Speed and Upload VERY Low. NAT Type issues, Ping issues.

I've struggled with Netduma since the day i opened it. I pay for 300Mb Down, 100Mb Up and am getting 6-10Mb down and 100 Kbps Up. I get a message regulalrly that states R1 cannot ping due to VPN issues or firewall security issues. Ive read forums, watched videos and CANNOT get this machine to run like i was told it would. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME

be patient with us as there can be delays in responses but we promise we will get you there.     Quick question does your isp modem/router have dmz and have you put the duma address your isp router gave it into the dmz?

5503371550.png

• Administrators

For your speeds:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Enable super turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

For your ping issue http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000022397-why-can-t-i-ping-

• Netduma Staff

If those settings don't make a difference, please provide more information here such as: What devices do the problems occur on, whether it occurs on more than one device, what ISP you are on - the more you tell us the closer we get to the problem.

Doing a speed test and sending us screenshots of the full results would be a good start as well.

be patient with us as there can be delays in responses but we promise we will get you there.     Quick question does your isp modem/router have dmz and have you put the duma address your isp router gave it into the dmz?

5503371550.png

yes, i have entered the duma address in the router providded by isp and still nothing. I have turbo mode ticked, deep packet un ticked, reactive, sliders at 100, upload, share excess, hyper traffic for ps4, cookies enabled... man, the thing still runs like I'm on dial up

If those settings don't make a difference, please provide more information here such as: What devices do the problems occur on, whether it occurs on more than one device, what ISP you are on - the more you tell us the closer we get to the problem.

Doing a speed test and sending us screenshots of the full results would be a good start as well.

not sure how to get screenshot posted here with mac book pro. Problems occur on PS4's, Comcast is my ISP

When i run a Ping Diognostics it says ping is terrible, jitter is terrible, speed is ok and no packet loss. Online games are impossible to play with the netduma, now with the router/modem from Comcast PS4 runs fine, in fact i get amazing speeds with no lag, it only occurs with the Netduma.. This is Completely mind blowing. 

Turbo Mode.. Checked

Super Turbo Mode.. Checked

Deep Packet.. Un Checked

Cookies Enabled 

Reactive 

Share Excess.. Checked

iPV6 Disabled

WHEN SPEED TESTS ARE DONE WITH ISP MODEM AND ROUTER (WIRELESSLY) I GET 300 MBPS DOWN, 50 MBPS DOWN

WHEN SPEED TESTS ARE DONE WITH NETDUMA I GET 50 MBPS DOWN, 6 MBPS UP

Why is there that massive of a differenve

ok this may be a silly question, but it needs asking.......have you inputted your speeds into the netduma under anti flood? Also how is the netduma physically connected to your isp modem/router (as in which port). Is the netduma in the dmz? There are a lot of variables to go through.

4547119.png

• Administrators

Are you doing the speed test wirelessly as you are with your ISP hub? If so what do you get through a wired speed test? 

If you followed all of the settings above that I gave there should be no reason that you are receiving slower speeds.

I would just have to ask like posted above if you put speeds into the duma and let it configure it.

And is the duma into your ISP's modem / router's DMZ

And is it set up and actually working properly,can you see the GF and hosts / players when you have it turned on.

And have you checked to make sure there is no issues with VPN or firewall issues on your computer that would conflict with it.

Are the only issues your having with your speeds or are there more issues.

Are you doing the speed test wirelessly as you are with your ISP hub? If so what do you get through a wired speed test? 

If you followed all of the settings above that I gave there should be no reason that you are receiving slower speeds.

This is literally all you have to say, DAY #8 dealing with Netduma issues, LOW SPEEDS AND INSANE LAG. All you ask is "am i doing speed test wirelessly" CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE... Yes, i do the test wired and wirelessly, Fraser. WITHOUT THE NETDUMA I GET 300 MBPS DOWN AND 100 UP>>> WITH THE NETDUMA I GET 30 MBPS DOWN AND 6 UP.. I HAVE FOLLOWED ALL OF YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND READ EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS NOT EMPLOYEES OF NETDUMA SUGGESTIONS... STILL, SAME PROBLEM AS BEFORE, JUST A WEEK LATER!

Is there not a way for Netduma to send a 5g signal to my PS4... All other routers have that capability and if I remember correctly the netduma use to have that feature? 

To answer questions: Yes, i have enteered my speeds into anti flood. Yes, router details are entered in ISP modem. Im not sure which port, ISP modem has 4 ports.

Yes, Geo Filter works and i have disabled firewall and disabled vpn

​The only issue is speed and ping spikes, i have checked all connections and they are secured and tight 

​This is the most frustrating experience I've ever had with a router, seriously. 

Just to be clear, I have a modem/router from Comcast(ISP). All iPads, TV's, Cell Phones and Computers run off of it. The only device that runs off of Netduma is my PS4. I am at a complete loss on what to do at this point. I've tried everything and would love to use it because I really enjoy the geo filter. Would anyone be willing to talk with me over the phone or Skype to do a walkthrough of my settings for troubleshooting?

All devices are to run from the Netduma not on the ISP router, you are not using the congestion control doing it the way you are, so the other devices cause local congestion and localised jitter.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_getting_started

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_settings

• Administrators

This is literally all you have to say, DAY #8 dealing with Netduma issues, LOW SPEEDS AND INSANE LAG. All you ask is "am i doing speed test wirelessly" CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE... Yes, i do the test wired and wirelessly, Fraser. WITHOUT THE NETDUMA I GET 300 MBPS DOWN AND 100 UP>>> WITH THE NETDUMA I GET 30 MBPS DOWN AND 6 UP.. I HAVE FOLLOWED ALL OF YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND READ EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS NOT EMPLOYEES OF NETDUMA SUGGESTIONS... STILL, SAME PROBLEM AS BEFORE, JUST A WEEK LATER!

The reason I asked is because you mentioned doing a wireless test from the ISP but not from the duma so I was trying to clarify. Given it wasn't clear which device this was happening with it was hard to see exactly the issue. Now I looked back I see you said PS4 inside a quote which can easily be missed.

Is there not a way for Netduma to send a 5g signal to my PS4... All other routers have that capability and if I remember correctly the netduma use to have that feature? 

To answer questions: Yes, i have enteered my speeds into anti flood. Yes, router details are entered in ISP modem. Im not sure which port, ISP modem has 4 ports.

Yes, Geo Filter works and i have disabled firewall and disabled vpn

​The only issue is speed and ping spikes, i have checked all connections and they are secured and tight 

​This is the most frustrating experience I've ever had with a router, seriously. 

The software is able to cater for 5GHz as at the time it wasn't clear which hardware we were going to use. As it's a hardware limitation it has since been removed. 

Just to be clear, I have a modem/router from Comcast(ISP). All iPads, TV's, Cell Phones and Computers run off of it. The only device that runs off of Netduma is my PS4. I am at a complete loss on what to do at this point. I've tried everything and would love to use it because I really enjoy the geo filter. Would anyone be willing to talk with me over the phone or Skype to do a walkthrough of my settings for troubleshooting?

Now that you have actually clarified your setup it makes more sense, congestion control is not able to work correctly unless ALL devices are connected through the R1. Do you actually get full speeds through a wired PC through the duma? Is it just the PS4 speeds you are concerned with as the inbuilt test can be inaccurate. There are speed test sites you can use with the console browser that will be more accurate. If that is your concern though you do not need high speeds as gaming doesn't use much bandwidth at all.

All devices are to run from the Netduma not on the ISP router, you are not using the congestion control doing it the way you are, so the other devices cause local congestion and localised jitter.

​Do you believe this will help with speeds, lag/ping spikes?

​Do you believe this will help with speeds, lag/ping spikes?

Also, will this hurt the other devices in my house, i do not want to render those people and devices at the expense of my gaming. Thank you

The reason I asked is because you mentioned doing a wireless test from the ISP but not from the duma so I was trying to clarify. Given it wasn't clear which device this was happening with it was hard to see exactly the issue. Now I looked back I see you said PS4 inside a quote which can easily be missed.

The software is able to cater for 5GHz as at the time it wasn't clear which hardware we were going to use. As it's a hardware limitation it has since been removed. 

Now that you have actually clarified your setup it makes more sense, congestion control is not able to work correctly unless ALL devices are connected through the R1. Do you actually get full speeds through a wired PC through the duma? Is it just the PS4 speeds you are concerned with as the inbuilt test can be inaccurate. There are speed test sites you can use with the console browser that will be more accurate. If that is your concern though you do not need high speeds as gaming doesn't use much bandwidth at all.

When connected directly to the netduma the speeds are better for sure and i know PS$ tests are not 100% accurate but its noticebly better. The bandwidth and speed is for the rest of my house and the devices, there are 2 PS4's and many devices so the bandwidth is a necessity. Do you believe that my problem is that all devices aren't connected to the netduma? Would that cause these issues I'm having with lag, ping, and speed issues? Thanks 

Thank you for the advice, i will give this a try, it will take a little effort getting e everyone on the duma lol 

Thank you for the advice, i will give this a try, it will take a little effort getting e everyone on the duma lol 

Depending on your comcast modem the option might be in the settings to enable bridge mode... If it is not, you can contact comcast by phone or online chat and tell them you want to use your own router and you need them to put your modem (or their term is "gateway") into bridge mode

Then plug your netduma into port 1 on your modem, reboot the modem by unplugging it and plugging it back in and see how it works... Although you won't be getting 300 Mbps on the netduma's wifi that's for sure lol

OR

Do what I did and buy your own modem (cutting the $10 rental fee monthly). That lets you have just a modem, without a built in router and wifi because those comcast modem/router combo units definitely made my ping higher and more unstable when I had one for a few days.

• Administrators

The ping/jitter spikes etc that you're having is because you're not able to use the congestion control. As you have high speeds the duma wifi won't be able to hit that. So if that is a huge necessity you may need to look into something like an AP router for those speeds if you want to retain the R1's congestion control which by your issues I would recommend.

• Administrators

I also reflected the same problem until now was fine and then suddenly gives me half of the connection

Please start your own thread if you're having issues. Speed - http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000022366-why-is-my-connection-speed-lower-

Archived