Denied Servers and Players

This shouldn't be possible, but it can -look- like you are connecting to that server. What you'll likely be connecting to is a 'server bank', which is a group of servers in the same exact location.

To stop yourself from connecting to a server bank, the best way is to keep it outside your radius with Strict Mode on. If that's not possible however, you'll have to deny every server ID in that location every time you connect to it. It could take a while but eventually you won't connect to that location any more.

I hope this helps!

Unfortunately Netduma Jack, this does not seem to be the case. I have denied countless servers, wrote down the ID's, labeled them as bad servers, and yet still connect to them. (Using the advice you just mentioned) I have been working with Netduma Fraser for almost 2 months on this issue as he has been tirelessly working to fix this issue along with other complaints from other users on this same issue.

• Netduma Staff

Unfortunately Netduma Jack, this does not seem to be the case. I have denied countless servers, wrote down the ID's, labeled them as bad servers, and yet still connect to them. (Using the advice you just mentioned) I have been working with Netduma Fraser for almost 2 months on this issue as he has been tirelessly working to fix this issue along with other complaints from other users on this same issue.

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up - I should have read the whole thread first! Fraser will already have notified the Netgear team, and I imagine our developers are working on a fix for the next update. We'll keep you all posted as always if a new debug version becomes available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Should I do a factory reset to see if it changes the issue? I forgot to mention that I didn't perform a factory reset. Just kinda don't want to go through that whole process of setting up my devices, etc again..but if necessary I'll do it.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Kahari said:

Should I do a factory reset to see if it changes the issue? I forgot to mention that I didn't perform a factory reset. Just kinda don't want to go through that whole process of setting up my devices, etc again..but if necessary I'll do it.

No need, if fixed wouldn't need to do a factory reset to trigger it working

On 9/19/2018 at 7:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Our next firmware will have a lot of fixes in so please try then, hoping it won’t be long until release

When is the next firmware coming out? Is it going to be before black ops 4 come out?

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We did identify the issue and has been fixed, they have our latest DumaOS versions so we're just waiting for them to release a firmware

Is this the same firmware with ping assist?

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, JimPaps said:

Is this the same firmware with ping assist?

Yes the issue should be fixed in that firmware, think it was fixed before that though but certainly DumaOS on the R1 should have the fix as far as Im aware

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

This should be working. Which version of the firmware are you on? Which game are you playing and can you please share the ID of the person or server you are trying to block?

51 minutes ago, Kahari said:

And could you please explain the image I just posted? How is it connecting to servers and players outside of the radius?

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 4.17.29 PM.png

It’s connecting you to a server outside your radius because you are using ping assist, servers found by ping assist have a dashed circle around them. If you only want to connect to servers inside your radius set ping assist to 0, it’s advisable to use ping assist as it picks up incorrectly located servers.

• Administrators

Exactly as PB said, your Ping Assist is allowing these connections through. Please see this guide to understand more about this features  and to get it setup optimally: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

Much appreciated! But back to my original question, I’m still connecting to servers and players that I denied. This has been a problem for me and other users since July. (You can review the thread and see) I was told this would be fixed in the latest firmware update. 

Servers I can confirm for sure. I have listed their ID’s and named them (ex: as trash servers or laggy servers and their location on the map) I know there are players I connect with in lobbies who constantly lag who I have blocked who still connect or I connect to them. They are not “always” host, but they do connect. 

Edited by Kahari