Preemptive & Reactive issues?

When I do a speed test and the R1 is set to Preemptive, I get only 43mb/s down, yet when I set the R1 to Reactive, I get 64mb/s down.

yet it never effects the upload speeds at all?

So shoud I use Reactive and congestion control @ 70% down & up  - with Hyper-Traffic set for my xbox one & ps4

• Netduma Staff

Those settings sound good to me; whichever algorithm gives you the higher speed is the one you should use. Generally reactive is for people with speeds higher than 50mbps, so stick with reactive.

Sorry to answer a question with a question but what is more important to you gameplay or bandwidth. Try them both and see which one you get better gameplay with then use it for gaming. I would always use reactive for bandwidth purposes though.

preemptive helps to reduce spiking in gaming so i am lead to believe. I am on BT and play with 50% on preemptive when gaming only and then switch to 100^ reactive when not gaming. you do not need high speeds for gaming just very low ping as possible and as little jitter as possible too. The settings I use work for me as i am a hardcore tdm player primarily and i regularly get 25+ kills per game.

Just my opinion but I would also go with the one that gives you better and more consistent gameplay, the speed is irrelevant since gaming takes so little bandwidth.

I have low speeds and preemptive always has worked great for me. Reactive is a nightmare. I really wish I could argue and say that it's not but sadly I've never tested it. Though it's weird I've seen alot of people using preemptive and they have fiber and good speeds. I guess what it all comes down to is what one you notice working best, and don't forget about the hyper lane. I can tell when my ports for call of duty are not in it vs when they are even if it's only slight that slight is all it takes to win or lose the gunfight

Archived