Dedicated Servers

Albo2001

If you are playing on Aw then the game runs prety much on dedis only.

By allowing us to block dedis they would allow us to brake the game expirence for us. The worse case scenario you would not get a game at all. In aw you have to play on dedis.

If you dont like some dedi you can exlude him from your geo range amd set your ping assist to 0 with strict mode on.

Remember also to wait 2 min befor you search for a new game after you eclude that dedi.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the reply Crossy , but , could be possible??

Yeah, I think it could be possible. I might be wrong, but I think in the very first version it was possible and then it was removed for the reasons above.

For example : I live in Italy and my geo filter is set to exclude dedicated server with strict mode , search for the lobby , and after 2 min i deactivate geofilter. At 90 % i foud a game p2p , and for the 60% i m the host ! Sorry for my language ! I think a selected way could be great..

Yeah, I think it could be possible. I might be wrong, but I think in the very first version it was possible and then it was removed for the reasons above.

It was possible in the very first version of the FW, when I got my DUMA at release I accidentally blocked a dedi and couldn't get any games. Iain & I then spent the best part of 2 days on skype trying to figure out what was going on before realising that I had blocked a server.

• Administrators

I don t understand , i m playing only p2p , why don t you found a lobby??

It can be to do with your location why you may be getting more P2P games than others but a majority of the time the game will try to put you on dedis which is why we can't block them as it could ruin your experience as pollutionblues described.

It would be a support nightmare for the Duma crew.  As described by pollutionblues, it took the lead Dev 2 days to find the issue in his case, imagine that scaled up x50 or x100.  

You can move your Home location on the map, and experiment with Geo-filter radius to ignore dedi's   :)

Edit:

more info Here

That's interesting Murdoch, are you sure of those? I'm in Wisconsin and I never see any dedi except for the Seattle area one. Why wouldn't I see the Chicago one and connect to that? I can only get a game through the Seattle one it seems.

I'm gonna double check my firmware update when I get home...I have a feeling that I might be running .3 version instead of the latest .4 version. If so, maybe that will help.

Make sure you have Bleeding edge cloud enabled from the Miscellaneous menu also.  Doing so ensures you have the very latest Cloud info which is updated weekly.

If you're not on the latest update, it can be found Here

And Just a qucik info about those dedis its ussually a farm of dedicated servers located in this same area so its not just one server. 

If you wanna connect to different dedis and you know those i ST then exclude the ST dedis form your Geo and keep Strict on, Remeber also to wait 2 min after you paly those changes to search and after you do thatstart searching for  A  game.

You may have to wait a lot loner to get A GAMe  but as soon as you start playing nad here is important thing not when you get to a looby but when you actually start playing. And see what host you are plaing on if it doesent have to update option then i got a dedi.

BUT FRIST make sure you have 1.03.4 and what Dirty Dog have sad.

Archived