Im a bit disappointed

procreate

Let me say I know this was probably in netdumas best marketing interests but watching Twitter today and seeing driftor push the netduma after historically saying he has "special tools" kind of made him a special tool in my eyes. It's getting disgusting what [hoes] these YT [persons] have become. I could tolerate him before but have now unsubbed him. Was the last CoD person I was subbed to. There is just no honesty there.

Again. Post is about YT people, not netduma. If this post is in conflict of rules I don't mind if it gets deleted and understand. Just had to vent in off-topic forum.

edited: took out profanity

Yea i hate the fact he has had this product for so long and hasnt really talked about it like he is scared the developers are gonna find out

I may or may not be able to say he was paid to NOT talk about it.

His information has been horribly inaccurate anyway. One day this is the a horrible gun, the next it's the best op gun ever. Get your facts straight before spreading lies.

what did you expect, most youtubers are like a flag fluttering in the wind, always turn with the current breeze

if you had more contacts within the scene youd be shocked to find out how blatant youtubers ask for free stuff by giving the donnating company the perspective to see a review on the channel, just to ebay the item or G2A the code as soon as it arrived

i dont know what happened between driftor and netduma and i also dont care, its their business

though i know from other small companies that supporting youtubers rarely pays off

just checked driftors youtube channel and it doesnt meet my taste, CoD is boring to watch as theres no skillgap and he also doesnt have great skill either to make this boring game watchfull (like hunter-punter haha)

he seems to do lots of gun reviews, since you unsubbed i recommend you to get your infos on weapons directly from symthic.com next time, that way you can tell by your own if a weapon is good or not and how a patch changed a weapon

oh shit, he sucks as a player. his lobbies are easy street.

i dont care either what happened between netduma and driftor. it is what it is.

CoD has a huge skillgap TBH. its who and kill and who has no thumbs. they keep trying to even that field but never completely will.

this kind of shit is killing YT channels TBH.

i dont care about weapon info honestly, i genereally get my own info from what i like and what works with my own playstyle.

ugh.

i hear ya!

• Administrators

Hey guys just responding from the phone. 

I understand your points but with Brad (Drift0r) I assure you its not the case. He has had the router since beta testing(8 months ago) he loves it but couldn't discuss it purely due to legal reasons(not us). 

TBH, i would have rather seen a mark of J endorsement or PWN* instead of driftor. whats next? tmartn? i will sell me r1 if that happens.

Yeah PWN is my fav player he destroys and is the kind of guy i feel dont give a F*** about sponsors :). Also tmartn has to be the most annoying little shite on YouTube, his voice is just irritating.  

• Netduma Staff

It seams a bit unfair that there are such harsh assumptions being made about him regarding the Netduma when there is certainly something else we don't know about going on behind the scenes.

Just because he hasn't been able to talk about it doesn't mean he hasn't wanted to talk about it. He talked about it in some of his Tweets before hand and said good things about it. He also mentioned on Twitter (as Iain has also) that it was a legal reason so couldn't help not talking about it.

I still like drift0r.  At the end of the day these guys spend a lot of time making videos so sponsorship or trying to get some kind of revenue stream is inevitable and that will always come with a shitload of politics out of their control.

• Administrators

Just to add a bit more to Iain's comment, 8 months or so ago, before we had launched, no one had heard of us. There were two big things on our mind:

1. Do we have product that people even want? This might now seem ridiculous, but it was a genuine concern

2. Will anyone famous be kind enough to give our tiny little company a boost and test / promote our router?

So we emailed Drift0r and instead of ignoring us like many others could have done, he responded and agreed to test our router. He then fell in love with it and I would say that even to this day, the call Iain and I had with Drift0r was our #1 highlight. We finally had confirmation that our product didn't suck and that he we had someone big who was happy to help us launch.

Then due to events that are completely unrelated to Netduma and out of Drift0r's control, he hasn't been able to give his opinion until now and we are so happy that at last he can tell his followers what he thinks.

Finally - everyone is entitled to their opinion on his channel so don't worry about this thread being removed etc. It may not be to your taste and I imagine if Drift0r read this page he wouldn't mind the negative comments, you can't please everyone after all! 

Again, this has nothing to do with netduma router itself... Or the company. Obviously it was a good decision to sponser him, BUT it is about the 'i can't talk about it, I have special tool's comments he has made. Who the hell lives their life like that??? It's pretty pathetic if you can't honestly just say/mention what it is... Sponsored or not.

• Administrators

Again, this has nothing to do with netduma router itself... Or the company. Obviously it was a good decision to sponser him, BUT it is about the 'i can't talk about it, I have special tool's comments he has made. Who the hell lives their life like that??? It's pretty pathetic if you can't honestly just say/mention what it is... Sponsored or not.

I can see why it might look like that but if you can take my word for it, that was not Drift0r's fault.

I know it's a legal issue but still don't agree,I feel like if someone want's to recommend or bash (either way) something they should be able to do it.

It's also a business and I understand that,but was also a little bummed when I saw his tweet about the duma.But don't get it twisted I still want you guys to be a huge success and wish you all the best,just hate all the legal BS.

I know it's a legal issue but still don't agree,I feel like if someone want's to recommend or bash (either way) something they should be able to do it.

It's also a business and I understand that,but was also a little bummed when I saw his tweet about the duma.But don't get it twisted I still want you guys to be a huge success and wish you all the best,just hate all the legal BS.

thats basically what i was trying to say... with tequila added to it.

Let me say I know this was probably in netdumas best marketing interests but watching Twitter today and seeing driftor push the netduma after historically saying he has "special tools" kind of made him a special tool in my eyes. It's getting disgusting what [hoes] these YT [persons] have become. I could tolerate him before but have now unsubbed him. Was the last CoD person I was subbed to. There is just no honesty there.

Again. Post is about YT people, not netduma. If this post is in conflict of rules I don't mind if it gets deleted and understand. Just had to vent in off-topic forum.

edited: took out profanity

Well, this been a pretty fun read. Not exactly how I wanted to start my time on these forums but here goes...

...I've a Netduma R1 for 8 months now. Since Day #1 I've loved it. It has been a great device. I wanted to show it off immediately, but was involved in legal issues that I cannot talk about with another company. I know this is vague but I am legally barred from ever publicly mentioning either the other company or the issues for another several years. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had doing YouTube. It took me forever to solve those problems and be legally allowed to work with Netduma.

It wasn't about money either. I really can't say much more. Like seriously, I'm barred from discussing the issue publicly. Not interested in opening another legal can of nightmares on these forums.

As for why I am working with Netduma, I like the product and saw an opportunity to make some money by being among the first to show it off. I don't see anything wrong with either of those. The R1 has been my primary router for 8 months now and it has been a good 8 months for me connection wise. No foriegn hosts, easy to look up ping if I feel like the connection is choppy on CoD, easy VPN (though I don't use it often), easy QoS, and easy port forwarding. It really is great for hardcore gamers.

Welcome to the forums drift0r your videos are my favorite's on you tube, brown nosing aside it is normaly a very peaceful place to hang out here.

I hope you stay around and help us with our posts when you have a chance :)

Welcome drift0r nice to see you here like buddy above sad i like you content A lot learn from i big time and grate to have you here with us as this is a garte community sorry forgoing off topic could not stop my self though

Hey Drift0r, always liked your YouTube vids, amongst the best out there IMO. Welcome to the forums.

I understand fully what you're saying regarding legal issues, I work a lot with corporates and am under NDA for a lot if stuff I do, things can get very complicated very fast when the lawyers get involved.

It's easy to say people should just be able to say what they want but life's just not that simple.

Keep up the good work

Archived