so who has quit playing AW already?

procreate

i have almost completely quit. i will play clan wars if i am not benched [they shoot for smallest division usually so sometimes i am not active] and when the new DLC drop to check them out... usually only takes me a few games to get bored/irritated and eject the disc.

the same thing happened with BO2... and started playing minecraft instead.

back to the same thing except now i have been going back to last gen and playing ghosts and mw3 a lot.

i used to play CoD almost every night for a few hours.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much ... Started playing in 2007 with COD 2. Cod 3 was an abortion before the wonderful Modern Warfare "Cod 4".

Played all since and Advanced Warfare is easily the worst of all.

Went back to Black Ops 2 on Xbox and Modern Warfare 3 on PS3. Both of which run incredibly well using Netduma.

Me, its bollards just been playing on ghosts today , great fun and the older cods on 360 , i shall be skipping SH next attempt, no depth of field , parp.

There are so many other good games out there right now I haven't even played, or am starting to get into:

-Ark: Survival Evolved

-GTA V (PC and PS4; Single Player & Online)

-Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

-Insurgency

-Mortal Kombat X

-Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I hop into AW, and Ghosts from time to time, but I'll be more than likely sitting out BO3 out given it's yet another "upgraded" BO2  :angry:  Four years of "BO2" is enough...

Me. I prefer to have my characters to be boots on the ground.
I've been playing BO2 a lot more because it really makes the Netduma shine... and vice versa.

But for now, I've been playing the Witcher 3. So am not utilising the Netduma around this period.

The game is a complete piece of garbage. I have no idea how people get connections to go 44-5. Even with the r1 I have been getting crushed lately. I would quit but it's the only game I got.

Are you playing solo or with a team?  I always do better when I am with a party that play the objectives.  When I play solo, it is very hit or miss on whether I have a good game.  Some players don't play the objective, just go for kills or simply want to camp at the home flag.  Also, the skill based matching seems to have been worse lately (in my opinion). 

Me. I prefer to have my characters to be boots on the ground.

I've been playing BO2 a lot more because it really makes the Netduma shine... and vice versa.

But for now, I've been playing the Witcher 3. So am not utilising the Netduma around this period.

There is a classic mode within AW that does allow exo boosting/abilities, which is the "boots on the ground" style.  I don't know how many players will be on those playlists though.

i actually do better playing solo and than with a party. i lag way too much with a party, which kind of defeats the fun aspect of CoD. its more fun to play with people but the rage is too strong.

av sacked the xbox one and gone back to mw3 on 360, set my filter to the lowest and i still get put in a p2p game instantly. 12ms ping the lowest to date. If i turn filter off i always get host.

I have had similar experiences procreate, Playing solo is a breeze but as soon as I party up with 1 or more friends the game goes down the pan.

I think it averages the ping of the party lobby making people with low base ping have a higher ping than normal and the guy with a really high ping in your party have an easier time.

This is how it feels to me and gaming reflects this.

The Kill Cam is not accurate. It's just there for entertainment. The one that is a true representation of the game is Theater Mode because it's not a recreation of a past event. It's the game unfolding in real-time (well, as real as milliseconds allow).

I bought the game on launch then I did quit playing it. Since 1 month ago. I started to play with my friends and saw the connection improved for me nearly

70%. 

People tell that since they bought the R1 they experience a different Advanced Warfare and that they have fun now. 

For me it isn't like that. 

I use the Netduma R1 as a normal router. Sadly it didn't improve AW for me or other games. I learned everything about the R1 but nothing really helps. If I use the R1 while playing AW I get melted instantly (congestion control 70/70 or lower) and every time there are people with high pings in the lobby (like without it but less). I have to say that I am on the better side when I disable the R1 geofilter function so everybody lags equal and I can "play" the game somehow. 

I live in Austria (beside Germany). Sometimes I can't find any lobbys with the R1 geofilter on mode. When I disable the strict mode and geo filter I can find games easily (bleeding edge ticked). So whats the point using the geofilter then?

I mean AW is playable when a friend hosts the game (K/D 0,50). 

The bottom line is: 

• I use the R1 not as the COD or lag savior (isn't for me) but as a solid router device that can manage my home devices; 
  • AW runs sometimes good sometimes awful; 
  • With the R1 strict geofilter etc. I can't enter BF or MK server rooms (have to disable it);
  • There is no point for me to use the geofilter mode of the R1 because I have to disable it to play my games; 
  • and I probably will be playing AW till the next patch comes out or some witchraft magic happens. Then it will be unplayable again like the last CODs that got the "improvment patches" :-).

Dali86:

What game console are you playing on, and what game modes are you trying to join?

The player base is considerably smaller on the XB1 (in the U.S.) compared to the PS4, but... Even the PS4 player base is shrinking.

On top of this, certain modes are just dead because the game is at the point where most people have moved on and are waiting for BO3. So, if you play HC (Hard Core) there are very few matches left on both consoles, let alone other modes like Classic (No Exo).

I bought the game on launch then I did quit playing it. Since 1 month ago. I started to play with my friends and saw the connection improved for me nearly

70%. 

People tell that since they bought the R1 they experience a different Advanced Warfare and that they have fun now. 

For me it isn't like that. 

I use the Netduma R1 as a normal router. Sadly it didn't improve AW for me or other games. I learned everything about the R1 but nothing really helps. If I use the R1 while playing AW I get melted instantly (congestion control 70/70 or lower) and every time there are people with high pings in the lobby (like without it but less). I have to say that I am on the better side when I disable the R1 geofilter function so everybody lags equal and I can "play" the game somehow. 

I live in Austria (beside Germany). Sometimes I can't find any lobbys with the R1 geofilter on mode. When I disable the strict mode and geo filter I can find games easily (bleeding edge ticked). So whats the point using the geofilter then?

I mean AW is playable when a friend hosts the game (K/D 0,50). 

The bottom line is: 

• I use the R1 not as the COD or lag savior (isn't for me) but as a solid router device that can manage my home devices; 
  • AW runs sometimes good sometimes awful; 
  • With the R1 strict geofilter etc. I can't enter BF or MK server rooms (have to disable it);
  • There is no point for me to use the geofilter mode of the R1 because I have to disable it to play my games; 
  • and I probably will be playing AW till the next patch comes out or some witchraft magic happens. Then it will be unplayable again like the last CODs that got the "improvment patches" :-).

It makes me wonder. How come you leave in a heavily populated gaming region, near dedis and thousands of players and still you get lousy connections.

The game plays great. You've always wanted a "different kind of COD" not just the same sh*t all over again. AW provided that and you're still whining. Really, what do you expect from BO3?

JConnor

I play on the Ps4. When I turn on the geofilter I wait maybe 5-7 min to join a TDM (radius of 800-1000 km). 

When I turn it of I join immediately. I don't play hardcore. And with the geofilter turned on the games are slightly better. I know it's the games fault.

The funny thing is the matchmaking changes every week for me. Last week I could join games that was as described slightly better then without the R1. This week I can't find games (and yes I rebooted the R1 and did all the stuff that's in the wiki). 

But the question is how long will I tolerate that. 

Sgt-Greco

I assume your last post was dedicated to me. 

To be short there is a topic in this forum where people write how the game changed for them since they bought the R1 and now "they play a different game". 

I didn't write about the game-mechanics or that I wanted a different game. I don't expect anything from BO3. What should change or be different? It's the same game every year that gets worse and worse.

And when I see the playerbase that play COD it gives me more reasons to quit or to move on to a next game and have "fun".  

Not quit yet, but definitely playing less.  I spend more time on these boards than I do playing Advanced Warfare.

I don't know the reason, or have an explanation, but it's not the same game I was playing back in late December when I 1st got the R1.

Realism or some sort in a arcade shooter is needed not cartoon graphic's with no depth of field every thing looks close up, I can not get lost in the world as its fake and plastic looking.

Realism or some sort in a arcade shooter is needed not cartoon graphic's with no depth of field every thing looks close up, I can not get lost in the world as its fake and plastic looking.

Graphics I can excuse, as long as the core game play holds up.  atm, it's not doing it for me.  

Feels like Activision's target audience is getting younger each year. This one being aimed squarely at ADHD, pre-pubescent teens.  

The game plays great. You've always wanted a "different kind of COD" not just the same sh*t all over again. AW provided that and you're still whining. Really, what do you expect from BO3?

i never wanted a different kind of CoD. i always wanted a really nice game engine with least amount of bullshit in the game. if i could have my way i would use Ghosts game engine and create-a-class along with movement speed and animations [sliding/peeking] and then use every map from every CoD* and all the weapons, all the killstreaks... and put that into one huge player pool. game would always be fresh with a larger variety of maps always in rotation. the PROBLEM with CoD is its year cycle and it starting over again full of bugs and other issues... and then just 12 meager maps that get played to death. then 4 more... played to death and over and over. THAT is why it gets boring. open up the archive and then it will be fun as can be.

edit: * excluding AW. 

Archived