black ops 4 beta now available on ps4

Anyone else not able to pick a server? game pretty much says tut tut no no, I know the duma team won't support until full release.

Curious.

• Administrators

Anyone else not able to pick a server? game pretty much says tut tut no no, I know the duma team won't support until full release.

Curious.

We tested earlier and we were able to force servers, including in America. Maybe try restarting your game and see if that works?

• Administrators

Anyone else having a problem with the Regular Duma with high ms ping? All my pings are 500-1000+. Literal insanity. Anyone else having this problem?

That's crazy! Do you have auto ping host on (i.e. are you definitely pinging the dedicated server)?

I think this is mostly teething issues for Treyarch given the beta has just gone live. See how this plays today. If it's still bad, try forcing a server location somewhere else e.g. the next closest server. 

If it still carries on, it's worth seeing if it's just a BO4 issue. Try quickly playing another game, e.g. WWII, and see if the pings are normal

• Administrators

If i have filtering on I can not get into no matches. But of i turn it off it works fine. My filter is set for the West Coast US.

There's probably a new matchmaking in the US which we need to whitelist. When you try to join the game and get blocked, is there a triangle icon consistently appearing in the same location? If yes, please click on it and grab the Host ID and post here and we'll look into it.

Another option is to boot up the game with the geo-filter disabled. Get into the screen when you are ready to search for a game, then re enable the Geo-Filter. See if that now allows you to join a game.

No there is nothing with in my circle as far as servers when I have filtering on. The only one that shows is on the east coast 

Host Type Dedicated
ID aa2de1acca49474c
Domain Name 45.76.73.172.vultr.com

If i take strict off it keeps connecting me to this server in europe

Host Type Dedicated
ID ef2d06d1ca8e1b20
Domain Name Unnamed

I am in California so this does not do good for my games.

the second suggestion did not work either.

• Administrators

Both are normal dedicated servers, nothing that needs to be whitelisted. 

Hard turn off the console, set the Geo-Filter how you want it. Ensure theres nothing appearing on the map then boot up the console and game. Does it work then?

• Administrators

Well... My two cents: this game plays a lot worse than black ops 3. Even with the high health I am insta-dying all the time. I die faster in this game then I do in blops3. What gives? 

What ping are you getting? Dying faster isn't an accurate measurement of lag

• Administrators

Ping spikes ranging from 20ms to 180ms. Both in game and in duma os. 

And Blops 3 is saying open NAT while Blops4 is moderate...

If you disable the Geo-Filter when you boot up, do you then get an open NAT? It's possible there's a NAT server we need to whitelist so would be good to know if this happens.

And are you using the Geo-filter to get a local server? If the ping is high even to a local server it's probably due to server-side issues, it is a beta after all and this is one of the main things Treyarch will be testing.