black ops 3 on last gen

toby jugs

yup it's confirmed by activision and I assume it must have been in development already when they they said it was current gen only.   :/

either it's gonna be very watered down or it's not gonna stretch current gen as much as hoped.

#backtracking

I have heard 4 player coop on current gen 2 player coop last gen,with the obvious graphics drop and other things taken out that they have not stipulated yet.

Beenox and Mercenary Technology taking on the port.

It really disappoints for me. I am expecting a larger player base on current gen and they drop this crap. By this time last year there were probably around 500 people playing HC S and R. 300 by September. I have no idea (obviously) how many are playing HC S and D at this point, but I'm sure it's the same or worse. :(

The player base is still so large on last gen in comparison to this gen, it makes sense for them but does not push people to buy the new console's i agree.

Yebs i fell kind this same way its like the time to move to a current gen and take a full advantage of what they can do but in that situation they  don't make money out of previous gens and activison is a business and they have to make money so .... no wonder to be honest. I think they will go whit current gen only when the amount of sold consoles will make sense when the do the figures relating to profits.

The player base is still so large on last gen in comparison to this gen, it makes sense for them but does not push people to buy the new console's i agree.

I know not everyone can afford to buy a new system, but they can really take advantage of some different programs if they pay attention. I traded two 360's and old games and walked out with a PS4 for less than $100 at Gamestop . And that was with a game.

Total crap imo, when does it start to make sense from a business standpoint to produce new innovative tech instead of watered down crap for consoles that have been around for almost a decade. Might as well port it over for the Atari as well FML <_<

Total crap imo, when does it start to make sense from a business standpoint to produce new innovative tech instead of watered down crap for consoles that have been around for almost a decade. Might as well port it over for the Atari as well FML <_<

I wonder if they realize they are possibly going to lose lifetime users because of it? I think it would have been a perfect time for Treyarch to set their balls on the table and say "No, it's over". Just goes to show how bad greed is.

What some of you are forgetting is if you own an XB1, or PS4... You're going to play the version of the game which is the one Treyarch considers the definitive one, for obvious reasons. They aren't even doing the port. So, this is almost a moot point if you own the current generation of console.

However, on a related note, I believe both the XB1 and PS4 were released too soon. Not only are the games not there, but the "upgrade" isn't that much. They are basically budget AMD laptops which could have waited at least a year, or two and possibly had better hardware specs to justify the "next generation" title.

What some of you are forgetting is if you own an XB1, or PS4... You're going to play the version of the game which is the one Treyarch considers the definitive one, for obvious reasons. They aren't even doing the port. So, this is almost a moot point if you own the current generation of console.

However, on a related note, I believe both the XB1 and PS4 were released too soon. Not only are the games not there, but the "upgrade" isn't that much. They are basically budget AMD laptops which could have waited at least a year, or two and possibly had better hardware specs to justify the "next generation" title.

I understand what you mean but it doesn't change the fact it will rob possible player base for Blops 3. I personally wouldn't put my self in the circle with a second hand cut rate version of my product. Money is money, but where do you draw the line as a company? There is no pride left these days. Just greed.

Yes i agree I have both systems, I play Mw3 on the 360 and i think it looks better than Aw on the Oneand it should not.

I agree with jconner as well. Both consoles were a huge disappointment. aside from not playing a port on last gen, there wasn't much reason to upgrade to next gen in terms of power and graphics. My 3 year old graphics card on my computer slaughters both PS4 and X1. I bought a $120 card for my son's computer that put it on level.

This might be the quickest oops ever in consoles. These can't be played for 8 years like the last gen. These were already dated before they even came out.

Money is money, but where do you draw the line as a company? There is no pride left these days. Just greed.

Heh... As if ASD purchases weren't about as low as the game could go. I always thought mDLC wasn't very classy at all.

That's my problem with current gen it's just not shiny enough compared to last gen, especially when you see what PC games are doing. 

I have no real desire to go next gen, I bought an xbone when it released and gave it to my godson because I wasn't that impressed with it, luckily he was :)

What really sucks is despite the pcmasterrace movement it is just a loud few and there just aren't the numbers to sustain it nor is there the proper development for it.

I do however if win10 will finally merge the two markets.

I do however if win10 will finally merge the two markets.

They will have to cap win10 players to 60fps or 30fps what ever the game maxes on the one, I can not see pc gamers wanting to cap so low, pushing them to just play other win10 users.

I was meaning all games in general but yeah they might be forced to play cods with console players if they do not have enough on pc to game with.

They will never merge PC and console player base because of the inherent advantage KB&M have over a controller... Supposedly.

I can play equally well with both, but I know I am in a very small minority who made a conscious effort to lean both and play on both very well.

Also, if it is the CoD franchise in general, there could be equal parity because 60fps is 60fps, but PC gamers would want 200fps just because of their "Master Race" hardware... Which is just stupid considering anything over 120 is literally wasted resources (I have a 144Hz gaming monitor, but there are no games on the market that can run at 144fps consistently with everything turned on; I often limit myself to 60Hz / 60fps just to have parity with XB1 and PS4 I also play on).

They need to cut the cord on last gen and focus on making next gen the best possible. I'm guessing this will be the last year on old gen

I slay the pc master race with a controller every free weekend they offer. It's Too much fun.

Other issue since Microsoft acquired minecraft which is available on both are not nearly the same experience at all. That I do play with k/m on gladly. Either way be interesting to see what they do with that... Though scary as well.

They need to cut the cord on last gen and focus on making next gen the best possible. I'm guessing this will be the last year on old gen

I totally read that as cutting cord on PS4/X1... There isn't any headroom on current gen.

Archived