***June 2019 - I Upgraded my XR500 to a XR700 | The result is the same on the WAN Port I get a Disconnected from LAN on my PS4 Pro***

I recently purchased a Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 to see if it can handle my new internet gigabit speed because my old Netduma R1 was not able to go above 230mbit/s with QoS and 500mbit/s without QoS. The good news, I can reach the gigabit speed with or without QoS but I still get a Disconnected from LAN while I'm playing Street Fighter V Arcade Edition on my PS4 Pro.

My XR500 is on the firmware V2.3.240 and I continue to get the same issue that I started a topic for the Disconnected from LAN on the Netduma R1with DumaOS Development Milestone 1.3:

forum.netduma.com/topic/27085-disconnected-from-lan/

Could you please have a look on the log file to see if this could be the same issue that occur in the DumaOS Development Milestone 1.3?

Thank you,

Note: I still use the same setting configuration that I had on my R1 for the XR500.

log-1549989723123.txt

Street Fighter V it's the only game I play online on my PS4 Pro console and I have this issue. I can't tell for other games because I don't have another online game to test on PS4. The rest of my fighting games are on Steam.

Every time I get kick out from the game server, I lose League Points. If this happens 3 times disconnected from LAN within 2 hours, I am automatically banned for 24hours as well a deduction of 1000 League Points.

The only way to play Street Figther V without any problems is to reinstall a non-DumaOS router and by doing this my XR500 will become not useful like my R1.

I hope the team have found something to fix this issue...

• Administrators

Is your gaming device in the Geo-Filter? If so, is it in Spectating Mode or Filtering Mode?

Have you also tried factory resetting the router at any point? 

If you connect your gaming device wirelessly, do you still have this issue?

Yes my gaming device is in the Geo-Filter. I also tried without any devices but I get the same issue.

My PS4 Pro console is set to Spectating Mode because the Filtering Mode can't see the P2P Server inside the distance set with the profile selector Unreal Engine from the Geo-Filter Map. I can use the Filtering mode but then I have to set the distance above 4000km so the P2P Server can be covered inside the Geo-Filter Radar.

Yes I did a factory reset when I downgrade/upgrade the firmware because after the installation of firmware I had no internet connection or when the disconnect from LAN on the PS4 Pro goes crazy and I can't get back my internet.

For the wireless, I will give it a try this weekend and I will let you know the result.

I've been testing my gaming device wirelessly and surprisingly I have no disconnection between the PS4 Pro and the XR500. But when I set my PS4 Pro back with Ethernet cable, I have a disconnected from LAN.

• Administrators
On 2/15/2019 at 6:33 PM, Donovan said:

My PS4 Pro console is set to Spectating Mode because the Filtering Mode can't see the P2P Server inside the distance set with the profile selector Unreal Engine from the Geo-Filter Map. I can use the Filtering mode but then I have to set the distance above 4000km so the P2P Server can be covered inside the Geo-Filter Radar.

If you go to the Device Manager, what is the device type of the PS4? It should be a Playstation - so please change it to that and then re-add it to the Geo-Filter (you shouldn't need to choose the Unreal Engine when playing on a console)

15 hours ago, Donovan said:

I've been testing my gaming device wirelessly and surprisingly I have no disconnection between the PS4 Pro and the XR500. But when I set my PS4 Pro back with Ethernet cable, I have a disconnected from LAN.

Ok, we're getting somewhere. Thank you. A few options here:

1. Try swapping the Ethernet cables with a different cable (in case it's faulty)
  2. Try downgrading back one version to .32 and see if the issue continues over Ethernet: https://kb.netgear.com/000060127/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-32

Let us know what happens after trying this. Thanks.

In the Device Manager, by default my PS4 Pro is already set on Playstation and I don't see any difference after deleting and re-adding to the Geo-Filter.

I already tested the option 1 and 2. There's a log file about Firmware Versions 2.3.2.32 that I posted earlier if you want to have a look.

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, Donovan said:

In the Device Manager, by default my PS4 Pro is already set on Playstation and I don't see any difference after deleting and re-adding to the Geo-Filter.

I already tested the option 1 and 2. There's a log file about Firmware Versions 2.3.2.32 that I posted earlier if you want to have a look.

Hi Donovan - I've got some experience with this 'Disconnected from LAN' issue. The reason this is proving so difficult to solve is because you're barking up the wrong tree - this issue is a bug with the PS4 Pro itself, affecting a large amount of PS4 Pro users. An example of the scale of the problem can be found on the PS4 forum: https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4/LAN-Cable-Not-Connected/td-p/25617826

Fixes for it vary. Some people replace their entire network, and at random the PS4 Pro starts to work. Some people found that the issue was caused by a legitimate reason - one of which is the pins on the PS4 Pro Ethernet port were mis-aligned, or their Ethernet cable was faulty. Others have never been able to resolve the problem.

The bug has been reported since 2014 and as far as I'm aware, the bug never affected the original PS4. Something to do with how the PS4 Pro communicates over LAN is bugged out. I hope this clarifies the issue; try checking out the ports themselves for wonky pins, and maybe try replacing your Modem if it's feasible.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the link and I read through all 3 pages. I understand your explications but I don't think is exactly the same problem because these peoples did not mentioned or tested it out with different modems, Ethernet cables, Ethernet Ports, and routers.

I explained earlier to Fraser, in my case, the problem is not occurring when I'm using a non-DumaOS router with my current new Technicolor TC4400 Modem (Docsis 3.1) with my Gigabit Internet Speed, same/different Ethernet cable or Ethernet Ports, and my PS4 Pro.

If I swap my Netduma R1/Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 for a Linksys WRT 3200ACM (Stock firmware or openWRT 18.06.2) or Linksys WRT54GS (Stock Firmware or DD-WRT) I don't experience any Disconnected from LAN issue. If I plug back with a DumaOS (MileStone 1.3) router using the same/another Ethernet cable or Ethernet Ports, and my PS4 Pro, the issue is coming back.

Now, If I downgrade my Netduma R1 router with Milestone 1.3 for the Original Firmware 1.03.6j and I use the same setup, I don't have any Disconnected from LAN issue at all.

I think problem is on the software side when the DumaOS Milestone 1.3 is communicating with PlayStation OS via the LAN.

I want to verify if the issue Disconnected from LAN on the WAN Port that I noticed since the Milestone 1.3 on the Netduma R1 is fixed. Sadly, this was not fix on XR500 and the flagship XR700.

I'm still getting a Disconnected from LAN on the WAN Port with my new XR700 and I tested with the firmware v1.0.0.20 to v1.0.1.10.

When you say disconnected from LAN on the WAN port, do you mean that you're using the WAN port (as opposed to the SFP+ port) to connect to the internet and your LAN connections are dropping?

10 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

When you say disconnected from LAN on the WAN port, do you mean that you're using the WAN port (as opposed to the SFP+ port) to connect to the internet and your LAN connections are dropping?

Yes, the WAN Port/the Ethernet Port (yellow) that's label with the word "Internet" on the XR700.

• Administrators

Could you try with QoS completely disabled in Anti-Bufferbloat settings please and see if that resolves it. If it does turn it back on wait for it to happen again and then completely disable Traffic Prioritization, does that resolve it?

Not really. Sometime after a factory reset some of my devices are not detected and labeled (Name & Device Type) correctly and some other devices (3 others computers and the Chromecast) on wired and wifi got disconnected. I need to manually reconnect or re-setup them.

@Donovan 

What happens if you install a non managed network LAN switch between the XR router and the PS 4 pro? I have heard of others seeing problems with LAN connected devices directly connected to a router, however putting in a LAN switch in between sometimes resolves the issue. Something to try. Switches are inexpensive. I recommend NG GS105/108 series, D-Link DGS-105/108 series or HP Pro Curve 1400 series. 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:50 AM, Donovan said:

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the link and I read through all 3 pages. I understand your explications but I don't think is exactly the same problem because these peoples did not mentioned or tested it out with different modems, Ethernet cables, Ethernet Ports, and routers.

I explained earlier to Fraser, in my case, the problem is not occurring when I'm using a non-DumaOS router with my current new Technicolor TC4400 Modem (Docsis 3.1) with my Gigabit Internet Speed, same/different Ethernet cable or Ethernet Ports, and my PS4 Pro.

If I swap my Netduma R1/Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 for a Linksys WRT 3200ACM (Stock firmware or openWRT 18.06.2) or Linksys WRT54GS (Stock Firmware or DD-WRT) I don't experience any Disconnected from LAN issue. If I plug back with a DumaOS (MileStone 1.3) router using the same/another Ethernet cable or Ethernet Ports, and my PS4 Pro, the issue is coming back.

Now, If I downgrade my Netduma R1 router with Milestone 1.3 for the Original Firmware 1.03.6j and I use the same setup, I don't have any Disconnected from LAN issue at all.

I think problem is on the software side when the DumaOS Milestone 1.3 is communicating with PlayStation OS via the LAN.

• 2 years later...

Okay so I am Having this problem but it happens to everything g plugged in to the ethernet ports so everything fails. I have done a test software i have reverted to older software this xr700 has done this from day of purchase and been told because i can't afford to pay for the net gear support they can't help me and its frustrating that a customer that paid 250 for a product can't get help unless they pay more money for there team of "experts" to help me do everything ive already done. Im at a loss ive bought new cables ive reset to factory and nothing works what else is there to do and it hallens like every hr or so