Hey guys.

First off I've been trying to use the search feature about this but the posts I looked at were vague in the answers or went off topic.

I've been using the XR500 for around a year now with a 70 down 20 up connection, QoS set to 65% down 70% up.

Aside from the usual CoD server issues I've not had much problem until last month. I went online like I normally would and my connection was horrible, it was spiking (1 second in game stutters) every 5-10 seconds but when looking at my ping it was always a steady connection of 25-35 depending on the server.

This eventually stopped happening and after a few nights of cursing my ISP I figured out it was everytime the wife was upstairs watching Netflix on the Firestick, thing she has almost always done this since CoD WWII and it never done this before in this game or the previous.

I've tried the following:

Increasing the xbox prioritisation to 80% and Firestick to 10% - no change

Rebooting all devices including the modem - no change

I don't really want to go down the route of turning off connection share and have to manually set values for every device in the house if I can help it.

The xbox is wired and the Firestick is wireless, the router is setup to use the same SSID on both 2.4G and 5G and as I type this I wonder if splitting it and connecting the firestick to the 2.4 would do anything.

Any ideas are welcome, I've included a picture of the network monitor but it's not really that informative.

QkelDqK.jpg

It's interesting because even though the Fire Stick network usage is higher than the rest, it still shouldn't be overly taxing for a 70Mbps connection.

My first suggestion would have been Wi-Fi interference but since you're using ethernet on the Xbox, it shouldn't be a problem.

I wonder if the Fire Stick is being incorrectly prioritized? Try this:

• Go to QoS > Traffic Prioritization
  • Disable the DumaOS Classified Games service
  • Press ADD DEVICE, choose your console
  • Under Basic, select Games Console

Now see if the problem still occurs.

No progress, I set it to Always, put the QoS to 70/70 and put the firestick on with Netflix running. No change.
I then put the QoS to 60/60. No Change.

I then turned the Netflix off and back to perfect again.

I've made a couple of gifs to show the differences.

http://imgur.com/a/HF6bCV3

Is EVERY device in your home connected to the router or are there some connected to the ISP hub? If so please connect everything to the router and put your ISP hub in modem mode or put the router WAN IP in its DMZ and disable the ISP hub WiFi. Also please disable IPv6 then try again.

Every device is connected to the XR500, I didn't want to use BTs Home Hub so I've been using an Openreach modem.

I disabled IPV6 but had the same issue.

I decided to factory reset the router and all I put in was the port forwarding for CoD and set the QoS to 70/70, no geo Filter or anything else. Same issue.

Alex is right, the amount of bandwidth it is using shouldn't be affecting you much. What I would suggest is that you saturate your connection as much as possible, use the Firestick also and gradually keep changing the Anti-BB percentages while following this guide and see if you can get it at a stable level: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-diagnose-modem-internet-service-provider-issues/

You mentioned BT also, are you using PPPoE on the XR500?

I am indeed using PPPoE with Connection Always On, it was all pre-filled in by the setup of the router with just the input of the BT username and password.

I've just done a quick test before leaving for work and went to an extreme level of adjusting the QoS to 30/30 and instead of getting 100+ spikes it was spiking to about 58 which is getting better I guess. I'll have a read of the guide tomorrow and run some more thorough testing.

It could be to do with PPPoE but keep investigating. You could also go above 70%, going down might not necessarily be the way to go, I would go in intervals of 10 then 5 once you find a % that is promising.

Ok so I think i've got somewhere. I ran Ping Plotter from 100% and went down in 5% increments, it was actually quite surprising that, for example, 65% could be okish but 60% be terrible and then 50% be ok again.

So i've attached the results for those intrested, 20% up and 20% down was the sweet spot.

I suppose that last thing to test is tomorow when I go to play CoD i'll set the QoS to " When High Priority Traffic Detected" rather than "Always" and see how it goes, i'll just have to set it to "Never" when the Xbox gets any downloads.

Ping Plotter Tests.jpg