Upgrading your Netduma R1 to DumaOS from a version lower than 1.03.6

Netduma Admin

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, julien5032 said:

hello support yes you have not been able to connect to update my netduma r1 because I have change the dns by mistake but to my regret I do not connect at least the router is no longer detect by the computer it but so impossible to do a factory reset could help me on that to be able, be the update then thank

Could you also disable IPv6 please as we won't be able to connect to your router using an IPv6 address.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, julien5032 said:

it not possible my window netduma not open because my computer not detected the router because dns not correctly so you have solution for reset factory 

I'm not sure I understand exactly but you can hold the reset button in the router down for 30 seconds and then let go, wait a few minutes then try to access the interface.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The .29 version is the latest current version so you're all good!

I thought it was 1.03.6j ?

edit: My bad, I bought this router off of a friend, so I wasnt sure as to whether everything is all up to date.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Rockett said:

I thought it was 1.03.6j ?

edit: My bad, I bought this router off of a friend, so I wasnt sure as to whether everything is all up to date.

That is the latest for the original firmware and .29 is the latest for DumaOS, which one are you on?

• 3 weeks later...

Does the older routers have a bandwidth limitation? I am still at v1.03.4 and cannot get the modem to go above 80mb down. I have a 200mb connection. I have tried all the recommended tricks such as Reactive, untick IPv6, etc and nothing changes. If I remove the Netduma I get 200+ download. In the new DumaOS are there additional options to help DL speed?

Edit: Enabling Bleeding Edge Cloud after upgrading to 1.03.6j brought me to 200mb Down. No other settings made a dent. But after a minute or so it goes into latency seizure

Pinging www.google.com with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 172.217.12.228: bytes=32 time=2519ms TTL=53
Reply from 172.217.12.228: bytes=32 time=1478ms TTL=53
Reply from 172.217.12.228: bytes=32 time=687ms TTL=53
Reply from 172.217.12.228: bytes=32 time=1199ms TTL=53

The R1 is quite dated now in terms of hardware so it's possible that the 80mb is a hardware limit. Your speeds might improve with DumaOS although in my experience DumaOS is actually more taxing on the hardware than the original firmware. Nevertheless, it may be worth a try. You can always downgrade again.

I'll forward this to Joseph so that he can fix your firmware for upgrades.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, Dude4Him said:

Does the older routers have a bandwidth limitation? I am still at v1.03.4 and cannot get the modem to go above 80mb down. I have a 200mb connection. I have tried all the recommended tricks such as Reactive, untick IPv6, etc and nothing changes. If I remove the Netduma I get 200+ download. In the new DumaOS are there additional options to help DL speed?

Edit: Enabling Bleeding Edge Cloud after upgrading to 1.03.6j brought me to 200mb Down. No other settings made a dent. But after a minute or so it goes into latency seizure

Pinging www.google.com with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 172.217.12.228: bytes=32 time=2519ms TTL=53
Reply from 172.217.12.228: bytes=32 time=1478ms TTL=53
Reply from 172.217.12.228: bytes=32 time=687ms TTL=53
Reply from 172.217.12.228: bytes=32 time=1199ms TTL=53

Hey. I just sent the fix to your router so you can now upgrade manually. Thank you for your patience.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, shrooma said:

Please update my Netduma R1 Early Founders Edition Version 1.03.3 to the newest most dopest version. It has been sitting in its box collecting dust because I was to lazy to set it up. Thanks in advance kind sir.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you please ensure you disable IPv6 so we can attempt a connection to your router next week?

15 hours ago, Victor said:

Hello, could you get my router ready for upgrade? I'm on 1.03.3

What's the version I need to upgrade to ? is it 1.03.6j?

Welcome to the forums!

Yes i'll get it done.

And yes, once the bug is patched you should upgrade to the most recent "original firmware" and after that, you could upgrade to DumaOS if you wanted.

Hello again, I am wondering how will I know if I got the update? Will it change version from 1.03.3 or is it just a hot fix so I can update to the latest version? Sorry for asking such a stupid question. I guess I'm just looking for a confirmation that my router was updated. Thank you