Denied Servers and Players

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Kahari said:

I just realized something...(This is starting to become a pattern for me when playing) When I fire up my game and go into a lobby, it takes me through all my denied servers first before it connects me to a server I allowed. As soon as it connects me to a denied server, I leave the match and deny the server again. (While it's still showing on the map. It even shows the slash on the server indicating it's denied.) After that it connects me to my next denied server, and I repeat the process. At that point, it denies the servers for that day and I don't connect to them again ONLY for that day or gaming session. When I play the next day, it starts all over again. Connects me to all my denied servers first, I deny them as I connect to them, and then it connects me to a server I allowed. But none the less, I shouldn't have to do this every day during gaming sessions. Once the server is denied, I shouldn't connect to it..period.

Very strange indeed. We're investigating this as we speak so hopefully get can get to the bottom of it Kahari. Thank you so much for the information, it should help a lot.

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Kahari said:

Two servers in the same spot?  Interesting.. while playing?

Yup that happens a lot. Usually game servers are housed inside buildings with multiple servers, sometimes hundreds, inside. The game developers will pay for as many servers in that building as they need, so you end up with a ton of servers in the same location :)

Ok understood. It was just a little weird to me as this is the first time I've ever seen it like this. Normally after the game connects you to a server, the other one disappears and it only shows the one you're connected to. I was connected to the server at the top middle and the lower right one never disappeared. The one I was connected to is smaller (top middle),  and the one I wasn't connected to is bigger. (lower right)  (As if I was connected to it)

Other than that, Have your guys found a solution to connecting to denied servers and players?

I took that screenshot during an intermission between matches. When the match started, I connected to the server that is smaller in the picture. It became bigger once I connected and the other one got smaller but didn't disappear. (The one that is bigger in the picture)

The Geo-Filter is now bugging out on me...Look at the pics. I only saved one of these servers as "Missouri Nice!", and I actually allowed it. (The second photo) However, I have 3 servers with different ID's saved  as the same name I gave for the 1 server I allowed and they're showing as DENIED. Even one with the same name appears to be saved as a peer...and I don't save peer names unless I know them.. (Photos 1 and 3) This XR500 is starting to get out of control and there are still no solutions for my original post. Today I've only connected to denied servers...I have not connected to 1 server that I've allowed..and they have  all lagged terribly. 

t

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 12.39.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 12.40.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.09.48 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, Kahari said:

Still waiting for a solution to my problem guys. This is an everyday occurrence on my end and nothing has changed. I hope you guys are working on it..

I haven't heard anything but I've asked the team for an update. I know they're working really hard on the next update.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

For the first time in about 3 months, I haven't connected to any Denied servers. Not sure if you guys have fixed it or not,  but this is the first day I've seen an improvement! I appreciate your guys hard work.

Well I spoke too soon. It was working for a couple of days but today its back to connecting to Denied Servers and only Denied Servers. Haven't connected to a new server or Allowed Server at all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 5:07 PM, Kahari said:

Well I spoke too soon. It was working for a couple of days but today its back to connecting to Denied Servers and only Denied Servers. Haven't connected to a new server or Allowed Server at all.

Hi. I'm wondering if you've been able to get this to work for you? I'm having similar issues but with high ping players I've still able to join my lobbies in a P2P game. 

4 minutes ago, questvr3 said:

Hi. I'm wondering if you've been able to get this to work for you? I'm having similar issues but with high ping players I've still able to join my lobbies in a P2P game. 

Unfortunately, this is still a major issue. I've been experiencing the same  issues you're currently having, as well as issues denying servers. After about 2 months of constantly connecting to servers and players I've denied, (and making post after post about this issue) 2 weeks ago it seemed to get better. But now its worse than ever!  Netduma says they're working on it, but I haven't heard an update since.

I see. Thanks for letting me know. There are many threads on there illustrating this issue going back months. Makes little sense to me that it's still a problem when its a advertised feature. 

3 minutes ago, questvr3 said:

I see. Thanks for letting me know. There are many threads on there illustrating this issue going back months. Makes little sense to me that it's still a problem when its a advertised feature. 

Couldn't agree more with you bro! It's gotten so bad on my end, that I don't even connect to servers I've allowed anymore. Only Denied one's!!