USA east coast help

infernomachine

Im about done with AW on the xbox one. Games are terrible anyone have any advice? Ive tried throttling and still garbage. If I set up the filter on the whole east coast with ping assist I always get put on that terrible washington server. If i put on strict it will take 20min before I find a game even in TDM. It plays so much better on 360.

I am guessing it is because of the lack of players to matchmake with on the xbone1.

Throttling will not help, I am surprised though that you are struggling to find games. I am sure many people have got advice to give you and I can only offer what I find works (most of the time) for me on PS4.

Assuming your bandwidth etc is all set correctly and you are up to date with updates I set my congestion control to 70% and give my ps4 32% with share excess ticked sharing the rest with the rest of my network.

I put my home about where it should be and the geo filter to around 900-1000km with 30 ms of PA.

I play mostly hardcore but before I go public I will play a couple of games against bots in a private match on core as this helps get my aim in.

My biggest issue is that after the first bottle of wine everybody seems to move so much quicker and people instakill me from the next map never mind the one im playing.

Some games and indeed some nights the game simply plays like a big pile of doodah. Others it plays OK.

Good luck

Have you tried moving your home location--It looks a though you are losing alot of your filter over the ocean.  I live in Atlanta and this is what I do.

Have you tried moving your home location--It looks a though you are losing alot of your filter over the ocean.

I agree. Try central OH and adjust from there. You're going to get hooked to that Seattle server a lot. I do too. Sometimes I set my ping to 0 and that helps.

post-881-0-17327600-1434836509_thumb.png

post-881-0-15659900-1434836537_thumb.png

If you are on the East Coast... Move the Home Location to Kansas (the literal center of the U.S.). You should get more stable games, namely the KC server which is like 40ms. Tops. 

Other than that, it is a lack of players on XB1 and the game in general. AW was pretty much a failure in the eyes of many CoD players (myself included) since it tires to do to many things, but does nothing exceptionally well, IMO. Many people have moved on and are awaiting BO3. I am going to watch the Beta, and user experiences before I slap down my hard earned greenbacks, though...

If you are on the East Coast... Move the Home Location to Kansas (the literal center of the U.S.). You should get more stable games, namely the KC server which is like 40ms. Tops. 

Other than that, it is a lack of players on XB1 and the game in general. AW was pretty much a failure in the eyes of many CoD players (myself included) since it tires to do to many things, but does nothing exceptionally well, IMO. Many people have moved on and are awaiting BO3. I am going to watch the Beta, and user experiences before I slap down my hard earned greenbacks, though...

I have tried this with some success. For whatever reason it doesn't always work for me but it's probably 50/50. Most likely the group I play with and how far spread out they are has something to do with it. The games been mostly good for me for a few weeks now. When it's not though......>:/

I have but it makes no difference its worse...i live in MA

Try the ping at 0 and see what happens. I thought it would take forever to get a game but it didn't for me. I'd still move your locale towards the OH valley a bit. Test it and see what happens. Give it a few lobbies.

Set your PA to 0ms and cover all of the USA with the Geo-filter.

Leave Strict mode ticked. 

This will allow CoDAW to choose the best host for you or even allow you to be host.

If you get a bad game, just back out and try again.

If you're always getting connected to a dedi that plays bad, move your Geo so that it's not included.

You may start getting lobby-booted though and if that's the case put it back inside your Geo.

This is what worked best for me. 

Good luck.

Im about done with AW on the xbox one. Games are terrible anyone have any advice? Ive tried throttling and still garbage. If I set up the filter on the whole east coast with ping assist I always get put on that terrible washington server. If i put on strict it will take 20min before I find a game even in TDM. It plays so much better on 360.

1. Strict mode on

2. Set your home location in the ocean with your geo filter as small as it goes.

3. Set ping assist from 50-70ms depending on how long it's taking to get into games. Even on 60ms I find games quickly at 4am during the week. You might have to mess with what you set it to depending on your connection. I see you have higher pings than normal in your diagnostic.

Nobody has mentioned you have 22ms of jitter in that test. that is not good.

I would re test at quite times and peak times you may have an isp congestion issue.

Last Result

Nobody has mentioned you have 22ms of jitter in that test. that is not good.

I would re test at quite times and peak times you may have an isp congestion issue.

\OK...so how would I go about fixing an isp congestion issue. My spikes are always that way. That is an average game. I think im just jealous of the guys that have minimal spikes if any

• Netduma Staff

Last Result

\OK...so how would I go about fixing an isp congestion issue. My spikes are always that way. That is an average game. I think im just jealous of the guys that have minimal spikes if any

To fix that you would have to talk to your ISP - it could be a line issue.

But soon Netduma are releasing a new update which has jitter dampening, you will probably find this beneficial as it will, help minimise the jitter on your line :)

I would keep logs from the Netduma and Pingplotter as proof to hand to your isp , i know the jitter is not from other users on your network as the Netduma shuts down everything while you test and you still had jitter via the diag's.

I would keep logs from the Netduma and Pingplotter as proof to hand to your isp , i know the jitter is not from other users on your network as ithe Netduma shuts down everything while you test and you still had jitter via the diag's.

thanks for all your help

Archived