To filter or not to filter that is the question

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the update, that's good to hear. Sometimes things can get a little messed up somehow, hopefully it stays that way. Keep us posted!

Update #2

So I figured since the geofilter disconnect problem seemed to be fixed after I did another factory reset I thought I'd give ping assist another try.  Set myself out in the ocean and put my ping at a reasonable level.  I don't want to jinx myself but it's been 6 straight great games.  Hopefully it keeps up.

seems to disconnect every time the log says this

applying qos for zone lan

applying qos for zone wan

one wan, Thursday, August 01, 2019 16:35:06 zone wan, Thursday, August 01, 2019 16:35:06

• Administrators

I don't think that will be it as its a QoS entry and you've already confirmed that with QoS completely disabled that it still happens. There isn't really anything else I can recommend as I think its such an odd issue that requires testing on our side/a look from the devs.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think that will be it as its a QoS entry and you've already confirmed that with QoS completely disabled that it still happens. There isn't really anything else I can recommend as I think its such an odd issue that requires testing on our side/a look from the devs.

Well that was before the factory reset.  Ever since i did the reset ive had qos enabled.  I can run more tests tonight with it disabled 

32 minutes ago, Dmaune said:

Fyi I've had qos disabled all night

My connection was hanging on certain devices when I had traffic prioritisation enabled. Once I disabled it, my devices never lost connection.

Don't know if you've tried that.

6 hours ago, Dmaune said:

I have both the xr500 and my mr1100 set to use as dhcp server.  Does that matter?

That should be fine, if you were to set the XR500 as an access point it would lose most of its functionality. Not sure if the Geo-Filter would still work, I would imagine not.

9 hours ago, Dmaune said:

I have both the xr500 and my mr1100 set to use as dhcp server.  Does that matter?

Well, usually that's not the best practice, if you are on the same LAN. (192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1)
Different if both router manage a different portion of the LAN - you did not tell.
(my routers are on: 192.168.1.1 for NET - XR500 10.0.0.1 and DHCP for LAN - R6400 10.0.0.3 no DHCP as extender.

Decide what is the DHCP router, then disable DHCP on the other.

I would not be surprised if your game connection "lose its path" in the router's  confusion.

Alain

PS: I know about frustration 😞

Hmmm

6 hours ago, HOLGATES HERE said:

My connection was hanging on certain devices when I had traffic prioritisation enabled. Once I disabled it, my devices never lost connection.

Don't know if you've tried that.

Will geofilter still work?

and no I haven't tried that.  Only turned qos off but traffic has always been enabled.

17 minutes ago, AlainCh2 said:

Well, usually that's not the best practice, if you are on the same LAN. (192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1)
Different if both router manage a different portion of the LAN - you did not tell.
(my routers are on: 192.168.1.1 for NET - XR500 10.0.0.1 and DHCP for LAN - R6400 10.0.0.3 no DHCP as extender.

Decide what is the DHCP router, then disable DHCP on the other.

I would not be surprised if your game connection "lose its path" in the router's  confusion.

Alain

PS: I know about frustration 😞

Thanks for the help but well... you're speaking a different language lol.  I have the MR1100 serving the XR500 alone, then the XR500 serving all devices in the house.  

so I turned the ps4 off all night then started playing again this morning.  Everything was working great until I got the following in the log

skipped spike rtt: 281.811 last rtt

got that 3 times then it connected again.  It was a different number each time.

2 hours ago, Dmaune said:

Thanks for the help but well... you're speaking a different language lol.  I have the MR1100 serving the XR500 alone, then the XR500 serving all devices in the house.  

MR1100  = No need for DHCP (equivalent for my NET router. - suppose y.y.y.1)

XR500 = Static IP y.y.y.2  - set gateway to MR1100 y.y.y.1
THEN
whatever LAN IP you are using make the XR500 x.x.x.1 - 
- set DHCP range (in XR500)     - x.x.x. 100-200.

Hopefully I'm clear enough, otherwise PM or mail I set you up

Alain

1 minute ago, AlainCh2 said:

MR1100  = No need for DHCP (equivalent for my NET router. - suppose y.y.y.1)

XR500 = Static IP (whatever LAN IP you are using make the XR500 x.x.x.1 - and set gateway to MR1100 y.y.y.1)
Set DHCP range (in XR500)     - x.x.x. 100-200.

Hopefully I'm clear enough, otherwise PM or mail I set you up

Alain

thanks a lot!  I'll check it out.