Ghosts was so close to the perfect CoD

procreate

aside from IEDs everything else about Ghosts, except maybe better killstreaks [but i still have fun their stock] was in my mind teh perfect Cod. kind of ironic considering the community backlash. the hit detection is spot on 95% of the time. its a gun game... i dont carry lethals or tacticals ever... i saw some noob toobing tonight but wasnt a big deal. 

anyone else think so as well? i made master prestige in it, always wreck in it. SBMM seems perfect. tonight i was in a lobby with another 2+ KDR player and we were always against each other. teams seemed pretty balanced and it was really me or the other guy backbacking the teams.

i really loved Ghosts, i hate so many hated it. in my mind it was as close to a perfect CoD that has ever been released.

judge me.

I didn't have a problem with ghosts at all (I miss C4). Every game has had a certain shine for me since COD1. None have been perfect. The closest for me was COD4. I'm probably just jaded because it was my first online COD, but I don't care. It will most likely stay my all time fave. Maybe less is more.

aside from IEDs everything else about Ghosts, except maybe better killstreaks [but i still have fun their stock] was in my mind teh perfect Cod. kind of ironic considering the community backlash. the hit detection is spot on 95% of the time. its a gun game... i dont carry lethals or tacticals ever... i saw some noob toobing tonight but wasnt a big deal. 

anyone else think so as well? i made master prestige in it, always wreck in it. SBMM seems perfect. tonight i was in a lobby with another 2+ KDR player and we were always against each other. teams seemed pretty balanced and it was really me or the other guy backbacking the teams.

i really loved Ghosts, i hate so many hated it. in my mind it was as close to a perfect CoD that has ever been released.

judge me.

Loved Ghost as well, but i prefer all of IW's games :)  The only real problems i had with it was - Too many really big maps, they should have had another small map or two in it.  The color scheme for the maps was kind of boring; very dull colored maps.  And, most of the kill streaks weren't as good as other CoD's.  The game itself was good though.

For me and the way the game played Ghosts is one of my least played Call of Duty games.

Cod 4 was in my eyes the best most fun game I have ever played with some of the best maps.

MW2 was close but I think they just went too far with the kill streaks and the nuke etc.

Ghosts was a major festival of lag for me as was Black Ops 2 but I did play Ghosts through to the release of Advanced Warfare.

Now I have the R1 in my Armoury I have just today picked up another copy of Black Ops2 (I gave the first one I bought away it was so bad) so will give it another go.

WAW I don't even want to mention but thought I should, What is the emoticon for vomit?

I think the main problem with these games is that they play differently for different people, so what played well for some didn't play well for others.

MW3 I used to host 90% of games and it was a death sentence. literally 0.5 seconds of lag I even invented swear words.

Well I think everybody have right to have opinion. I respect yours my actually its opposite the biggest down side was the colours they use to build this game i am a fan of BO2 colours them i have a big struggle with connections it was first and only cod where i really struggle with positive k/d and so many other issues like people just camping with thermal etc. i know this is just people abusing the system you may hate me bot for me it was the worse COD and i have played all of them. Even now with duma i tried it and i was like no thx 

Heh. The color scheme comment my friend makes. Says he can't see the enemy team. I remind him that's the point of camo.

I'm definitely an IW fan over 3arc. Their code just plays far better in any release.

I just really like playing ghosts a lot more than anything else. It just feels so nice to me. I have been playing them all a lot lately too.

I, too, like Ghosts.

If you're an older player who is used to Military Sims, Ghosts comes as close to one as CoD has ever had, but still retains its arcade shooter roots. The momentum based movement, the physics and everything else in Ghosts is top notch, IMO. It has the best parts of mil-sims + arcade shooters rolled into one. I also like the art design a lot better than Treyarch because IW games look more realistic and gritty... Not all bright with primary colors that are clearly designed for kids.

The downside to Ghosts is the maps were too big... Even though the community kept demanding them be bigger!

However, the DLC map packs for Ghosts fixed that problem, and I still play bot matches on them to this day considering there is almost nobody online even with the R1.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late on this topic, but I hated ghosts. Most of the levels were too big, constant campers with thermals, and long periods of no interaction which led to letting my guard down which led to dying. I prefer the Treyarch games to be honest. All the games through BLOPS were good, I didn't care for MW3, BLOPS 2 levels were lame designs, but at least they were small and fun.

Great Maps:

Octane

Tremor**

Freight

Warhawk

Strikezone

none of those were "big"

even big maps like:

whiteout

overlord

stonehaven

prison break

were all great, i rushed the hell out of all of those and the helo pilot was great on those.

as for DLC:

Bayview

Ignition*

Fog

Behemoth**

Unearthed*

Pharaoh

Departed!

Mutiny

Subzero

Goldrush

Dynasty

all played great.

** killer shotgun maps

of all the maps there was only Stormfront that played really slow with thermals...

Departed had my favorite killstreak ever! and one of most fun maps ive played.

i rarely came across campers and when i did, they were easily exterminated. BO2 maps werent that much smaller than the ones i mentioned. Carrier was a targetfinder fest, studio was a lame remake of a worn out map, did we really need nuketown AGAIN? cargo wasnt small, neither was downhill, encore was horrible, express was so stupid with people camping the top control room, magma wasnt small either, mirage had horrible choke points, turbine was HUGE... aftermath was a mess.

only maps i liked were plaza for shotguns, hijcked for shotguns, standoff, raid and slums for SMGs.

nevermind all the QSers in BO2. i tried to play a few weeks ago, went nuts only hearing sniper rifles going off the whole game. plus the movement is sludgy compared to ghosts. the biggest problem above all else was BO2's horrid hit detection that still to this day is not fixed. Ghosts plays like a dream in comparison.

I really like Ghosts as well , its strange Procreate as i have been playing bops2 and it has had wicked hit detection since buying the Netduma.

It may have somethiing to do with where you are based.

I was not in the right mind set yesterday when i went to game got my arse handed to me on mw3 and bops2 but i know it was my mind that was not firing on all cylinders, state of mind plays a huge part in gaming, if you tell yourself the game is crap it will be crap.

yeah, netduma doesnt help in the least for BO2. its just horrid. i have a friend who only likes to only play that and MW3. mostly we play MW3 because its better than BO2 but sometimes i have to play BO2 with him, i go from high KD/flawless games in MW3 dropping reapers>AC130s to like 0.2KDR games in BO2. i cant even get a shot off before i am dead and when i am behind someone it takes most of a clip to take someone down, i have even had to reload before. bullets just dont connect on that game at all. whatever they did with their engine/netcode does NOT agree with where i am at. Ghosts on the other had i can count my fire sounds to know when i get the kill. its just a miserable experience. i almost broke the disc last time we played, i ended up just turning off the xbox.

I played the crap out of Ghosts and this was coming from a guy who loves rushing and continued rushing in the game.  It was tricky at first but that game is VERY predictable unlike AW where an enemy could spawn right behind you at any moment.  Many people played very defensively and campy but there was a huge reward for breaking through a side lane and being able to take out an entire team unsuspectingly from the back.  I was a 4kdr player in it and that was just by moving constantly and using the Gryphon which gets me about 10 free kills every game.  Ghosts was easy and less frustrating than AW for me.

You know something I've been reading from other people is that those who stuck and tried with AW and adapted to a rushing play style (you pretty much have to rush in AW to be successful if you play solo) returned to Ghosts and found themselves to be better players with better twitch/muscle memory aim.  I think what people should be thankful for in AW is ultimately making them a better player because of SBMM and having to learn to aim at a moments notice anywhere on the screen.  Iron sharpens iron as they say.

Archived