from open to moderate

fearsome137

since upgrading to dumaos everything has been fine up until the last 3 days....no matter what i try im forever on a moderate nat type,switch back to ISP and its open everytime,i have not changed any of my settings in duma, checked for upgrade and thats all good too....could it be a cod problem or it defo my end......thanks for any help.

Which router are you using? XR500, XR700, XR450 or the Original R1?  I do not believe CoD NAT shows it correctly on the Original R1. Does the PS4 itself shows as open? If you have an open NAT type on your console (NAT Type 1 – Open) it will not cause you any connection issues even if it was showing as moderate in game which I think is false. 

If you are using an isp router/modem then any of the above devices you can't get nat type 1 nat type 2 is what you are looking for on your ps4 and regardless of wether the ps4 has open nat if cod says you have moderate nat your connection to others WILL be affected as in it will be more difficult to find games especially if in a party however once in a game the actual gameplay should be no different 

the original R1 mate,ive never had a Nat type 1 its always Nat 2 and on all previous cods had an open Nat (in game),maybe is a Cod related problem because only got moderate since there last update.......but i have a lot of other people saying the cod types can be wrong

• Netduma Staff
18 hours ago, fearsome137 said:

i put all the ports in (probably wrong) because i ended up with no internet connection with an error "missing json response". i have reset and now back to square 1.......told you i was dumb at this tech stuff lol

I think that error code is just a UI bug. Nothin' to worry about. Is everything else loading fine? I'd give port forwarding another go, we're always here if stuff goes wrong :D

I'm in the same boat, Im on a R1 using latest DumaOS and Im behind my asus RT-ac88u wich is behind my arris fiber gateway. I had no problem getting open nat with my setup before the BO4 update . Duma is in the asus DMZ zone and my arris gateway is in ip pass through mode. Like I said I could get open nat no problem before this latest BO4 update. Ive tried disabling upnp and went to port forward and vice versa, and resetting all routers and modem.