Server ping 25ms. Why am I still 1 sec behind everyone?

jason1077

I live on the east coast Boston area.

I sometimes connect to a server near me @ 25ms.

Why does it feel like I am still a step behind everyone?

For example I am shooting someone in the back and the either walk away or they kill me.

I have attached a pic of the host filtering.

I have followed the steps on how to setup the netduma with all the documentation from here.

Not sure what is going on.

I have tried different scenarios like moving the HOME closer and further away from east coast.

Tried raising ping assist to 50ms.

Tried disabling strict mode.

Same results.

Currently playing on xbox360. gamertag is: SSI JAY.

Would like to do a party chat if possible.

Need some help please as to see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

post-999-0-07935300-1426213549_thumb.png

If your ping is 25ms then the Netduma has done its job well.

The game is a different matter but the Netduma team won't comment or trouble shoot that if that makes sense? The game is outwith their control.

I've had this before too on AW, sometimes backing out and leaving it for two minutes till hosts disappear then trying again works, even if it then connects you to the same server

I've had this before too on AW, sometimes backing out and leaving it for two minutes till hosts disappear then trying again works, even if it then connects you to the same server

I get this nearly all the time now, trouble is backing out just gets me back on the same UK dedi or sometimes the netherlands one and it's still the same.  P2P games are great if can ever grab one but rarely get a good game on a dedi and my pings are awesome 20-25ms

Hi,

Here are the pics.

Also my download speed is 150mb and 20 upload.

xbox360 is wired directly to netduma.

Congestion control: xbox360 @ 83.

algorithm set to reactive.

download and upload cap set @ 100%.

Most likely it is the game like everyone saying.

Just want to make sure that I have the netduma optimized to its fullest.

Thanks.

post-999-0-24709100-1426257139_thumb.png

post-999-0-65387800-1426257153_thumb.png

post-999-0-63380500-1426257167_thumb.png

post-999-0-13686400-1426257174_thumb.png

Just an FYI, i'm in the Northeast as well and connect to that server all the time and IMO it's junk. I would either reduce your radius or move your home location to avoid that dedi.

I'm having the same issue. I'm 99% sure it just the game. I unplugged my duma the other day just to trouble shoot and the game felt the exact same way... awful. It's felt awful regardless of ping the last week or so. Worse than it felt on launch.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Alex,

From support point of view the ping in game looks amazing. If you could show me the details of the Internet Diagnosis I could elaborate a little further. Thanks 

Because Lag Compensation kicks in. Players with bad connections paid for the game just like everyone else did and they have the right to a fair competition. 

AKA the democracy of one. It's like a hot summer day in a bus where a passenger has a cold. The windows should remain shut.  :angry:

i'm finding that i have to concentrate a lot more and play smarter since the dlc was released, certainly not consistantly topping lobby's now . i'm getting some ridiculous wins followed straight after by crushing defeats  

on the flipside a win seems more gratifying now.

maybe the sbmm has been tightened up and it's not just connection that's scuppering things?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry Jason, I missed this thread somehow. Ok so your Internet diagnosis looks good & more importantly the ping is very good relative to your base ping. So in that respect based on the evidence the router is doing what it is supposed to. As mentioned in that thread I cannot diagnose game-play only ping.

I did notice however that you have strict mode off, I'd suggest keeping that on. Also one of your Xbox's has its geo-filter disabled, I assume you know that already right? 

I do keep strict mode on. I was trying different scenarios.

When I'm on the 360 I enable geo filter and disable geo filter for xbox one.

I thought that is what we should do. I read that on here somewhere.

I kind of knew it would be the game itself.

Some gameplay when connected to certain servers are really good(hit detection on point) and when connected to other servers really bad lag(crap load of hit markers)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yeah I thought you did know Jason, I was just double checking. I agree its better to only keep geo-filter on for the console you're using. 

Archived