Your ISP Speed input

25 minutes ago, LegendMask said:

Yup my speed is 1.5gbps

aka 1500mbps is = to 1.5gig speed

it would be highly appreciated if we are able to input it in the next update

That is some very impressive speeds right there!! lol.. You will need this option then.. Because if your stuck at 1000 and cant go any higher using the 1000 limit in your case likely will harm your connection/quality.. Do you even need QoS in your case??

Zippy.

@Zippy from the looks of it I definitely need it 😁

However, it is the advertised speed and actually Im just getting around 1.3gbps.

But having the option to enter it, would simplify the percentage and settings on Qos.

8 minutes ago, LegendMask said:

However, it is the advertised speed and actually Im just getting around 1.3gbps.

But having the option to enter it, would simplify the percentage and settings on Qos.

That's some amazing speeds though! Wish I had that problem lol.. :D  Are you on cable? Fiber?

Thanks! 

Zippy.

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, LegendMask said:

Dude, they're some insane speeds. No doubt in 10 years it'll be the standard. You're living in the future :D

We'll see about adding it, but I believe we set 1000 as the max since you should really just disable QoS. If you like having it on then fair enough, but it won't be doing a whole lot since all the problems it's trying to solve won't exist. Your speeds are so high you should never encounter congestion!

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

Dude, they're some insane speeds. No doubt in 10 years it'll be the standard. You're living in the future :D

We'll see about adding it, but I believe we set 1000 as the max since you should really just disable QoS. If you like having it on then fair enough, but it won't be doing a whole lot since all the problems it's trying to solve won't exist. Your speeds are so high you should never encounter congestion!

Thanks buddy... I was lucky I moved into a new neighborhood so everything was built new.

However, the sad part (I know its not supposed to) is even at those speeds congestion is still real 🤣 and I assume as well hardware plays a factor in this.

And using Qos helps a lot in this matter

7 hours ago, LegendMask said:

well I'm gonna take back what I said, and put it this way.

with Qos set to minimize my speed or adjust it to lower than %100, results in a much better bufferbloat, and jitter spikes are way less.

the question is, what is your upload? 

On 3/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, LegendMask said:

Its 1.5gbps as well

Dangggg, well you have to remember something. One thing my teacher in networking always has said “you’re only as fast as your slowest piece of hardware”. This means that if you don’t have a device or cabling etc of handling that sort of throughput, then you’re obviously going to bottleneck. The only way to avoid doing so is QOS (but you’re cutting back your speeds and wasting money unless you’re getting a hell of a deal), otherwise you’re speeds are so fast that shouldn’t even be a reality. I don’t think even the combination of all your devices could possibly bottleneck your network in speed, however this isn’t to say that your gaming packets are prioritized by any means. In theory you shouldn’t have buffer bloat, but if that buffer size isn’t big enough or the processor speeds can’t handle that data quick enough, well then your SOL dude. You can’t sinply invest in speed and not invest in the rest. I can’t remember if you said you had the R1 but you’d be better off ditching it for something like the XR500 or even the XR700 (probably the best bet). Otherwise you’re probably going to need a series of devices to create your perfect connection and a lot of network observation to perfect that accross each device you use im sure. I’m not sure if the throughput of the other two devices but it seems like using inferior hardware is causing the issue

@bbursley I totally agree with you, and obviously Netduma R1 (which Im using it right now) lacks the ability to manage such speed and Im aware of it before I even purchase it the first time about two years ago.

I'm actually planning to get XR500 (the reason I bought a used Netduma R1 now) its to try DumaOS. Additionally Im only gonna be plugging my gaming console and PC to it, the rest of the devices at home are connected directly to my ISP modem/router, so speed are not top priority on my console.

PS: I indeed do have a hell of a deal, way cheaper than what I used to pay for 150mpbs

8 hours ago, LegendMask said:

@bbursley I totally agree with you, and obviously Netduma R1 (which Im using it right now) lacks the ability to manage such speed and Im aware of it before I even purchase it the first time about two years ago.

I'm actually planning to get XR500 (the reason I bought a used Netduma R1 now) its to try DumaOS. Additionally Im only gonna be plugging my gaming console and PC to it, the rest of the devices at home are connected directly to my ISP modem/router, so speed are not top priority on my console.

PS: I indeed do have a hell of a deal, way cheaper than what I used to pay for 150mpbs

What’s your ping plotter look like? What kind of hosts do you connect to? Yeah I pay 45$ a month right now for spectrums 100mb/s downalod and 10 upload. It’s twice the old speed before they bought time warner and less than the old price (only by a margin), but hey can’t complain about it for sure. I’d defInitely go with the one that’s going to provide the most throughout for your speeds, especially if you’re planning to stick with it. Still quite amazing though. Yet most of the world has yet to even see speeds of half that as a basic plan 😂