can.

Take your time.. I am always around.. I check in all the forum I am on every day.  Even if it is a few months from now. I will get a notification if someone quotes me.

Order has been shipped with tracking code but they failed to tell me who the carrier is so I cannot track it. lol

I was speaking to one of them their youths yesterday, my nieces boyfriend to be precise. He said it took him about 3 weeks to get used to his scuf, looks like them there bots are going to get a good hiding whilst I crouch a lot.

Anybody know if the remapped buttons still work, as in if I have had x and O remapped to the levers on the back do the buttons still work as well?

I can't say with 100% certainty, as mine aren't the "remappable" type, but all the buttons work WITH the levers or buttons. It isn't one or the other.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

I can't say with 100% certainty, as mine aren't the "remappable" type, but all the buttons work WITH the levers or buttons. It isn't one or the other.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

That's good to hear as 8 years of mashing X and O is going to take a while to get out of my aging muscle memory. lol

You know, I thought the same thing, but it kind of seemed more natural after just a few games for one lever (left = jump). I was bunny hopping and pre jumping ladders in no time. The RH lever (panic melee) took time to get proficient at though.

I have mine set slightly different, I have RH lever for crouch/prone. I have panic knifing on R3 push stick down to a fine art, lol

I have mine set up similar.

R1 Shoot

L1 ADS

R2 Jump

L2 Prone

R3 Melee

X Grenade (I never equip any)

O Exo Ability (I rarely use one)

It's pretty much a poor man's Scuff!

Cheers bud, gonna go for a siesta because I'm old then going to set up a few games against some bots before going online later tonight. See if I can get the hang of em.

I must say I had the rumble left in as I like em a bit heavier, just like my women. lol. And the item does have a quality feel to it with the grips and matt finish.

My Kontrol freak clipped straight on no problem too.

Let me know how you get on with it bagsta.

Deciding whether I've been well behaved enough to buy one.

I'll also have to think of a slick excuse to the Mrs. on why I've bought yet another thing for my PS4!

I'll also have to think of a slick excuse to the Mrs. on why I've bought yet another thing for my PS4!

Don't tell her... Just get them and hope she never notices

Well I hope she washes that overcoat and uses air freshener when she's been smoking the cigars

Just one more thing...

In all honesty though, I have the will power of a p***head in a curry house.

I've just ordered a controller.

If you don't hear off me in a week... CALL FOR HELP!

Just one more thing...

In all honesty though, I have the will power of a p***head in a curry house.

I've just ordered a controller.

If you don't hear off me in a week... CALL FOR HELP!

dude we are literary floating same boat.

Will let you know, My mrs can't really complain as i stopped smoking and stopped crashing motorbikes thus saving around £8000.00 a year.

Keep us updated as I'm gonna have to get another controller AGAIN.I've only had the new scuf for 10 days and the left stick is completely jammed forward again.I guess if you don't mind constantly moving forward it wouldn't be an issue but I do find it a pain in the ass to aim whilst it's doing it's thing.So no more scuf's for me 10 f**king days and it's shot.

Already talked to Mr Dillinger about his beaver (that sounds messed up) and that's the way I think I'm gonna go.But they don't have aluminum turned sticks for PS4 in domed,which is what I prefer.So until I make up my mind it's back to the stock PS4 controller... :angry:

Archived