Anyone notice the lag?

lthoma89

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried putting your pin around L.A. or San Diego? You might be able to hook on there to another host without connecting to Seattle. You could keep a low radius to stay away from Washington all together.

I've tried MANY times!  On a rare occasion, I would hook up with a Cali Dedi, but I would get booted after the game ends.  It seems that everything for me, I got to go thru the Seattle Dedi.  I pretty much have no choice.  :(

• Netduma Staff

I've tried MANY times!  On a rare occasion, I would hook up with a Cali Dedi, but I would get booted after the game ends.  It seems that everything for me, I got to go thru the Seattle Dedi.  I pretty much have no choice.  :(

Maybe you  could look for a cloud version where it is mis-located - you could then keep your home location in the same place but the deed would be mapped somewhere else :)

FAWK advanced warfare already!  Even with R1, its unplayable!  I'm sick of this crap already!  The Seattle server is the only way we can play here in Hawaii!  If I avoid it, I can't even find a match.  California servers don't even show up and if they do, its only for 1 match.  Not blaming Duma, I'm blaming the "usual" suspects for this one

Ok i did some testing and i think it has something to do with netduma. I did speedtest for modem to pc, modem to netduma and pc wireless, and modem to an old belkin router and wireless. The upload speeds were roughly the same for all three test. The download speeds were drastically low with the netduma. Ive got my cap set to 100% for download and upload. Any reason why my speed is lower for the netduma?

Yes sir! I have the same problem. I can set my PA from 30 to 70 and still end up in Seattle or I just get booted over and over. At the point I do connect it's in GA with a ping of 80 and high spikes. FYI I'm in Florida. All the R1 updates are crap! cookies COOL! should have been there in the first place. WIFI workaround shouldn't have been necessary. When you browse the forums the greater majority have issues with AW. Because that's what most ppl play. Why not devote more energy to it. I see a Destiny update but I've yet to see one for AW. I don't think I'm the only one? Show of hands from those of you who bought this R1 router with AW in mind. I know it can't be perfect but for $200.00 come on! 

My speeds do the same when I run the test from the Duma. When ran from main hub speeds are just fine. IDK

It is NOT the router. It is AW and their servers and netcode. When they are working properly the R1 only adds to the gaming experience.

Maybe you  could look for a cloud version where it is mis-located - you could then keep your home location in the same place but the deed would be mapped somewhere else :)

I did.  I posted in another thread about the old cloud data and what works for me at the moment

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yes sir! I have the same problem. I can set my PA from 30 to 70 and still end up in Seattle or I just get booted over and over. At the point I do connect it's in GA with a ping of 80 and high spikes. FYI I'm in Florida. All the R1 updates are crap! cookies COOL! should have been there in the first place. WIFI workaround shouldn't have been necessary. When you browse the forums the greater majority have issues with AW. Because that's what most ppl play. Why not devote more energy to it. I see a Destiny update but I've yet to see one for AW. I don't think I'm the only one? Show of hands from those of you who bought this R1 router with AW in mind. I know it can't be perfect but for $200.00 come on! 

My speeds do the same when I run the test from the Duma. When ran from main hub speeds are just fine. IDK

MrPapa, please try and be respectful. We have launched 10 updates since release in December. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a company that cares as much about our customers as we do. In regards to the Destiny update there was something we could do on our end to optimise it, so we did. In regards to AW, we of course know that the majority of our customers play this game. If theres anything we can do, we will do it, as evidenced by everything we have added to the router since launch that many people have asked for. If you look around the forum you will find that many people are having problems with AW regardless of them getting low ping games with the R1. Theres only so much we can do on our end. Rest assured if theres a solution we will find it. If you have any suggestions on what you think we can do to optimise AW for everyone please do let us know.

If any anger needs directing I think it is at the makers of AW. The R1 does exactly what it says on the tin.

Tonight the game has been horrible, either cannot connect to server error 8224 which is a game server issue or the lag is horrendous.

I am getting good pings so I know it is not the R1 it is the game.

Oh well I am off on my holidays (vacation for you over the pond) in a weeks time so I will be able to return with a whole fresh view on things.

Oh and btw Black ops 3 has been announced the reveal will be on the 26th April I think.

Hope the gadget show stuff is going well guys Keep up the great work.

Look out Maldives Bagsta is heading your way :)

Let me put it another way. Most ppl seam to be buying this router for AW. Does the netduma lower ping in AW? I see a dedicated server in Fl and one in GA but can't seem to connect to them. there goes any chance of a 30 40 50 60 or even 70ms ping. I did say I connect to GA in an earlier post ( my B ) I meant NC. I can avoid servers but can't connect to the ones within my radius. that's just silly! when the GEO FILTER is off I still end up connecting to the same servers as when it's on or at least the ones I am able to connect to when it's on. I'm really not sure how beneficial that is? In fact it's going on an hour and I still haven't found a game. Yep my system just turned off. My point is, ppl are buying this router under the impression a lower ping is going to help in AW but that's not the case. Ping apparently is not relevant in AW. I hate to be the one to tell you but all your comments are not going to be ( I love netduma! Go netduma). I apologize if my voice isn't the pinnacle of sales for ya. If it's a problem with AW, well so be it. Either way it should be noted that this product is rendered useless in AW. I didn't comment on the support. ( Don't be so sensitive). It's fair for ppl to know the downside before they spend 200 dollars. True? While I'm at it I should mention my WIFI is still disconnecting despite the workaround. 

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=what_does_the_router_do

The router cannot fix bad coding in a game. AW or not AW. I myself have been having problems for the last two days. That's two days out of around 60 since I purchased the R1.

I can understand your frustration I really can and I will say that up until the last couple of days myself and many people here have been having nothing but a great experience from the R1 even on the lack lustre dedicated servers.

I don't think anybody is being over sensitive about anything and I have found this forum a very pleasant change from the usual rude comments and abusive arrogant comments that you see every day on the official AW forums.

People here try to help get issues resolved and if you read the home page you will see that support is currently taking a little longer than usual due to them been away at the moment. That said support is still coming in more so than the makers of the game AW.

Have you tried contacting Activision and asking them why you are having such issues? How long are you waiting for a reply or answer or solution to your questions from them? the makers of the game that you are having issues with?

The spikes I have been having myself for the last two days with problems connecting to the servers at times (which is not an R1 problem) and just to give you an idea of time as a concept it takes you around 300-400 ms to blink so a a ping of 80 ms is pretty good. The game itself has something around a 200 ms built in lag factor and will allow people to connect to a lobby with up to 800 ms that's nearly a full second of lag. So again I would say that the R1 IS doing it's job.

I have not played AW for ages as BF plays soooooo much better but i went on because a freind wanted to party up, so three of us did.

He was the lobby leader and his k/d aint great so this makes the players real easy for me , i did not do this on purpose he invited me.

Pings to server 24ms.

So i am going ham but the same prob one game would play real well 32/3 then the next these guys that were just standing there taking it in the last round are still are inanimate objects but i am putting 5 shots to the head to be then killed.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Let me put it another way. Most ppl seam to be buying this router for AW. Does the netduma lower ping in AW? I see a dedicated server in Fl and one in GA but can't seem to connect to them. there goes any chance of a 30 40 50 60 or even 70ms ping. I did say I connect to GA in an earlier post ( my B ) I meant NC. I can avoid servers but can't connect to the ones within my radius. that's just silly! when the GEO FILTER is off I still end up connecting to the same servers as when it's on or at least the ones I am able to connect to when it's on. I'm really not sure how beneficial that is? In fact it's going on an hour and I still haven't found a game. Yep my system just turned off. My point is, ppl are buying this router under the impression a lower ping is going to help in AW but that's not the case. Ping apparently is not relevant in AW. I hate to be the one to tell you but all your comments are not going to be ( I love netduma! Go netduma). I apologize if my voice isn't the pinnacle of sales for ya. If it's a problem with AW, well so be it. Either way it should be noted that this product is rendered useless in AW. I didn't comment on the support. ( Don't be so sensitive). It's fair for ppl to know the downside before they spend 200 dollars. True? While I'm at it I should mention my WIFI is still disconnecting despite the workaround. 

Yes I believe it does, I was one of the first to have this router as a tester. It worked so well for me that I wanted to work for the company to help other people experience what I was experiencing. If you are having problems, please post a thread with as many details as possible, specifically the things we ask for in this thread http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1241-lag-support/if there is anything we can do to help lower your ping then we will do that. Lower ping is relational to how well the game performs. AW seems to be a special case in that people can have a low ping and still sometimes it doesn't perform as well as it did a game ago. We have never asked for people to say they love us or promote us, I welcome any feedback and suggestions people have good or bad. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is useless for AW as many people have seen a significant improvement. We don't advertise the R1 as an AW lag free box, but rather a router that has many features that can improve your overall gaming experience, and in some cases their quality at life at home (less raging etc). The support is why we have an ever evolving product, from our interaction with you and learning what needs to be fixed we can make a better product. I simply asked that you be respectful as telling us our updates are crap comes across as a little rude. Have you disabled the WiFi workaround? 

Bagsta69 you got me LMAO! You have had 2 bad days coding of 60. That's not comparable to my experience at all. Sounds like your having an awesome experience. I wish I could say the same. I would be coding instead of typing. I would also be quick to defend netduma with you if that were the case. I'm not sure how starting a new thread is going to help seeing as how we've been down that road. lets be honest. The updates have been superficial. They have mostly been thing that should have been there in the first place. You know what? Instead of arguing about it I'm gonna go ahead and pick up a capture card. This way you guys can see first hand how my duma is setup and the result. AW plays the same for me with or without the R1. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Looking at your posting history, I can't see that you've made a thread detailing all the things from the thread I linked in my previous response. If you have my apologies, if you haven't then I don't see why you wouldn't when it could potentially help you. I'm not arguing with you and I don't see the need to purchase a capture card to show us when a thread will be fine but if you want to thats your choice. All I ask is that you post a thread detailing the things I've asked for so that we may try to help you.

Archived