so who has quit playing AW already?

procreate

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When aw started having connection issues at the start of the year I started playing older titles again, they all have their weaknesses imo. Some have no color, some crap hit detection, some unbalanced weapons, all in all I liked the faster pace and I thought the graphics in aw were really good. For me it all comes down to connection, when the hit detection is on the game is great. Now since January some time the ded servers are just way off for me, it literally makes me sick to my stomach the timing is so off sometimes. All in all with some better bigger maps and p2p servers it could be a great game. Now I'm ducking to avoid all the crap being thrown at me :P    

All in all with some better bigger maps and p2p servers it could be a great game. Now I'm ducking to avoid all the crap being thrown at me :P    

Not at all we all have our likes and dislikes :)

That whole leaning, peek-a-boo, thing was cheap, and got on my nerves. I only ever did it for camo challenges.

honestly i never ran across people using it. i would use it just to peek around a corner but only ever used it to fire for the challenges as well, i suspect most you came across were doing the same thing. the sliding was perfect though, makes the dolphin dive seem pretty crude.

i have almost completely quit. i will play clan wars if i am not benched [they shoot for smallest division usually so sometimes i am not active] and when the new DLC drop to check them out... usually only takes me a few games to get bored/irritated and eject the disc.

the same thing happened with BO2... and started playing minecraft instead.

back to the same thing except now i have been going back to last gen and playing ghosts and mw3 a lot.

i used to play CoD almost every night for a few hours.

I know how you feel. the game is honestly too stressful to play because its basically broken it seem..I know i will not be buy black ops 3 unless i know the online experience will be better...(which means i probably just wont be buying it) until they fix the issues with cods.its going to be destiny for a while for me or old cods too.

Cod's have always been broken in some shape or form, it to what level you can put up with it , this year I can not , so have gone back to slightly less broken versions ;)

Cod's have always been broken in some shape or form, it to what level you can put up with it , this year I can not , so have gone back to slightly less broken versions ;)

All CoDs pre-MW3 have good netcode, regardless of engine or dev. The ones after MW3 are horrible because Activision fired the lead netcode coder before MW3 was released. This is why older CoDs and Ghosts (IW) play like they should, more or less whereas BO2, AW and BO3 are f-ed up because they don't have as skilled netcoders working for them, anymore.

As to the poster who said we are complaining about change...

AW is not positive change for the franchise, IMO.

AW is about nothing but twitch reflexes and no tactics. It's aimed at a younger crowd like another poster wrote, but in a bad way where it's all about reflexes and no map control whatsoever. Even if I were 10, 15 years younger I still would not like AW because it is the epitome of the CoD stereotype: All flash, no substance (to game play). The maps are too small for the Exos, they have boring Treyarch, three-lane design and the whole aesthetic looks like a kids TV show with bright colors and such.

The biggest thing AW highlights is how shallow the CoD game play is and this is where Activision and the devs need to focus their attention because there has to be more to the game other than killing because killing is too easy as it is, and when something is easy, it becomes boring, fast.

All CoDs pre-MW3 have good netcode, regardless of engine or dev. The ones after MW3 are horrible because Activision fired the lead netcode coder before MW3 was released.

If I turn off my geo i can have really bad games on Mw and Mw2 and Waw.

Ok. I can say I literally gave up on AW. With or without the R1 this game is unplayable. I jumped into the Destiny MP to convice myself that it can't be worse then AW. Guys it can be worse! 

My advice to you if you don't have fun with a game is - don't play it and don't rage. These games are not worth your time and to get you raged or mad. 

Online MP games are really frustrating to play nowadays.

I think the next game I will buy will be The Witcher 3 for the chillaxing factor :)

But what's the most frustrating online MP game is is Mortal Kombat X. Nothing in the world can help to improve the online experience. 

Not either a Netduma R5. Because the netcode is garbage.

I am in between. I have good games and bad in AW and there is always 1 or 2 players who have that millisecond kill on me. It is frustrating but I learned just to turn the Xbox One off. AW can be fun but I think they made it for the PS4 not Xbox.

Yeah I had this too. But ask yourself - do i really need this? Do I need a broken car which sometimes drives good and sometimes not so good? I say no. I'll rather take the bus or buy another car that works!

Let's be honest. We only play AW and the other crap because we want that good feeling that we had in the past but this feeling will never come again I think. 

Cod players are like zombies. Addicted to a crappy game and can't stop playing. 

I can. I will rather play with barbie dolls and stones in the park than AW and MKX and so on. 

There are really good indie titles out there - try them out. I never got crazy about a indie game and I had a lot of fun. - (Don't starve) 

I did roll all over the floor laughing when I read your comment on CoD players being zombies, barbie dolls and stones in the park. :-)

So true. Even I can't enjoy AW anymore, but the Netduma has definitely improved my gaming experience in previous CoDs and other multiplayer games.

AW is probably my last CoD as I'm not going to preorder BO3. Since the end of the life cycle of Ghosts I've decided to change and now I play Battlefield a lot.

I got a PS4 too. Maybe if you like Battlefield too, then we can play online together. My PSN name is the same as here in this forum. By the way: Ich spreche auch Deutsch. ( I also speak German. ;-) )

AW had the chance to be an innovative game, but SHG botched the execution, IMO.

The maps are just too damn small, the Exo is clunky and not well-thought out and AW resembles a F2P game from the ground up. It launched with the fewest weapons  in CoD history because they wanted all the variants to be bought in Advanced Supply Drops. The customization is pointless (and silly given the color schemes) because unlike an RPG / MMO, it's all aesthetic and provides no user benefits, right or wrong. All of these are gimmicks and don't make the actual game play better.

The biggest thing is it is on a bad branch of the engine (BO2) whereas if it was on one of the IW engines, it may have been slightly better, but we will never know. 

In addition, I think a lot of us have just outgrown CoD because it has stale and simplistic game play that only appeals to the younger crowd and/or those who are new to FPS. The only challenge in AW is sniping because they made sure to rid the game of QS... Which actually takes skill unlike using the over powered BAL and ASM1 to just spray and pray. 

Unbalanced weapons... Yes, but even using one of them I feel like having a delay of 250ms sometimes. Then I check the ping graph inside the Netduma and it says that I'm playing on a stable 40ms connection. This game is just ridiculous with its technical issues. That's the reason why the hit detection feels so unpredictable.

Well, there is a very real and reproducible engine delay that can be seen in Private Match with bots.

Set up one with the bots on either "Hardened" or "Veteran" settings and just play the game.

You will notice things like ADS first, but the bot kills you in one shot... And you watch the bot's kill cam and you weren't even raising your weapon.

The sniper animations & timings are completely off. Get killed by a sniper and notice he/she wasn't even aiming at you and/or reloading. Watch the sniper kill cam and you will how fast the reload is in first person, so it never matches the third person animations from the opposing player's end.

Also, a hold-over from BO2 since it is the same engine:

Come around a corner and watch the delay in kill cam perspectives.

It's just a technical mess and real skill has no bearing even on LAN and bot matches... 

Well, there is a very real and reproducible engine delay that can be seen in Private Match with bots.

Set up one with the bots on either "Hardened" or "Veteran" settings and just play the game.

You will notice things like ADS first, but the bot kills you in one shot... And you watch the bot's kill cam and you weren't even raising your weapon.

The sniper animations & timings are completely off. Get killed by a sniper and notice he/she wasn't even aiming at you and/or reloading. Watch the sniper kill cam and you will how fast the reload is in first person, so it never matches the third person animations from the opposing player's end.

Also, a hold-over from BO2 since it is the same engine:

Come around a corner and watch the delay in kill cam perspectives.

It's just a technical mess and real skill has no bearing even on LAN and bot matches... 

That's right. The delay is definitely not deniable. I always felt like a second behind. First I thought I might have paranoia or something.  :lol:

But as you describe... The situation you see on your screen is not what really happens in that moment.

This is a strong fact where nobody can still be talking about CoD as competitive title, in my opinion.  :wacko:

There is a YouTuber named "OvenBakedMuffin" who does in-depth, visual & technical analysis of every CoD released recently. He also confirms (with video footage) the in-engine delay between client and server, or even client and client like during Split Screen, or LAN.

He's a programmer, and he also explains how easy it would be for the devs at Activision to fix these major things, but they just haven't for one reason, or another... :(

I also spearheaded a movement on the official Activision forums to have the server tick rates increased since they can't keep up with the movement of AW, let alone modern games that run at 60fps vs. 30fps. A lot of people were behind this... Even some of the forum shills... But ultimately, it was an academic exercise since Activision didn't even acknowledge it.  

So I was playing against bots today. Internet obviously not a factor, the game still had issues. Certain parts of the map caused game to slow down. There were points where I lagged against bots!?! And looking at killcam I didn't see them yet but immediately dead but it showed me ahead of where I was when I died. Something isn't right. I know they have to put in motion prediction online but seems it happens offline as well.

I will respectfully disagree, I still play this game and do not see me stopping, Now Ghost, I bailed on, It seems to me the last Infinity Ward offering is a less enjoyable game, but it is all opinion. When I get frustrated, I jump into Dying Light, Far Cry, or now Batman. The R1 has improved my games as I don't see near as many WTF Moments. Standard Settings, US Based Only, very rare for me to get a p2p. Mostly Dedis.

But Then again, I am just an old zombie, who eat barbies & stones.  :P

Ottoman

Archived