black ops 3 on last gen

toby jugs

What really sucks is despite the pcmasterrace movement it is just a loud few and there just aren't the numbers to sustain it nor is there the proper development for it.

I do however if win10 will finally merge the two markets.

The PC is now being used as a alpha and beta test platform for consoles e.g. ARK: Survival Evolved is going to be released on XB1 and PS4 in 2016, but right now the Early Access is being conducted on Steam. Yes, of course, they will have differences once the game is in the RTM phase, but right now, I can tell all the bug squashing and stress testing of MP servers is to finalize the console versions which will run at 30fps. I'm not a fps whore like a lot of people. Thirty fps is perfectly playable IF it is a rock solid 30fps... Which ARK is currently not capable of maintaining on i7 and GTX 980 hardware. This is why the Early Access is a test for the console versions.

P.S. -- I also slaughter KB&M users with a controller  :P  

I always get the ignorant "aim-assist" accusations that are equated with having a built-in "aim-bot", but I just shrug them off because the "PC Masterrace" kids are usually the small, insecure minority like Procreate, wrote. Besides, I always turn aim-assist off even on the PC because it hinders performance more than aids it.

I totally read that as cutting cord on PS4/X1... There isn't any headroom on current gen.

Huh?

Current gen is way better then old gen.. .plus gets updates before pc/old gen. NEVER said anything about cutting cord to PC. BLOP3 PS4 Exclusive baby!

Huh?

Current gen is way better then old gen.. .plus gets updates before pc/old gen. NEVER said anything about cutting cord to PC. BLOP3 PS4 Exclusive baby!

not really. it's a few years behind where technology is at... and not a huge leap over last gen. it was really one of those meh releases. last gen lasted 9 years. newgen consoles are already behind on release and doomed to be replaced rather soon. i cant imagine them having a 9 year lifespan with their already poor specs. it wasnt really hard to be better than last gen with them being a decade old... they just wont have the same lifespan.

As for the graphics, I can notice quite a difference in graphics from the new gen to last gen.  It really isn't fair to compare it to PC with the upgrades you can do to your PC if you put the money into it.  But as far as systems, these graphics are already better.  But i would like everyone to step back and think about just last gen for a moment.  There was a huge difference in graphic and game quality in the later games than in the earlier games.  The developers were learning the whole time how to push and get more out of the system.  It's way to early to say the jump in graphics isn't there with this gen.  They are just starting, there is plenty of time for the developers to again continue to learn what they can do with and push this new system.  Like previously i expect things to just keep getting better.

I disagree.

The previous generation's leap from the PS2 and XBox was significant in terms of hardware. That's why they lasted more than a decade. The upgrade in hardware this gen isn't significant like Procreate, wrote. So, there may not be any headroom for devs to exploit like there was on the previous generation. 

I own the PS4 and XB1. I also own a gaming PC and gaming laptop circa-2013, and my gaming laptop is probably four, five times more powerful than both current-gen consoles combined. Yes, it costs about four times as much (the price of two PS4 + two XB1), but for a mobile gaming platform it still has better hardware than the current generation of consoles and is only a year and a half old.

Also, it's not just about graphics. 

Games are becoming more complex behind-the-scenes which means the need for more raw multiprocessor processing power is needed. The XB1 and PS4 have mobile AMD CPUs that can be found in business-grade laptops. So, devs may also hit a wall here very soon as well.

yes, the graphics are better than last gen, just not on par with mediocre PC systems which they should be far ahead of. i just dont see developers getting much more out of the hardware. i also see a next gen sooner rather than later, which all current gen will become obsolete again. its almost a death cycle they did with the current gen release. i mean its okay, but even as we see on AW the player base just isnt there anymore. i dont know how other games are faring either, at least multiplayer games that rely on lots of participants.

The main reason consoles will never (most likely) equal low-end PCs graphic and processing power is... Cost.

MS and Sony loose money for every console they produce and sell, ironically, and it is the software, games, that make back the profit... If there is any?

If they were to make consoles the equivalent to gaming laptops that will last at least a few iterations of DX (DirectX), they would not be affordable to the masses. This, and ease-of-use are consoles two main selling points... Especially, for the target demographic which is young children and their parents who foot the bill. 

Archived