Upgrading your Netduma R1 to DumaOS from a version lower than 1.03.6

Netduma Admin

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What's the issue you're having exactly?

I am wanting to update my netduma router to dumaos. Mine is currently on firmware version 1.03.5m. i have done all the steps listed in a previous comment and port 7777 is open.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, colincw said:

I am wanting to update my netduma router to dumaos. Mine is currently on firmware version 1.03.5m. i have done all the steps listed in a previous comment and port 7777 is open.

Upgrade to the last original firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/701ezvt4qmezdgu/R1-v-1-03-6j.sig?dl=0 then once that's completed then try the upgrade to DumaOS

• 1 month later...

On 11/16/2023 at 7:13 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Upgrade to the last original firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/701ezvt4qmezdgu/R1-v-1-03-6j.sig?dl=0 then once that's completed then try the upgrade to DumaOS

Hi Fraser, i bought an R1 from interne and its the early adopt version, and the person said that they never update it. Do i have to go by all steps (open the port 7777 etc) or can i just upgrade it to this version and then to the version 3?

Thanks

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, mainerror said:

Hi Fraser, i bought an R1 from interne and its the early adopt version, and the person said that they never update it. Do i have to go by all steps (open the port 7777 etc) or can i just upgrade it to this version and then to the version 3?

Thanks

It should be okay to do that yes, to be honest I don't think we'd have the ability any more to do what we mentioned in the first post so that's your best bet really.

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It should be okay to do that yes, to be honest I don't think we'd have the ability any more to do what we mentioned in the first post so that's your best bet really.

In 2018 how many brick? It was very risky? Or just a small percentage?

And if it brick? what can i do?

Can you check with your team if you can release the hotfix in 2024 😂?

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, mainerror said:

In 2018 how many brick? It was very risky? Or just a small percentage?

And if it brick? what can i do?

Can you check with your team if you can release the hotfix in 2024 😂?

We didn't get people to do it that way for a reason, but anyone that did they didn't get it bricked. If it happens there won't be anything we can do unfortunately.

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We didn't get people to do it that way for a reason, but anyone that did they didn't get it bricked. If it happens there won't be anything we can do unfortunately.

Can you check with your team if they have the hotfix?

The router is kinda expensive i dont want to lose my money :(

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, mainerror said:

Can you check with your team if they have the hotfix?

The router is kinda expensive i dont want to lose my money :(

They won't have a hotfix, I know that for certain. It's a 10 year old router, if it was expensive I'd suggest returning it and at least getting an R2 second hand

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They won't have a hotfix, I know that for certain. It's a 10 year old router, if it was expensive I'd suggest returning it and at least getting an R2 second hand

I cannot return it, do you think that the orginal softwere can geo filter?

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, mainerror said:

I cannot return it, do you think that the orginal softwere can geo filter?

What firmware are you on specifically? Yes it should be able to yes, though the cloud for it will be outdated

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What firmware are you on specifically? Yes it should be able to yes, though the cloud for it will be outdated

I supose the first one, i will receive it in the next week.

Maybe next week i make here another post.

Thank you for your time, really, you are a great person to help me with a 10 year device.

Maybe till the next week anyone have the hotfix.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, mainerror said:

I supose the first one, i will receive it in the next week.

Maybe next week i make here another post.

Thank you for your time, really, you are a great person to help me with a 10 year device.

Maybe till the next week anyone have the hotfix.

If you haven't received it yet are you sure you can't return it?

I think it would probably be fine but there is a risk, I really would try to return it if you can.

You're welcome!

On 1/12/2024 at 10:03 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you haven't received it yet are you sure you can't return it?

I think it would probably be fine but there is a risk, I really would try to return it if you can.

You're welcome!

I bought from a person not a store, and i cant find in portugal netduma r2 second hand for sale. So i guess i will try to update, its sad that your team can no longer send the hotfix.

Can you give advise how to update it? Should i first reset it and then update it withou connection to the internet?

Do you know what make the rounter brick? What was the settings? So i can avoid it?

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, mainerror said:

I bought from a person not a store, and i cant find in portugal netduma r2 second hand for sale. So i guess i will try to update, its sad that your team can no longer send the hotfix.

Can you give advise how to update it? Should i first reset it and then update it withou connection to the internet?

Do you know what make the rounter brick? What was the settings? So i can avoid it?

Thanks in advance.

Directly from a person or through eBay or something similar? If the later they will allow you to return.

You could factory reset first but I don't think it would necessarily help. There isn't really anything you can do it's just to upgrade. Best to maybe tell me what firmware you're on when you get it and I can tell you the risk involved in upgrading.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Directly from a person or through eBay or something similar? If the later they will allow you to return.

You could factory reset first but I don't think it would necessarily help. There isn't really anything you can do it's just to upgrade. Best to maybe tell me what firmware you're on when you get it and I can tell you the risk involved in upgrading.

Ok, i will follow up when i get the router.

Thank you.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:58 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi again, i receive the R1 today,  and for my surprise it was on 1.036J and i just update it to 3.0.207 and it works great.

I only have one problem, from my orginal router i have a connection 600mb down and when i am conncet to R1just have 300mb down.

I have QOS disable, its just a limitation of the hardware?

The R1 will receive the 3.3 update or the support was drop?

Thanks

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, mainerror said:

Hi again, i receive the R1 today,  and for my surprise it was on 1.036J and i just update it to 3.0.207 and it works great.

I only have one problem, from my orginal router i have a connection 600mb down and when i am conncet to R1just have 300mb down.

I have QOS disable, its just a limitation of the hardware?

The R1 will receive the 3.3 update or the support was drop?

Thanks

Ah great news! If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control :menu menu do you get better speeds then? The hardware is old so it probably will have something to do with it. I doubt it'll be getting 3.3 at this point to be honest.

• 1 month later...

Hello folks,

I have an R1 that hasn't been used  for some time now. I was wondering if it is still viable to use for gaming. I plan on getting an R3 but wanted to tinker with the R1 first.

Best regards,

goblin

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, goblin said:

Hello folks,

I have an R1 that hasn't been used  for some time now. I was wondering if it is still viable to use for gaming. I plan on getting an R3 but wanted to tinker with the R1 first.

Best regards,

goblin

Yes you can absolutely still use it and get a good experience!