Power outage broke the router

I don't know what's going on Last night the weather was really so bad the entire neighborhood power went out for about 2 hours once the power was back on the Netduma doesn't work It normally beeps once and power up Since the power outage it beeps once and then 2 short beeps and it doesn't work I even put my computer into static ip 192.168.88.3 and tried to access the gateway no luck its not even issuing me a automatic ip it's my guest is like it's stuck in a boot loader maybe but any help would be appreciated

I don't know what's going on Last night the weather was really so bad the entire neighborhood power went out for about 2 hours once the power was back on the Netduma doesn't work It normally beeps once and power up Since the power outage it beeps once and then 2 short beeps and it doesn't work I even put my computer into static ip 192.168.88.3 and tried to access the gateway no luck its not even issuing me a automatic ip it's my guest is like it's stuck in a boot loader maybe but any help would be appreciated

Here's a link of video of the netduma

Do you have a volt meter to test the adapter to see if it is giving out the correct voltage?

That was one of the things I was wondering.  Brown out levels maybe, not enough to drive the unit?  Rare, but I have seen electrical surges make a normally passable electric line become like a coffee straw with throughput. 

Have you tried the unit with an outlet that isn't on that particular circuit?  Or as Zennon has indicated, do you have a way of getting a TRUE RMS* reading of the voltage hitting the unit?

JD

*TRUE RMS: basically means the high and low points are sampled and a real average is given.  As opposed to just reading the highest point that spikes, which may not be enough to drive the load unit.

Customer service second to none

Nah you don't know what you're talking about, they offer no customer service! /s

I want to say this has happened before to someone else's router.  Duma Army beware of power outages/surges.

I've gone through so many routers/modems/ethernet cards due to power outages or surges. My house got hit by lightening once and fried everything that was plugged in.

Nah you don't know what you're talking about, they offer no customer service! /s

I've gone through so many routers/modems/ethernet cards due to power outages or surges. My house got hit by lightening once and fried everything that was plugged in.

Archived