Petition to bring back MW2 remastered

iAmMoDBoX

The multiplayer side will need some changes but i don't see MW2 remastered it will be like rice and peas i doubt they will take a chance on 2 new realeases in a year lower player pool and bad gremlins with devs.

I'd rather MW2 stay in the past.

Noob tubers, quick scoping, commando, 1887 akimbo shotguns, one man army, scavenger replenishes everything (it's not the same in BO2)... All in the one game!

No way on this planet would I want that remastered.

From mw2 onwards they tried to cater more for a younger audience , don't get me wrong i enjoyed mw2 but looking back the jump from mw to mw2 went from dark and gritty war to fun colorful massive explosion cartoon war.

Having said that i still go back and play it haha the big kid i am ;)

You're right. Insert animated camos, aliens, mm etc it's too bad. If battlefield played like cod I'd spend a lot more time in it.

100% agreed.  The thing I never liked about BF is I play a lot of TDM and slayer orientated modes solo, so I can literally go 11-3 and have ZERO impact on whether we win or lose the game.  In CoD I can go 11-3 and hit a couple of streaks to at least help.

I'll be honest though, that new "expansion back" for Cops and Robbers looks pretty fun and I am heavily considering buying it for gaming next month after I finish my MP run on Blops 2. :D

I'd rather MW2 stay in the past.

Noob tubers, quick scoping, commando, 1887 akimbo shotguns, one man army, scavenger replenishes everything (it's not the same in BO2)... All in the one game!

No way on this planet would I want that remastered.

Oh I had forgotten about some of those things.  Noob tubers with one man army and scavenger replenishing everything was especially annoying...  If they just bring the maps up to the nexgen level and release them on one of the next titles that'd be sufficient.

• 2 weeks later...

If they just bring the maps up to the nexgen level and release them on one of the next titles that'd be sufficient.

I see this as a highly more likely option, at least for the really popular maps.  While there is obviously interest (read: MONEY), is Activision really going to stop a team from their "3-year development cycle" to work exclusively on a remastered edition for next gen?  "DLC map packs featuring your favorite MW 2 maps to be rolled out during the life cycle of our new game" just writes itself for the announcer guy.....

• 2 months later...

I would probably faint if this happens. I don't care what anyone says, I love MW1 more than any game I've ever played. It is 100% what started my love affair with MP. I appreciate the "remade" old maps, but there is something about the grittiness of the originals that you shouldn't change.

What is cool is if you own the games on PC... Modders have come out with ways to replay the old games using bots + offline profiles that allow you to rank up and prestige as you play.

It's fun to go back and play the earlier games because they really were "better" in terms of game play even if the graphics were lacking slightly given the age they were released.

there was an article i read recently on Forbes about this and how it would be shooting themselves in teh foot doing a remaster at this point.

here it is for those interested: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/06/22/call-of-duty-cannibalism-may-be-warding-off-modern-warfare-black-ops-remasters/

i saw the forbes article earlier, was gonna link it but you got first blood lol

Archived