Upgrading your Netduma R1 to DumaOS from a version lower than 1.03.6

Netduma Admin

On 5/18/2019 at 8:26 AM, Alexandre said:

Please update my NetdumaR1 router from version 1.03.6g to the latest dumaOS firmware. Thank you

I have forwarded this onto Joseph so he should send over the firmware soon. Keep an eye on the thread.

it's been a while but im still on 1.03.5m, i can't access the page for the port forwarding of 7777 (was open when i last did it on november but not sure if it's now, tried clicking on the clickable text on the text guide but it redirects me back to the knowledge base)

hoping that upgrading to dumaOS will fix my portforwarding issue (used to work now doesn't, written a threat but no response)

• Administrators
20 hours ago, DarkDyllon said:

it's been a while but im still on 1.03.5m, i can't access the page for the port forwarding of 7777 (was open when i last did it on november but not sure if it's now, tried clicking on the clickable text on the text guide but it redirects me back to the knowledge base)

hoping that upgrading to dumaOS will fix my portforwarding issue (used to work now doesn't, written a threat but no response)

You should first manually upgrade to the latest original R1 firmware here: 

then after that once you've received an email you can upgrade to DumaOS. Just to note upgrades are done manually by you, we just give you the link to do it, we don't upgrade it for you. 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should first manually upgrade to the latest original R1 firmware here: 

then after that once you've received an email you can upgrade to DumaOS. Just to note upgrades are done manually by you, we just give you the link to do it, we don't upgrade it for you. 

ah ok, in any case i've upgraded to 1.03.6j, thanks.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Donald said:

Please update my router from 1.03.3 to the latest firmware thanks.

Hey, welcome to the forum! 

Have you ensured that you've followed this guide to make your router accessible? http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000085789-how-to-upgrade-your-r1-from-version-1-03-5m-or-lower

2 hours ago, Donald said:

That link takes me no where, I don't know how to make the router accessible 

Okay well i'll copy the relevant section of the guide:

1. Access your Netduma R1 interface
  2. Go to >Settings >Miscellaneous
  3. Tick ‘Allow remote access to Netduma tech support’
  4. Go to Settings >UPnP and enable the feature if it's not already enabled
  5. Go to Settings > Port Forwarding and remove any rules
  6. Now verify that everything is working by going to https://www.whatismyip.com/port-scanner/
  7. In the port entry field, type in 7777 and click Scan 
  8. If the result is 'Open' then you have successfully allowed us to access your router to run the fix. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Okay well i'll copy the relevant section of the guide:

1. Access your Netduma R1 interface
  2. Go to >Settings >Miscellaneous
  3. Tick ‘Allow remote access to Netduma tech support’
  4. Go to Settings >UPnP and enable the feature if it's not already enabled
  5. Go to Settings > Port Forwarding and remove any rules
  6. Now verify that everything is working by going to https://www.whatismyip.com/port-scanner/
  7. In the port entry field, type in 7777 and click Scan 
  8. If the result is 'Open' then you have successfully allowed us to access your router to run the fix. 

The port should be open try sending the fix to my router when you get a chance 

On 5/18/2019 at 8:26 AM, Alexandre said:

Please update my NetdumaR1 router from version 1.03.6g to the latest dumaOS firmware. Thank you

I was not able to send the hotfix, please make sure you have configured your router correctly.

17 hours ago, Donald said:

Ok thanks so much 

Sorry about the delay, we're going to do it tomorrow now, for sure.

In the meantime please make sure that you've done everything in this guide so that we don't have any problems connecting:

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000085789-how-to-upgrade-your-r1-from-version-1-03-5m-or-lower

On 6/3/2019 at 11:59 PM, Donald said:

Ok thanks so much 

I have just successfully sent your router the firmware hot fix so you should be able to manually upgrade. Thanks for your patience.

On 5/31/2019 at 9:55 PM, Donald said:

@Netduma Joseph can you send a hotfix to my router when you get a chance please. 

Ok now you need to follow the rest of this guide to get your router up to date:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085793-upgrading-your-netduma-r1-to-dumaos-from-the-original-r1-firmware

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2019 at 10:51 PM, julien5032 said:

please upgrade my netduma thank 

Port
Status
open (98ms)

I am having some trouble sending the hotfix to your router. Can you make sure you have configured it correctly.

hello support yes you have not been able to connect to update my netduma r1 because I have change the dns by mistake but to my regret I do not connect at least the router is no longer detect by the computer it but so impossible to do a factory reset could help me on that to be able, be the update then thank