Black Ops 4 Support

Netduma Admin

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have a PC to screenshot on when it is happening as doing from a phone you can't see everything. If you block those higher ping servers you should then be left with the low ping ones that you can get with your radius. You can also use ping assist to block games above a certain ping so perhaps try with 40ms.

It seems like my geo filter does not work? Seems like i live outside from south korea but trying to play with japan server. I can assure all player i met are from japan but all are having high ping. I can block them but what's the point if 90% of the host im connected will be blocked? Could you help to do something? Ive already reported the miscalculated geo filter anyway from the link you gave above

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Marzhooc said:

It seems like my geo filter does not work? Seems like i live outside from south korea but trying to play with japan server. I can assure all player i met are from japan but all are having high ping. I can block them but what's the point if 90% of the host im connected will be blocked? Could you help to do something? Ive already reported the miscalculated geo filter anyway from the link you gave above

The point in blocking them is so that you get that 10% of good connections all the time. Do you know what your base ping is? Could you follow this guide and use a Japanese site to test with to see what the quality of your connection is please, it could be local congestion if you're sure everyone is Japanese in your games so test with different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages when your connection is saturated to find the best percentage where the connection is as low and stable as possible http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-diagnose-modem-internet-service-provider-issues

On 7/28/2019 at 8:58 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The point in blocking them is so that you get that 10% of good connections all the time. Do you know what your base ping is? Could you follow this guide and use a Japanese site to test with to see what the quality of your connection is please, it could be local congestion if you're sure everyone is Japanese in your games so test with different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages when your connection is saturated to find the best percentage where the connection is as low and stable as possible http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-diagnose-modem-internet-service-provider-issues

Now that you asked me to check my base ping, i did checked with 2 websites. Speedtest.net & whatsmyping.org. surprisingly with speedtest it shows 53ms, but whatsmyip shows 200ms!! How is that possible? Any help you can provide?

Well it's possible because ping is not universal. You can only test ping by timing how long it takes to get a response from another computer or server, so naturally a different server will produce a different result. It's possible that whatsmyip just didn't have any servers near you.

The reason an application like PingPlotter is useful is that it lets you monitor ping changes over time. This means you can see what happens to your ping to a certain server as you do various things on your network. Using this, you can narrow down the cause of the ping spikes.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:49 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Well it's possible because ping is not universal. You can only test ping by timing how long it takes to get a response from another computer or server, so naturally a different server will produce a different result. It's possible that whatsmyip just didn't have any servers near you.

The reason an application like PingPlotter is useful is that it lets you monitor ping changes over time. This means you can see what happens to your ping to a certain server as you do various things on your network. Using this, you can narrow down the cause of the ping spikes.

here is snaps of my geo filter. as you can see, i've blocked few dedicated host. most the the host that i have accepted are peer type. could you advise what I should do? I have set my geo filter to south korea and set ping assist to 40 as you suggested. these snaps taken from my laptop instead of mobile phone.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Probably you will just get a high ping playing from Korea, depending on your connection. From Thailand I used to have 120-130 on VDSL and I get about 100-107 on fiber. That is with one of the best internet providers. Some others here will also show even above 150-200ms because their routing is not good. Last year on WW2 we used the R1's geofilter to seek out p2p games across Asia because the Japanese server is so shitty. Basicly their international network is severely overcongested especially end of afternoon and evening hours. While Tokyo has had major upgrades to it's fiber network. So you struggle on a crappy connection having several hundreds of ms actual delay while your enemies live next to the server with 5ms latency LOL. We actually found out that 100-150ms p2p hosts played better and than the Tokyo server LOL.

That server with fd9de at the end is Tokyo dedicated server and that's the one where you connect to the most. 

Try the Singapore server instead?

Japanese server is unplayable most of the time anyway due to their network structure if you don't live in Japan. CoD I general is not good in Asia, whatever host or server you pick is full of 200ms lagmasters and half of them is playing with modded controllers and mouse and keyboard. Also when we were trying to find p2p games in Asia, I just set my geofilter over all of Asia and just excluding Japan. You can do that by moving your home somewhere over the Indian Ocean and just make sure the circle doesn't go over the Tokyo server. Also with a ping assist of 30-40ms you won't find may games. If you wan't to pursue that strategy, make your geofilter circle smaller ie 1000km and set ping assist to something like 100 or 150ms. You just won't get connections in Asia like you get in Europe.

Also according to my reading when I do connect to it every once in a while if SG is empty and I need some challenge done, the server in Japan is still running 30Hz tickrate.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Probably you will just get a high ping playing from Korea, depending on your connection. From Thailand I used to have 120-130 on VDSL and I get about 100-107 on fiber. That is with one of the best internet providers. Some others here will also show even above 150-200ms because their routing is not good. Last year on WW2 we used the R1's geofilter to seek out p2p games across Asia because the Japanese server is so shitty. Basicly their international network is severely overcongested especially end of afternoon and evening hours. While Tokyo has had major upgrades to it's fiber network. So you struggle on a crappy connection having several hundreds of ms actual delay while your enemies live next to the server with 5ms latency LOL. We actually found out that 100-150ms p2p hosts played better and than the Tokyo server LOL.

That server with fd9de at the end is Tokyo dedicated server and that's the one where you connect to the most. 

Try the Singapore server instead?

Japanese server is unplayable most of the time anyway due to their network structure if you don't live in Japan. CoD I general is not good in Asia, whatever host or server you pick is full of 200ms lagmasters and half of them is playing with modded controllers and mouse and keyboard. Also when we were trying to find p2p games in Asia, I just set my geofilter over all of Asia and just excluding Japan. You can do that by moving your home somewhere over the Indian Ocean and just make sure the circle doesn't go over the Tokyo server. Also with a ping assist of 30-40ms you won't find may games. If you wan't to pursue that strategy, make your geofilter circle smaller ie 1000km and set ping assist to something like 100 or 150ms. You just won't get connections in Asia like you get in Europe.

Also according to my reading when I do connect to it every once in a while if SG is empty and I need some challenge done, the server in Japan is still running 30Hz tickrate.

If im ataying in korea, not aure if i set set my geo filter to somewhere else (lets say singapore). Even if i drag the geo filter, i dont think it really read as if im in singapore

On 8/6/2019 at 1:03 AM, Netduma Alex said:

It won't change your perceived location from the server-side. They can still see your IP and know where you are.

Is it possible if i use vpn and set my geo location as per my vpn setup. For instance i stay in S.korea and use vpn for france, then i set my geo location to france. Will it work? Will i have a low ping? 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Marzhooc said:

Is it possible if i use vpn and set my geo location as per my vpn setup. For instance i stay in S.korea and use vpn for france, then i set my geo location to france. Will it work? Will i have a low ping? 

It would work in that you could get games from France but it would not give you a low ping. The fact that you're connecting that far away will always result in a higher ping, especially adding a VPN into the mix. You're probably looking at a ping of about 300ms which is certainly not going to be a fun experience.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:08 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It would work in that you could get games from France but it would not give you a low ping. The fact that you're connecting that far away will always result in a higher ping, especially adding a VPN into the mix. You're probably looking at a ping of about 300ms which is certainly not going to be a fun experience.

I give up. I keep getting japan host with ping of 100ms average. I was wondering if it is because of the disc that i bought with R2 and psn account of R3 or other reason. 

The thing is everytime i got dedicated server, it always be over 100ms. When i got p2p, then it is 20ms average. Is it something to do with my psn account? Or the fact that my disc is R2? Or player outside japan cant play with japan server? Or netduma does not work in asia? 

• Administrators

Perhaps try using Ping Assist as a ping filter. See the bottom half of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

This will guarantee a low ping.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 6:14 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Perhaps try using Ping Assist as a ping filter. See the bottom half of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

This will guarantee a low ping.

Hi, 

I did as per your request. I put the geo location to middle of South China sea. However the problem of playing with japan dedicated server still exist (ie: average of 100ms). 

Since I am residing in South Korea, I am thinking if I use Japan VPN, it will work?

I  do not think the problem is on my end (ie: port forwarding limitation etc..). 

The only thing that I noticed is that I only have low ping (<20ms) if I play with P2P. If it is with dedicated server, always 100ms. 

I dont know if this is something to do with Japan internet itself or not. Have anyone in this community has similar problem like me, playing with Japan server?

Anything Netduma can help?