DumaOS R1 public beta -issue with network settings

Morpheuzs

Hello,

I upgraded to open beta dumaos on my Netduma R1 router. All seems to be fine, except the network settings section is not completly accessible. I got the error message as seen in the screenshot.

I restarted the route several times and unplugged the power cable. Nothing changed.

I used Chrome/Firefox.

NetDuma.PNG

Ok, I have a solution for this.

In the log file of the  router, there was something  mentioned  like DHCP error.

I had DHCP disabled previously, because I´m using another one. Reason behind this, the old and I assume the new firmware as well, is not capable to deliver different DNS server, even you can configre this in the gui. This is also complained in older threads.

So, I reverted back to the old firmware, enabled the DHCP option, upgraded the router back to DumaOS beta, and it works now.

DHCP disabled afterwards, still working.

At least, it is an upgrade issue with the new firmware version.

And please, give the option to configure a custom DNS server and deliver it via the Netduma DHCP Server. Additionally an appropiate custom DNS-Suffix should also be able configureable.

30 minutes ago, Morpheuzs said:

Ok, I have a solution for this.

In the log file of the  router, there was something  mentioned  like DHCP error.

I had DHCP disabled previously, because I´m using another one. Reason behind this, the old and I assume the new firmware as well, is not capable to deliver different DNS server, even you can configre this in the gui. This is also complained in older threads.

So, I reverted back to the old firmware, enabled the DHCP option, upgraded the router back to DumaOS beta, and it works now.

DHCP disabled afterwards, still working.

At least, it is an upgrade issue with the new firmware version.

And please, give the option to configure a custom DNS server and deliver it via the Netduma DHCP Server. Additionally an appropiate custom DNS-Suffix should also be able configureable.

Nice workaround as it will help those that will encounter a similar issue. I believe at a later date, the ability to configure the DNS will come as this is the early stages. Thanks for the information Morpheuzs.

- Tray

Ok, another issue. Entered some names for device, because they were unnamed due to fact, that I used another dhcp than netduma.

Then I got the next error „Type error: undefined is not an object (evaluating device name).

Access to network settings is not given anymore.

Maybe you already fixed it in an upcoming newer builds as you already know this maybe for weeks?🤗

You are aware of this?

• Netduma Staff
27 minutes ago, minato1990 said:

how i can git that upgraded to open beta dumaos ?

What do you mean exactly? How can you get it fixed on DumaOS?

Now that you've reported this issue our developers will work on fixing it. Once it's fixed it'll then be released in the next firmware version that comes out - you've done your part :D