To filter or not to filter that is the question

• Administrators

For the PS4 it would just be to turn it off completely every time and not use rest mode. Unsure if this would affect it but I would give the PS4 a static IP in the router LAN settings and then reboot the router. If it continues after that then turn QoS off completely in the Anti-BB menu. The above suggestion is also a good one.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For the PS4 it would just be to turn it off completely every time and not use rest mode. Unsure if this would affect it but I would give the PS4 a static IP in the router LAN settings and then reboot the router. If it continues after that then turn QoS off completely in the Anti-BB menu. The above suggestion is also a good one.

I always turn mine off and never use rest mode anyway. 

What IP should I give it?  

I was having the same issue with QoS disabled last night.  

18 minutes ago, Bmann said:

Is your NTP time setting on the router showing the correct time zone.  From the factory settings I was 4 time zones away and this cause me similar issues when playing Destiny but never was certain this was root cause.

Not sure where I check that but I can tell by the times on the log it doesn't have me in my time zone. 

Just set my time zone correctly*

• Administrators

You could just give it the exact same IP it has now and then reboot the console. There is nothing in the logs that points to the issue, only a DHCP lease in the last one which is why I'm advising a static IP. See if that with the correct time zone helps at all.

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Enter the static IP in the router not on the PS4. That's super strange behaviour, I think I'll have to ask the team to test this one as I can't imagine any settings would cause this.

I do that from the LAN settings screen?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the information, I've no idea why this would happen, I assume this doesn't happen with other games?

I assume that to be the case as well.  Don't really have a way to test that.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Dmaune said:

I assume that to be the case as well.  Don't really have a way to test that.

Do you not have any other online games at all that you can try? If you don't have any paid games Apex Legends is free (and fun!). You don't have to do it as we'll test anyway but it would be helpful.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you not have any other online games at all that you can try? If you don't have any paid games Apex Legends is free (and fun!). You don't have to do it as we'll test anyway but it would be helpful.

I'll test it tonight.  Forgot that I downloaded Apex for this reason alone. 

30 minutes ago, Bmann said:

U have Upnp enabled I am guessing and u see the port mappings? do u have IPv6 disabled?

Yes and yes.  I might just factory reset tonight and start from scratch.  Maybe there's some setting I changed at some point and it's messing everything up.  Who knows.  

Just a little update.  I did a factory reset today and SO FAR I haven't experienced a disconnect when searching for games or while I'm in the middle of a match.  I'll do some more testing today and keep you updated.  Funny thing is I'm on the same firmware and using the exact same settings as before.  Weird.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Dmaune said:

Just a little update.  I did a factory reset today and SO FAR I haven't experienced a disconnect when searching for games or while I'm in the middle of a match.  I'll do some more testing today and keep you updated.  Funny thing is I'm on the same firmware and using the exact same settings as before.  Weird.

Thanks for the update, that's good to hear. Sometimes things can get a little messed up somehow, hopefully it stays that way. Keep us posted!