Happy Anniversary Netduma!!

Dillinger

Happy Anniversary Netduma guys!  

Hard to believe it's only been two years!?

So many changes.  

The first update.  The Coal Mine and the Canaries were formed. They were in 50 countries.  A forum member became an employee (Shout out to CrossyEu).  More updates followed with forum ideas being implemented.  They were now in over 100 countries.  Awards were won.  They were suddenly on Amazon for sale.  A massive update undertaking from the ground up was planned and begun.  Even more Awards were won.  I don't even know how many countries they are in these days... almost all of them?

I still remember a day, two years ago next week, when I saw a story on CharlieIntel about this new router that supposedly let you restrict WHERE your host in P2P matchmaking.

I was playing Black Ops 2 at the time, in house where there was always something streaming, and I used to rage about getting hosted in another country, or 3 states away.  BO2 is definitely a connection dependent game, and little did I know (as a former cable guy who had wired his own home) how many little things were ACTUALLY affecting my gunfights.

All I read of the article, I remember, was where they talked about 1) YOU can restrict a host radius with easy to use software and 2) IT WAS FOR SALE!

I did some Google-Fu and had ordered one before the afternoon was out.  I was grinding this game every single day and if there was a way to give me a better fighting chance (oh, little did I know) then it was worth the investment.

The router showed up, I hooked it up, and immediately saw a world of improvement in my scores and my K/D.  The wife was over the moon because she could watch or stream whatever she wanted, and I was wiping people off maps that used to have me rage quitting.

There has been just so many changes, not just with the router, but the packaging, the name recognition, sponsorships and poor Fraser not the only one on the forum day and night.

I am really proud to be part of that First Shipment Early Adopter crew.  I still have that NetDuma running the house and I am still glad I decided to give this little start-up out of the UK my money for a product I didn't fully understand at the time.

Congratulations Guys!  I expect you to give us First Adopters all personal shout-outs when you get interviewed by Forbes.   :D

JD

yep, Congratulations guys, I was a little later to the party but still an early adopter getting mine in February 2015. Still going strong.

Nice to see you get recognition with the awards etc.

I also remember looking at a few reviews then calling on here to ask a few questions and to me it was a no brainer. As an old git my eyes are old and bent and my reactions aint what they used to be but I could see the potential in what the R1 offered so ordered there and then.

I was going to give up on Advanced Warfare but the introduction of the R1 to my gaming set up changed all that and I played that game to the last day.

Also met some pretty cool folks on the forum and online to game with. Had some great nights gaming with some of the guys even though some of us are half the world apart.

Good luck with OS2 and congratulations again on making it through two years, it's tough in business.

You guys are gonna be retiring sooner than I have and I thought I was early at 47. lol

Well done and Happy festives. :)

Happy Anniversary Netduma guys! 

I am really proud to be part of that First Shipment Early Adopter crew.  I still have that NetDuma running the house and I am still glad I decided to give this little start-up out of the UK my money for a product I didn't fully understand at the time.

Except this router sucks and it's a scam so give me a refund.

Minor things I wish I had known before hand with modem compatibility with the router. But once I had the suitable modem. Everything has been amazing actually. The router will not make you magically GODLY in games. I repeat the routher will not make you magically GODLY in games. But it will get rid of a lot of of those rage moments. But also, will have some moments where you see where "certain" games netcoding is out of your control and have to deal with what you have. 

Looking forward to the next stage of such an amazing product. 

Happy Anniversary guys from the old Bundy drinker, I'm a reasonable late comer to the group and router myself,knew absolutely nothing about routers at all...still don't but this router helped me understand gaming more, as well as isp issues ..plus met some really nice people on the forum and gaming.

Congrats to all at the Duma team

It's been a quick 2 years Duma boys and you guys have done a great job with the router.IMO it's still a great device (and will be much improved with 2.0),a great forum with top notch customer service.How many companies heads actually respond personally to questions and interact with customers and members on the forum ?

I'm sure you guys will continue to be ahead of the curve with your firmware and creations when it comes to gaming and I'm sure there are also more awards and recognition to come.But agree with JD the mods need a raise... :D

I've meet a lot of really great people on the forums and some assholes to, you know who you are but for the most part there majority of the people on here are cool and just people who are gamers and want to have fun with it.

It's been cool to watch the company grow before my eyes and I'm sure it will continue.

Wishing the whole Duma crew continued success and let's roll out 2.0 as it's causing me to loose sleep at night... ;)

Again keep on doing what your doing boys...which is changing gaming forever.

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the party I know...

Just wanted to add my 'Happy New Year' and congrats on the awards and whatnot.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait for the new OS.

Unfortunately I have no new poem to top the ping one I'm afraid, I've got the flu and I'm next to useless at the moment.

But I have been doing some testing today because of a new modem...

Because of the various ISP issues I've had, and the shonky modem/router combo I've been using, I didn't fully appreciate how well the Netduma works until today.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19746-does-congestion-control-work/

Mmm, noice.

Archived