Geo-Filter Server Location Improvements

Please fill in the form below to help us improve the Geo-Filter Cloud database ('Cloud'). The most likely reason for this is to let us know of a server we have in the wrong location, but this form can also now be used to report servers we are showing as peers, or servers that we need to permanently whitelist as you cannot play the game when they are blocked. 

To get the server ID, copy it from the Ping panel when you are pinging it on the Geo-Filter Map

Black Ops 4 PS4, 991f33febc387f84, Should be in the Middle East UAE. As of last week, I rarely find games under 100ms. 

Here are some other server IDs that I would connect to for good ping: 

991fce99bc387f84

991fab76bc387f84

991f703bbc387f84

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:46 AM, Bozo said:

Make this a feature on the router itself so we can report straight from DumaOS. I think this way you would get a lot more data to strengthen the Geo-Filter.

Even better if DumoOS could just figure this out automatically. Verify the real location of all dumaos instances by triangulating ping for servers with known locations, then verify location of other unknown servers from ping to users with verified location. Accuracy of location for servers will improve over time as more and more dumaos instances triangulate the location. i.e. You can determine that I'm near London because my ping to known servers in London is about 20ms, then any server that is labelled as US but has a ping of 20ms is obviously in the UK not US.

• Administrators

That would be fantastic yes, ultimately I think we'd like to make it as automatic as possible in the future but for now we're focusing on other aspects of the router. We have made great improvements to the cloud already!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
7 hours ago, Albo2001 said:

A lot of Italian dedis are mislocated , 855ecc and c26ecc placed in north america and 855 aren t registered as dedis.. (Black ops 4)

Have you used the form to submit these?

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Does the Geo-Filter stop working when you attempt to look up that address? Does it crash with any other addresses or games?

another server on apex that breaks ID 9482a36e1f33ced3

21 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Right so you mean the Geo-Filter stops responding to input? How do you bring it back from this state?

no I get a error saying r app can't load I just close the box

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When pinging the server that causes it does it happen both when auto ping is enabled and when disabled and pinging manually?

pinging manually

• Netduma Admin changed the title to Geo-Filter Server Location Improvements
  • Netduma Liam unfeatured and unpinned this topic